• 1 Post By 14decoys
  • 1 Post By Littlegreenmachine

Thread: 3 pt quick hitch and Artillian pallet forks

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:12 PM
    Thanks

3 pt quick hitch and Artillian pallet forks

I'd like to be able to use my Artillian pallet forks on the 3pt of my 1025r. I know I can just buy a carryall and accomplish the same thing but would like to use my new welder and make an attachment that would mount up to the quick hitch and then to the Artillian fork frame. I've looked on the ol interweb quite a bit and just haven't seen anything. Has anyone done this and if so would you share some pics??

....and yes...this is really just an excuse to use the new welder, but I think it would come in handy when I have the bucket on the front loader.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 14decoys View Post
    I'd like to be able to use my Artillian pallet forks on the 3pt of my 1025r. I know I can just buy a carryall and accomplish the same thing but would like to use my new welder and make an attachment that would mount up to the quick hitch and then to the Artillian fork frame. I've looked on the ol interweb quite a bit and just haven't seen anything. Has anyone done this and if so would you share some pics??

....and yes...this is really just an excuse to use the new welder, but I think it would come in handy when I have the bucket on the front loader.
    Someone else recently posted about trying to mount JDQA forks on the 3PH. It can be done. One suggestion was to purchase a cheapo Quick Hitch and weld the appropriate JDQA hardware to it.

But... Before I had a loader I had purchased a set of nice forks specifically designed for the 3PH. I can tell you that without a hydraulic top-link they were almost worthless. Also, since the 3PH doesn't lift very high (and this was on a mid-sized 2720) I couldn't even raise them high enough to offload a pallet from my small landscape trailer. The Cat-1 Limited 3PH on the 1-series would probably have even more restrictions.

I don't want to discourage you from embarking on a project with the new welder but I hate to see you waste the material. Especially since it takes all of 60-seconds to swap from the bucket to forks. :-)

How about building a nice fork dolly with casters?
    keane likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Someone else recently posted about trying to mount JDQA forks on the 3PH. It can be done. One suggestion was to purchase a cheapo Quick Hitch and weld the appropriate JDQA hardware to it.

But... Before I had a loader I had purchased a set of nice forks specifically designed for the 3PH. I can tell you that without a hydraulic top-link they were almost worthless. Also, since the 3PH doesn't lift very high (and this was on a mid-sized 2720) I couldn't even raise them high enough to offload a pallet from my small landscape trailer. The Cat-1 Limited 3PH on the 1-series would probably have even more restrictions.

I don't want to discourage you from embarking on a project with the new welder but I hate to see you waste the material. Especially since it takes all of 60-seconds to swap from the bucket to forks. :-)

How about building a nice fork dolly with casters?

HHMMMM....good points. I'm new to this stuff and hadn't considered that I'd have difficulty without the hydraulic top link. I'll have to come up with another project! Maybe a fork dolly like you said.

I appreciate it --thank you!
    keane likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 10:05 AM
    Thanks
    I have also scoured the Interwebs to find a pre-made mounting plate to allow you use a JDQA implement (forks, blade, bucket, etc.) on the 3PH and came up with nothing. If you find something, post it up.

If you make one.... then MAKE TWO!

In my case, I want to mount my treepuller on the 3PH. It would give me a lot more lifting/pulling power than the FEL allows for.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mark02tj For This Useful Post:

Rogero246†(12-19-2018)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    I have also scoured the Interwebs to find a pre-made mounting plate to allow you use a JDQA implement (forks, blade, bucket, etc.) on the 3PH and came up with nothing. If you find something, post it up.

If you make one.... then MAKE TWO!

In my case, I want to mount my treepuller on the 3PH. It would give me a lot more lifting/pulling power than the FEL allows for.

I can think of several uses for it...essentially a carryall without the floor but a pallet would work. It wouldn't have a upright back on it but I don't need that. I could pick up a partial pallet of mulch bags while loading more in the bucket....it would lift logs, brush, etc. But I can do that with the forks on the front. I'll have to give it more thought...

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Thanks
    Put me on the list also, was trying to move a pallet of concrete blocks the other day and the loader could barely lift them, I'm sure the 3pt wouldn't have had any problems. I do have hydraulic top and side links so a rear pallet fork could come in handy for those loads that don't need to be lifted very high.
    2008 3320 -- 2014 X739

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 AM
    Thanks
    Just make your own carry all then

I was going to build my own but after seeing how cheap a carry all is. I just bought one instead. I havenít had time but I will build different things out of wood for the carry all. Basically pallets That I can just back up and grab with the carry all. Right now I only have a pallet with my 25 gallon spot sprayer on. Iíll make new ones and ones with backs also when I need them.

The 1025 is severely limited 3ph height. most of my land is flat. When I get around the pond i have to be careful because a slight incline will grab the pallet. So keep that in mind.
    mark02tj likes this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements