Snowpusher build
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Snowpusher build

  1. Top | #1
    dombougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 11:34 PM
    Location
    Rockyview, Alberta
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts

    Snowpusher build

    Hello all. Just about finished my 60” snow pusher, waiting for some JD decals to make it look “legit”. All in I’d say it cost me around 600$ with materials left over.

    I used 3/16 steel plate 4x8 sheet at $250 I still have a 2’x5’ rectangle left

    I had a shop bend the blade for me that was 200$... I’ve had them do it before and never paid that much so I was a bit surprised.

    4”x1/2” 10’ long cutting edge was $80 as I prefer hardened steel edge.

    Paint, hardware and some welding wire would make up the balance of the cost. Don’t want to see next months power bill.

    I’d estimate around 25-30hrs which includes my “design and engineering” but I did have fun. No snow for the month of December yet weather has been very mild at 5*C
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 34D646F6-77E3-430A-8E7F-B56EEC92D59F_1545324488123.jpeg   19488647-53A4-4AE0-96D6-F40C32AEAF83_1545324507133.jpeg   2E9FA17B-5282-46A4-B682-5C5F8373F7F3_1545324523756.jpeg  
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, North585 and 26 others like this.
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to dombougie For This Useful Post:

    JD4044M (12-20-2018)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  4. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,886
    Thanks
    5,976
    Thanked 4,101 Times in 3,023 Posts
    Very nice.
    wentonbrown, dombougie and JD4044M like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  5. Top | #3
    JD4044M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Location
    Okanogan, Washington State
    Posts
    2,945
    Thanks
    1,793
    Thanked 652 Times in 425 Posts
    Boy that looks nice professionally built looking too! Now just only push snow and don't beat up on it with the hidden stuff and it should give you lots of years use! Wish mine looked that nice. My Wife is starting to go along with a nice Hydraulic operated Boss 6' 6" V Plow for next year on the tractor. I don't want a real big truck type one just wider then my tractor wheelbase. After seeing that guy run down the road with it turning the blade where needed and scooping to hold it in the blade I could spend 3-4,000.00 on one! Might even do a little Hire Out work on a road near me if I do. I was showing her one in action last night on the internet.
    Gizmo2, wentonbrown and dombougie like this.

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4
    blustnmtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 03:37 PM
    Location
    The Catskill Mountains of New York
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    Awesome project.
    wentonbrown, dombougie and JD4044M like this.
    -Chuck

    Cogito ergo armatum sum

    ’05 JD 3520 w/300X FEL, 448 backhoe, MX5 brushhog and iMatch

  8. Top | #5
    dombougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 11:34 PM
    Location
    Rockyview, Alberta
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    Boy that looks nice professionally built looking too! Now just only push snow and don't beat up on it with the hidden stuff and it should give you lots of years use! Wish mine looked that nice. My Wife is starting to go along with a nice Hydraulic operated Boss 6' 6" V Plow for next year on the tractor. I don't want a real big truck type one just wider then my tractor wheelbase. After seeing that guy run down the road with it turning the blade where needed and scooping to hold it in the blade I could spend 3-4,000.00 on one! Might even do a little Hire Out work on a road near me if I do. I was showing her one in action last night on the internet.
    I have a 7’ 6” Vplow on the truck. Western brand, I like the remote better it’s the same on snow dawgs as well. I think the western Plow was cheaper than the boss plow to.

    Not sure if they make a v Plow tractors though
    North585 and JD4044M like this.
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to dombougie For This Useful Post:

    JD4044M (12-20-2018)

  10. Top | #6
    HomesteadJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Location
    Southwestern Connecticut
    Posts
    1,603
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 284 Times in 206 Posts
    Nice fabrication work! Very nice!

    Sincerely
    dombougie and JD4044M like this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

  11. Top | #7
    JD4044M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Location
    Okanogan, Washington State
    Posts
    2,945
    Thanks
    1,793
    Thanked 652 Times in 425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dombougie View Post
    I have a 7’ 6” Vplow on the truck. Western brand, I like the remote better it’s the same on snow dawgs as well. I think the western Plow was cheaper than the boss plow to.

    Not sure if they make a v Plow tractors though
    I just spent a long time looking at different types and reviews and Western seems to be stronger but the more I watched it looks like just a blade with hydraulic angle would work the best for me. Then I saw this one!https://www.ksrequipment.com/invento...nois---4434231 and liked it but scared on what the cost would be? I have not found what they want you have to get a quote? Then my email will be filled up with advertisements right now I have one message in my in box from my wife. Maybe some one on here knows what they want for the 72" blade do not want a 96 inch monster on the front I got that on the back and have to watch I don't catch stuff when strait. Most of the time it is angles so not much wider then my rear tires. They won't let me copy a picture of this one or I would post it. Found a picture but I don't need the ends on it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trip-edge-snowblade-2web.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	518.1 KB 
ID:	663022

    Cleveland makes this one for around $2,200.00 delivered but it is not as strong and the whole blade trips not the bottom cutting edge like the JD one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snow Blade.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	663026None of my use is on asphalt or paved roads just gravel and dirt/rock ones made sorta flat it has to have a tilt. Also looking at maybe doing a 8 mile un/improved dirt road.
    Last edited by JD4044M; 12-20-2018 at 06:25 PM.
    keane and dombougie like this.

  12. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    936
    Thanks
    534
    Thanked 376 Times in 198 Posts
    Excellent craftsmanship. You're going to hate getting a scratch on that work of art.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

  13. Top | #9
    dombougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 11:34 PM
    Location
    Rockyview, Alberta
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keane View Post
    Excellent craftsmanship. You're going to hate getting a scratch on that work of art.
    Thank you! I was just out in the shop to top up the wood stove and i saw there was a greasy fingerprint on it! can't have that i used John Deere Paint as rustoleums "lilly pad" green was nowhere close to the OEM color oops! Sadly i took the loader off and the quick hitch on for possible snow over the next few days. Hopefully i can try it out soon!

  14. Top | #10
    dombougie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 11:34 PM
    Location
    Rockyview, Alberta
    Posts
    295
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 45 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    I just spent a long time looking at different types and reviews and Western seems to be stronger but the more I watched it looks like just a blade with hydraulic angle would work the best for me. Then I saw this one!https://www.ksrequipment.com/invento...nois---4434231 and liked it but scared on what the cost would be? I have not found what they want you have to get a quote? Then my email will be filled up with advertisements right now I have one message in my in box from my wife. Maybe some one on here knows what they want for the 72" blade do not want a 96 inch monster on the front I got that on the back and have to watch I don't catch stuff when strait. Most of the time it is angles so not much wider then my rear tires. They won't let me copy a picture of this one or I would post it. Found a picture but I don't need the ends on it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trip-edge-snowblade-2web.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	518.1 KB 
ID:	663022

    Cleveland makes this one for around $2,200.00 delivered but it is not as strong and the whole blade trips not the bottom cutting edge like the JD one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snow Blade.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	663026None of my use is on asphalt or paved roads just gravel and dirt/rock ones made sorta flat it has to have a tilt. Also looking at maybe doing a 8 mile un/improved dirt road.
    That Melecio is a sweet looking blade! I would start sweating thinking about the price of that. I do prefer the cutting edge to trip versus the whole blade itself, Its a lot safer and far less aggressive. I would hardly know if i clipped something in my truck with an edge trip. on the scut 54" blade i hate how the thing folds flat. Maybe an idea for the next project if the lack of snow here stays on trend.
    keane and JD4044M like this.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to dombougie For This Useful Post:

    JD4044M (12-22-2018)

  16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •