Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Todays Quick Hitch Cat 1 pins

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks

Todays Quick Hitch Cat 1 pins

I always thought Quick Hitch was new thing within the past 5-10 years, but looks like it has been around a long time. But one thing I don't understand is why no one seems to make one that will fit cat 1 lower pins? Most seem to want you to buy bushings and I don't get why?

I see that Land Pride has the qh05 and qh10 that looks to use the cat 1 pins only without the bushings, but the price looks high at about $400. Is anyone aware of any cheaper versions that simply use the cat 1 pins? (Already know about Pat's, talking about Quick Hitch type here.)

I seen this mod for the Harbor Freight quick hitch and wondering if anyone knows of anyone fabricating something like he did? (Looks like something for Ken's Bolt on Hooks to fab.....lol) The best way to fix a category 1 3 point Quick hitch! Harbor Freight and others. - YouTube
    Last edited by cashxx; 12-23-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Oscar Leroy and JD4044M like this.
    Tractor Info: 2018 1025r (01/18/2019) / 120R FEL 53" Bucket / 260B BH with 16" Bucket / 60" MMM with AC / R4 Tires
    Upgrades: RimGuard in Rear Tires / 16" BackHoe Bucket / Engine Block Heater / JD Seat Cover / 3D Pedal Covers / 3D Diff Pedal / HH WT Bracket / 5' Rear Blade / CountyLine 4' RT4 Tiller / JD Ballast Box / HLA 36" Forks / RanchEx 3pt Quick Hitch / BXpanded 6", Ripper, BH Thumb, QA / LoadNGo /
    Planned Upgrades: Edge Tamers / Bolt-on Hooks / HH Rear Receiver Hitch Plate / HH Toothbar

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cashxx For This Useful Post:

Oscar Leroy (12-23-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    The Land Pride is the only QH that I'm aware of that offers the ability to not use bushings. As they say on their page, the QH05 and QH10 have "non-standard" Cat 1 bottom hooks. Everyone else seems to use the standard Cat 3 bottom hooks.
    Superglidesport and PJR832 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Most seem to want you to buy bushings and I don't get why?
    Just as an add-on here, the QH isn't new and when they came out the target wasn't homeowners with SCUTs. They were designed for farmers/ranchers who might have several tractors (and implements) of different sizes. By putting a Cat 3 bottom hook, you could use some of your Cat 2 or Cat 3 implements on a tractor that only has a Cat 1 3pt hitch if you needed to.

If they put Cat 1 hooks on it, you can only use it for Cat 1 implements. That would probably work for many of us here in GTT but we're only a sub-set of the total market.
    Superglidesport and PJR832 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks
    To me, forcing everyone to buy bushings is non-standard....lol One would think manufacturers would make a cat 1, cat 2 and cat 3 series of quick hitches. Seems to be the route that Land Pride has maybe taken. Makes more sense to me. But I guess, you are locked into that size range then. If you move to a larger tractor, you would have to buy a new quick hitch. But having to buy a bunch of bushings is a road I really don't want to go down.
    mark02tj and JD4044M like this.
    Tractor Info: 2018 1025r (01/18/2019) / 120R FEL 53" Bucket / 260B BH with 16" Bucket / 60" MMM with AC / R4 Tires
    Upgrades: RimGuard in Rear Tires / 16" BackHoe Bucket / Engine Block Heater / JD Seat Cover / 3D Pedal Covers / 3D Diff Pedal / HH WT Bracket / 5' Rear Blade / CountyLine 4' RT4 Tiller / JD Ballast Box / HLA 36" Forks / RanchEx 3pt Quick Hitch / BXpanded 6", Ripper, BH Thumb, QA / LoadNGo /
    Planned Upgrades: Edge Tamers / Bolt-on Hooks / HH Rear Receiver Hitch Plate / HH Toothbar

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cashxx View Post
    To me, forcing everyone to buy bushings is non-standard....lol One would think manufacturers would make a cat 1, cat 2 and cat 3 series of quick hitches. Seems to be the route that Land Pride has maybe taken. Makes more sense to me. But I guess, you are locked into that size range then. If you move to a larger tractor, you would have to buy a new quick hitch. But having to buy a bunch of bushings is a road I really don't want to go down.
    It's all about cost to manufacturer the product, how many different models need to be inventoried, and how many they will sell. To my knowledge and as others have said, Land Pride is the only manufacturer that makes a designated quick hitch for cat 1 attachments and yes, buying bushings for every attachment is expensive, although Land Pride seems to know this since their designated cat 1 quick hitch isn't cheap.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 Times in 1,293 Posts
    JD does make Quick Hitches for Cat-1, Cat-2 and Cat-3.

I believe JD even makes what they call an "economy hitch" that accepts Cat-1 pins without a bushing.

The iMatch most of us use is Cat-1. The BIG tractors have had a "quick hitch" for a long time and their isn't anyone putting bushings on those implements.

How the whole Cat-3 pin size on smaller tractors got started still remains a bit of a mystery.

I see the bushing issue a small price to pay for the added convenience of quickly interchanging implements. You would have to go to a much bigger tractor to need something larger than Cat-1. All JD 1 thru 4-series tractors are Cat-1. You get into a Cat-2 with the 5-series. So if you upgrade from a 1025R to a 5075E you'll probably have to buy all new implements anyway so is a new larger hitch really a show stopper?

How many sets of bushings does the typical owner need anyway? Most of us have found bargains on-line whereby bushing sets can be had for anywhere from $10 a set to $15 a set. Again, I can't see that being an issue. You could always swap them from implement to implement if necessary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails h1.jpg   h2.jpg  
    Last edited by jgayman; 12-23-2018 at 12:25 PM.
    PJR832, Etkini and JD4044M like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:04 AM
    Thanks
    I agree to a point, but... How many rear implements do you (or most of us) have? I have a wood chipper, my ballast box and a roll-over back blade. I used to have a rear grading blade, but sold it about a month ago. The box blade is old enough that it's not Quickhitch compatible, so that leaves the other implements. Let's say I had a total of 5 rear implements though. So even if I needed bushing for all of them, I'm only looking at (less than) $100 for them all. In the whole big picture of everything I have invested in my tractor and attachments ($30k-ish?), that's a drop in the bucket. Certainly not a road that I was worried about going down.
    PJR832 and JD4044M like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Thanks
    The bushing is a fine fix for me, I have implements that came with Cat 1 pins and Cat 2 pins. I can buy bushings for either to get them to the standard Cat 3 Dimension. I can also borrow or rent implements and throw a set of bushings on and use them. If I had a Cat 1 size quick hitch I would be limited to implements I can change the pins themselves on. This wouldn't be very practical for welded on pin designs. I actually wish my 4052R came with Cat 2 size lift arms and top link. It's easy to use a bushing to make them smaller, but for a brush mower I use for my neighbors in their pasture I had to buy a new top link and change their lower pins to Cat 1. It wasn't quick hitch compatible in any sense.
    Last edited by Plug Ugly; 12-23-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    PJR832 and JD4044M like this.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I believe JD even makes what they call an "economy hitch" that accepts Cat-1 pins without a bushing.
    I'm not sure if that econo hitch is available any more. The model number for it is PMQH100. Some sites show it as available anywhere from $312 to $475, other sites show it available as "New Old Stock" and other sites say it is no longer available.
    PJR832 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 Times in 1,293 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I'm not sure if that econo hitch is available any more. The model number for it is PMQH100. Some sites show it as available anywhere from $312 to $475, other sites show it available as "New Old Stock" and other sites say it is no longer available.
    Interesting... I was not aware of that. I just checked JD parts and PMQH100 (black) and PMQH101 (green) both show as no longer available. I have a feeling JD didn't sell many of them with most customers opting for the standard iMatch. I also suspect a lot of customers never even knew the economy model was available.
    JimR, PJR832 and tareece like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast