• 1 Post By Hiwire
  • 1 Post By IndianaJim

Thread: Land pride 50" reverse tine tiller

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 04:00 AM
    Thanks

Land pride 50" reverse tine tiller

I have acquired a 50" reverse time tiller for the smaller tractors, wondering what everyone else opinion is on the reverse till vs standard tillers, kinda want to trade it for a green one... am I crazy? running a x750 in front of it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Thanks
    Well when I Bought My 1025R In 2017 Land pride was actually my first Choice. But My Deere dealer No Longer Carrier them and I wanted to do a 1 Purchase for everything at the Time. Was going to go with a Frontier tiller instead. But the wait was To Long on the Frontier so I went with a Deere 647 which I used On the 1025R and X748. Now Use the 647 On My 2025R(GenII) & X748. But I have always Liked Land Pride tillers. I think there some of the Best aftermarket tillers on the Market. I also Have a Deere Hydraulic tiller which I can use to for Back tilling or Forward tilling on the X748. The reverse Tine are Great for Tilling new ground and also Great for Tilling in Manure Sometime with the forward Tine PTO tiller You have to till the ground More than Once when tilling new ground where the reverse tines can usually till in one Pass
    BigJim55, Ffford7.3 and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 04:00 AM
    Thanks
    Yea I would love to have a 647... mainly because my x750 was made to be paired with that tiller, my biggest gripe about the reverse till is the fact it throws dirt all over the back of the tractor, but it's also missing the rubber deflector on the front so that should change.... I like the width because the tiller i have been borrowing since I got the tractor was 36" wide and not made for the compacts, the land pride fits like a friggen glove! I just didn't know how everybody liked the reverse till vs forward till. I do know it takes some umph pulling it because the forward till would push the tractor.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 4 ft County Linentiller ordered. After reading posts about reverse tine operation my plan is to reverse it as I assemble it, before even adding oil. If its available it seems like a no brainer. As far as throwing debris, if its an issue I guess I could add some kind of deflector.or shield. Most soil around here isnt real rocky so it might not be an issue. For efficiency it sounds like reverse us the way to go. If it bogs down, lift it.
    Ffford7.3 likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:08 AM
    Thanks

Land pride 50" reverse time tiller

I have the Landpride forward rotation tiller. Model RTA1050. I run it on my 1025r with no issues. I originally wanted the reverse till, but dealer put me in touch with vegetable farmer who had both the forward and reverse till Landpride tillers. The reverse rotation he said works good for breaking ground an burying material. However it tends to wrap up vine type materials. The forward rotation tiller chopped the vines up a bit better he said.

I bought the forward but always wanted to try the reverse rotation one. I’d like to bury material a bit better. Plus the forward rotation wraps vines as well unless they are dried out.

I like my Landpride tiller. Works good on tractor and no problems powering it. Covers the tire tracks. If it has a slip clutch make sure it works properly. Personally I’d prefer shear bolt on my tiller but the 10 series only had slip clutch. Make sure the gearbox and chain case have oil in them to the proper level. If it’s chain driven like mine is make sure the chain istensioned properly.

In 2014 when I bought my tractor a Deere 647 tiller was a three month wait and it cost more. I got the Landpride in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 12-26-2018 at 12:10 PM.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thats qll good info. Nice that you had someone with experience on both. I would look real carefully. The County Line tiller is reversable. Is there a chance that the Land Pride is also?
    Ray

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Thanks
    I have a Land Pride RTR that I use behind my 1025r and it does a great job. I only till a small area but I havent had any issues with it throwing dirt on the rear of the tractor. Are you going to be tilling shallow?

‘17 1025r w/FEL
    (2) 80 JD carts
    18 JD cart
    Land Pride 4’ land plane
    Land Pride 1258 tiller
    Land Pride FDR 1660
    Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
    Victory EF155 flail mower

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks
    Reverse rotation breaks up the ground much better but requires more power or slower travel speed.
    Ive got a smaller (42") reversible tiller, and running forward or reverse, it will wrap whatever viney stuff it runs over. Direction really doesnt matter in that regard.
    If you just want it broken up, forward works fine.
    Forward will push the tractor, and also ride up over some things. If the ground is hard, sometimes they dont do a very good job.
    If you want it fine and smooth, reverse works best.
    Reverse, as mentioned above, will work to limit the tractors forward speed. It also sucks down into the ground because of its rotation.
    It also is better at burying whatever you are tilling up.
    If I cant afford a reversible 54", Ill get a reverse rotation only. I RARELY use forward rotation tilling.
    Ground tilled reverse rotation looks better to me vs forward. Its finer and smoother.
    Neither will help with ground thats too wet.

Also, you should be able to angle it forward to somewhat limit what its throwing all over the tractor. Adding the flap back obviously will help too.
    jdforever likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements