• 1 Post By Tireman72
  • 1 Post By Flyingbrian

Thread: Rural King Quick Hitch vs Tractor Supply Quick Hitch

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks

Rural King Quick Hitch vs Tractor Supply Quick Hitch

Was looking at quick hitches today at Rural King and Tractor Supply and I thought they were the same, but the one at Rural King looks like the top link hook holes for the bolts are more rearward than the ones at Harbor Freight. But they do look exactly the same otherwise. If the one at Rural King has the holes back further that hook should stick out more. Will that fix the issue that some have and usually replace that top hook because of issues?

Harbor Freight has 25% off coupon coming up off $99 and a replacement top hook is about $40 so in the long run would be more expensive than the one at Rural King that runs about $90. Not sure how often Rural King as a sale.

I also noticed that Rural King seem to have two models as well. One has longer lock handles while another one has shorter handles like at the one at Harbor Freight, but both seem to have the deeper hooks. So not sure what the difference is, I'd probably get the longer handled one if I went that route.
    Last edited by cashxx; 12-29-2018 at 02:41 PM.
    Robnik and JD4044M like this.
    Tractor Info: 2018 1025r (01/18/2019) / 120R FEL 53" Bucket / 260B BH with 16" Bucket / 60" MMM with AC / R4 Tires
    Upgrades: RimGuard in Rear Tires / 16" BackHoe Bucket / Engine Block Heater / JD Seat Cover / 3D Pedal Covers / 3D Diff Pedal / HH WT Bracket / 5' Rear Blade / CountyLine 4' RT4 Tiller / JD Ballast Box / HLA 36" Forks / RanchEx 3pt Quick Hitch / BXpanded 6", Ripper, BH Thumb, QA / LoadNGo /
    Planned Upgrades: Edge Tamers / Bolt-on Hooks / HH Rear Receiver Hitch Plate / HH Toothbar

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cashxx View Post
    Was looking at quick hitches today at Rural King and Tractor Supply and I thought they were the same, but the one at Rural King looks like the top link hook holes for the bolts are more rearward than the ones at Harbor Freight. But they do look exactly the same otherwise. If the one at Rural King has the holes back further that hook should stick out more. Will that fix the issue that some have and usually replace that top hook because of issues?

Harbor Freight has 25% off coupon coming up off $99 and a replacement top hook is about $40 so in the long run would be more expensive than the one at Rural King that runs about $90. Not sure how often Rural King as a sale.

I also noticed that Rural King seem to have two models as well. One has longer lock handles while another one has shorter handles like at the one at Harbor Freight, but both seem to have the deeper hooks. So not sure what the difference is, I'd probably get the longer handled one if I went that route.
    Have Harbor freight quick hitch has worked well for 5 years. Use on tiller, rear blade, weight bar and bush hog
    JD4044M likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 01:28 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tireman72 View Post
    Have Harbor freight quick hitch has worked well for 5 years. Use on tiller, rear blade, weight bar and bush hog
    I have the Harbor Freight model used the 25% off a couple months back when purchasing it. Check out TTWT he has a great write up on it also
    Tractor Tim likes this.
    2018/1025R
    60D MMM
    120R FEL
    Frontier Forks
    54 inch Quick Hitch Snow Blade
    RT1142 Tiller

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Flyingbrian For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim (01-02-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements