Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Wallenstein bx42s chipper

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 11:34 PM
    Thanks

Wallenstein bx42s chipper

I know there has been a good amount of discussion and many owners who have one that id like to hear from. I saw a new Wallenstein Bx42s for sale a few hours from me for $1600. I could maybe get him to do better but that’s atleast half of what they are new. Apparently this units never been used.

With my landscape business any pruining we do is usually hauled to the landfill or I put in my burn pile. I have been collecting it now and have a decent pile, I also have a buddy who runs a Christmas tree lot and I take what’s left and burn those. This year he had 130 left over that I kept.

I’ve rented the large 10-12” diesel tow behind chippers and although I’ve tried And have yet to bust or stall them.

Will I be able to feed the chipper “full trees” or one branch at a time? Rental is $300 a day for a big machine. And between rental and myself purchasing mulch for my trees and beds it would pay for the unit eventually.

What is the life expectancy for the knives or cutters that the chipper uses?
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,101 Times in 3,023 Posts
    What tractor will be turning it?
    greenharley likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    What tractor will be turning it?
    Sorry, I will be using my 1025r
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 08:32 AM
    Thanks
    I ran about 20 3"-4" diameter, 20'+ tall birch trees through my BX42 about 3 weeks ago. I just shoved them in and occasionally gave them a little push. Without any leaves on them the branches folded up pretty easily.

I haven't tried running christmas trees through it since those usually get fed to the goats but I would guess they'd be more of a problem. With no autofeed to pull them through, it's up to you to fold the branches up enough to get them to fit through the chute.
    Gizmo2 and JD4044M like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

Chipmeister (12-30-2018)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Here is the ad I mentioned can anyone tell me if this is a Wallenstein or the Chinese version? I’d prefer to purchase the Canadian version for serviceability and parts

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...equestSource=b

9. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,101 Times in 3,023 Posts
    Made in Canada...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chipper (5).JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	664578

Wallenstein Logo Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	664582 on the other side...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chipper Blocks (1).JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	664580
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Giz. Yes I assumed it was the Wallenstein but looking at the ad more it seems it’s the knock off. I’ll give him a call and see what he wants to offload it for. Won’t be for $1600

It’s also 7-8hr round trip to pick it up
    Gizmo2 likes this.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 10:00 PM
    Thanks
    Spruce trees and really most evergreens don't go through these self feeding chippers to well due to the branches growing out at every angle. You would have to cut most of the branches off the stem which to get the chipper to take em. On deciduous trees most of the branches trend upwards so they will fold up if fed into the chipper butt end first. I don't think a 1025R paired to one of these chippers would make fiscal sense for a business. Don't get me wrong. I own a chinese clown and have been spending a lot of time on it lately chipping the brush from a 50' x 70' section of land I cleared. I just don't think they are nearly fast enough if time is money.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybcrazy View Post
    Spruce trees and really most evergreens don't go through these self feeding chippers to well due to the branches growing out at every angle. You would have to cut most of the branches off the stem which to get the chipper to take em. On deciduous trees most of the branches trend upwards so they will fold up if fed into the chipper butt end first. I don't think a 1025R paired to one of these chippers would make fiscal sense for a business. Don't get me wrong. I own a chinese clown and have been spending a lot of time on it lately chipping the brush from a 50' x 70' section of land I cleared. I just don't think they are nearly fast enough if time is money.
    It certainly wouldn’t be something I’d bring on the job site, I don’t take on much arbourist jobs due to lack of equipment and knowledge. Most would be my personal property maintenance. Any extra chipping would come from the little I do from work as well as the yearly Christmas tree drop off.

Last year I was left with around 75 trees which I piled and burned. It’s hard to burn as the wood is still green, it also made a mess of my lawn. I have a 50x50 patch in the back section that will probably never grow grass again.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 11:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dombougie View Post
    It certainly wouldn’t be something I’d bring on the job site, I don’t take on much arbourist jobs due to lack of equipment and knowledge. Most would be my personal property maintenance. Any extra chipping would come from the little I do from work as well as the yearly Christmas tree drop off.

Last year I was left with around 75 trees which I piled and burned. It’s hard to burn as the wood is still green, it also made a mess of my lawn. I have a 50x50 patch in the back section that will probably never grow grass again.

The sap from the pine needles is extremely acidic. My neighbour's front lawn (with three giant white pines) is testament to that.

One of my old coworkers is actually an arborist, and owns a three-point chipper on a much older "full-size" tractor for his acreage. His opinion was that if I was just interested in chipping, he'd hire me as a cash labourer at ten bucks an hour and I would likely come out ahead (this was me considering mounting a 4" chipper on my 2520).

If you're doing it for cash, get a real Vermeer chipper, if you're doing it for yourself only, this would do fine.
    Last edited by firemachine69; 12-30-2018 at 08:56 PM.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast