Anyone come up with a solution on how to make your snowblower a plow?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Anyone come up with a solution on how to make your snowblower a plow?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks

Anyone come up with a solution on how to make your snowblower a plow?

Hi,

There are a lot of people on here who seems to come up with some really great ideas so I thought someone might have already come up with a way to help on mine.

I have a 54" snowblower that works great and I love it but when I only have a few inches or inch or 2 of ice that is where I have my problem!

I have a back blade I put in to help but it takes time to take my ballast off and then put it on the rear and plow backwards. I don't want to have to take off the snowblower (okay im lazy).

Well I got to thinking why isn't there a blade you can hook up to the front of the blower for the small jobs? Anyone done something like this? I thought of using the 54 blade but I would still have to take the blower off and still have my pto on.

If there was a way to hook a blade of some type quick and easy wouldn't this help us all? Not for big jobs just the small ones that I know most irritate some others on here.

Maybe something like weight that can be attached to the front of the blower without damaging it just to push a little slush or snow. Might be a great little money maker for someone

Look forward to hearing your ideas and solutions.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,155 Times in 2,310 Posts
    Donít see why not -

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	D80DD7DA-FF8F-4595-A255-48185ADE11D3.jpeg†
Views:	23†
Size:	440.4 KB†
ID:	665594
    Toughsox likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks

yes something just like that for our 1023/5

Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Don’t see why not -

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	D80DD7DA-FF8F-4595-A255-48185ADE11D3.jpeg†
Views:	23†
Size:	440.4 KB†
ID:	665594

It seems so simple but yet why cant I find something like that to use!

I actually have a walk behind I retired when I got my 1025 so this might just work....hummmmm hummmmmm thanks! It sure would beat changing attachments or buying larger expensive fixes.
    Last edited by USAFRet; 01-05-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    coaltrain likes this.

2017 1025R with turf tires
    H120 FEL with 53" Bucket Quick Change
    54" Autoconnect Mower, mulch kit and hyd mower lift
    54" Quick-Hitch Two Stage Snow Blower Hyd Rotator with Remote Spout Cap kit
    Ballast box with tubes
    IMatch
    Engine blanket
    LED lights
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks and rear hitch
    Country Time/Tarter 48" Tiller
    Titan carriage & 42" forks

PS Everyone knows what a 1025R looks like so my Avatar is a picture of my two girls!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks
    I don't have a front blower so, are they that hard to take off? The whole idea of the quick hitch is supposed to be to make all of that pretty simple.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    I don't have a front blower so, are they that hard to take off? The whole idea of the quick hitch is supposed to be to make all of that pretty simple.
    Its not hard. Just time consuming and annoying to have to switch back to the FEL if you have one. I prep the day bfore if I know its gonna be a little storm with slushy mess. We also have had a crappy rainy winter so far here in CT and i havent even moved my blower from storage yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 1025r - Amazing Machine!
    1969 112 - May need a rebuild

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Change over Takes about 5 Minutes Disconnect Blower Chute angle Hoses, disconnect drive shaft(blower end) Pull quick hitch Pins set Blower down, Remove angle Locking Pin from quick Hitch & (in My case UN-zip zip-ties on angle cylinder Hoses) Connect angle cylinder Hose to Tractor. Pick Up Blade Plow snow
    etcallhome and North585 like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Depending upon the snow conditions, I have just plowed with my blower, using it like a snow pusher. After all, it's about the same width as the standard sized plow and the end panels on the blower make it function like a snow pusher.

I would install rubber edges on the snowblower where the shoes are and where the wear plate is if it won't clean well enough without it, when using it as a snow pusher.

Is it the ideal snow plow, well of course not, but it also requires no effort to simply push snow with it and not turn the blower on. Or, if the snow accumulates enough in front of the blower, you could turn it on to "clear it".

Just make sure if you are using your blower as a pusher and NOT turning it on you be careful the snow in the rear impeller area doesn't freeze up, which could happen if you store your machine in the outside or a unheated area. The best way to avoid this would be to operate the blower long enough to clear it of snow at the impeller stage of the machine and / or park it where it's heated so the snow melts out of the blower, which is what I have done with mine.
    rtgt and Toughsox like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    Change over Takes about 5 Minutes Disconnect Blower Chute angle Hoses, disconnect drive shaft(blower end) Pull quick hitch Pins set Blower down, Remove angle Locking Pin from quick Hitch & (in My case UN-zip zip-ties on angle cylinder Hoses) Connect angle cylinder Hose to Tractor. Pick Up Blade Plow snow
    This makes me laugh at the OP becuase im just as lazy. Iíd use my backhoe more if it wasnít so time consuming to change out the 3pt to backhoe. I mean come on. I ainít got 5 minutes

Hey. Iím tryig to figure out how to install my bucket pins from the seat so I donít have to get off the tractor when I change front implements with the ďquick connect

If I didnít work 7 days a week you would think Iím lazy
    Sergeant, rtgt, SulleyBear and 1 others like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-31-2019 @ 09:02 PM
    Thanks
    You could try something like this...

Pennsylvania man thinks outside the box when clearing snow | abc13.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    etcallhome likes this.
    | 1025R, H120 w/ 53" Bucket, 60D MMM, 47" Snowblower, Heavy Hitch, BOGH, Piranha, No Money Left |

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    This makes me laugh at the OP becuase im just as lazy. Iíd use my backhoe more if it wasnít so time consuming to change out the 3pt to backhoe. I mean come on. I ainít got 5 minutes

Hey. Iím tryig to figure out how to install my bucket pins from the seat so I donít have to get off the tractor when I change front implements with the ďquick connect

If I didnít work 7 days a week you would think Iím lazy
    Why do You think I have never gotten rid of My Garden tractors. I have the Blade On the 2025R with the Artillian adapter on the Loader and the 47inch Blower is On the X748 so I don't Have to Take 5minutes Or More to change them Over. Heck I have have a 3rd Tractor the GX335 set Up with a smaller 48inch Blade Just to Plow My sidewalks In the front of the House so I don't Have to Get either walk Behind to remove snow there I have a single & a Two Stage Ariens walk behind Blowers. Use the single Mostly for Clearing the Trex deck off Only Place I truly have to walk

BTW for the OP this is the Biggest Blower Mounted Blade I could Find Slush Plow (48) Snow Blower Plow Blade Attachment | I.M.A.C. Attachment SP 48 and here is there Main website Slush Plow | Snow Blower Accessories | Snow Blower Attachment for removing Slush and Sleet
    Last edited by Sergeant; 01-05-2019 at 03:07 PM.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergeant For This Useful Post:

J3 Driver†(01-05-2019)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast