Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Pallet forks

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:40 AM
    Thanks

Pallet forks

I have a 3039r and am thinking on getting a set of pallet forks. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on which ones and why? I have never had a set and do not know what I should be looking at. I do know I want the higher back and would like an easy way to attach a chain if needed. I have been looking and the only set I found that lists a chain slot is artillian but there is a significant price difference between them and just about anyone else.
    Who uses what and is ther a less expensive set with a chain attachment?
    rtgt likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks
    Buy once, cry once. There is no comparison with the versatility, quality, durability, fit & finish, weight and usefulness of Artillian vs the “others”.
    Kennyd, rtgt, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 09:42 PM
    Thanks
    I have a set of Artillians on order (42x3”) with the 3000 pound frame. While I cannot comment on the quality personally yet, I can comment on understanding the price difference between them and others. I looked at other brands and shopped around at Deere for them also. I can tell you for the money you won’t find a better set (from what I’ve seen/read). With the limited lift capacity of my 2032R every pound extra the forks weigh is a pound less of material I can pickup. And I couldn’t find one bad review on them, but yes they are spendy but show me something of true quality that isn’t.
    rtgt, jdforever, keane and 1 others like this.
    John Deere 2032R
    60D MMM
    220R Loader
    Artillian 42” Forks
    King Kutter Professional 5 ft Tiller
    King Kutter Subsoiler

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    01-14-2019 @ 10:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R.davenport35 View Post
    I have a 3039r and am thinking on getting a set of pallet forks. I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion on which ones and why? I have never had a set and do not know what I should be looking at. I do know I want the higher back and would like an easy way to attach a chain if needed. I have been looking and the only set I found that lists a chain slot is artillian but there is a significant price difference between them and just about anyone else.
    Who uses what and is ther a less expensive set with a chain attachment?
    Many of the members on this site think there is nothing like Artillian. I bought a set from AIM a couple of years ago for my 4120 and they have been great! They are very well built (have picked up a 1000 lbs with them when I have weights on the back to keep rear of tractor on the ground) They have the high back you are needing and they are made in the USA! I believe you will be very happy with them and save some $$. Not sure about the chain attachment though. Good luck!
    rtgt and PJR832 like this.
    2009 JD 4120
    4000cx Loader
    72" Frontier finishing mower
    Other non-JD attachments:
    5' tiller
    8' 3-point blade
    AIM pallet forks
    7' bush hog type mower
    Homemade attachments

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GS455 For This Useful Post:

Okmike (08-01-2019)

8. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:48 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,085 Times in 3,015 Posts
    R.davenport35, There is a lot of information on here about the various forks offered and new forks keep showing up all the time.
    Just keep in mind most forks are far better than no forks.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 08:01 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GS455 View Post
    Many of the members on this site think there is nothing like Artillian. I bought a set from AIM a couple of years ago for my 4120 and they have been great! They are very well built (have picked up a 1000 lbs with them when I have weights on the back to keep rear of tractor on the ground) They have the high back you are needing and they are made in the USA! I believe you will be very happy with them and save some $$. Not sure about the chain attachment though. Good luck!
    All of the "Fork Threads" and I've never heard AIM mentioned. Good to know there is another made in USA option out there.

Chris (Artillian) was a big contributor on this side and a damn nice guy. I liked supporting a small business and Chris was great to work with and his workmanship and creativity was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    R.davenport35, There is a lot of information on here about the various forks offered and new forks keep showing up all the time.
    Just keep in mind most forks are far better than no forks.
    x2

Another handy option is a 2 inch receiver in the frame.
    Gizmo2, jdforever and PJR832 like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks
    The CID forks I just purchased are made in a North Carolina and have US forks.

I am going to add some Ken’s bolt on hooks to them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB8997DA-8E25-4B66-8ADB-C2E3546854F8.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	665702

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5213825-689C-4564-9AA6-024A6968C578.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	4.89 MB 
ID:	665704
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MeagerHair View Post
    I am going to add some Ken’s bolt on hooks to them.
    That seems to me to be the easy option. You can weld or bolt a set of hooks to any fork frame for short $$.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks
    I have a set of 42 inch Artillians. Yes, they are probably more money than most others. However, they tend to be lighter than other brands and more importantly to me, is I can use the frame for other attachments. I routinely take the forks off and mount a hoe bucket on my fork frame.

So, in my mind, if all you want are forks, go find the lightest/cheapest set that suits your needs. If you think you will want other attachments and want the advantage of having a loader frame that can accommodate that, then consider the Artillians.

It's all about how you want to solve your problems and spend your money. When I got mine, the Artillians were the lightest ones on the market and really the only ones that a SCUT could handle. Titan quickly came out with some and so have other brands. If you really want to be cheap you can always get some bolt on forks for your bucket but you will really be limiting your self.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:40 AM
    Thanks
    I hadn’t thought of adding bolt on hooks that is a good thought. I also hadn’t thought about whether I might need the artillian set if I choose to get a grapple in the future. This is why I put this out these are all good things to ponder. I had the hydraulics set so I can use a grapple easy enough. Just not ready for one yet. But it may be worth the extra cost for when I am ready.
    All food for thought as I’m not getting them until spring as there is too much snow to do much outside now anyhow.
    Thank you.
    rtgt, mark02tj, jdforever and 2 others like this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast