Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 2018 1025r and 60" JD front plow parts needed

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 11:01 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dombougie View Post
    I use my quick hitch blade, broom and blower for commercial snow removal so length, width and speed of angling are all factors. If it was just me clearing my property id consider the loader mounted blade, even with manual angling its not terrible, you just learn how to clear it differently. I'm one of the quick hitch haters out there
    It is disappointing how low to the ground the quick hitch is on the 1 series. The lower to the ground, the less blade angle clearance you have which ends up limiting the width of the front blade you can carry on the tractor with any angle.

Deere really needs to have a heavy duty professional 3 point hitch for the front of the 1 series. But when you think about all the money they saved by just kicking the can down the road by using the quick hitch, it likely is very appealing to Deere to hold the course.

The other issue is the height of the angling cylinder and 90 degree hydraulic fittings off the ground on the quick hitch. This is a very important reason why people should put the top flap on their plow to keep the snow from coming over the top of it. Once the snow comes over the blade, it piles on top of the quick hitch and the angling function, along with the heat from the exhaust pipe aimed at the back of the blade, it causes ice chunks to form and it can and will snap off or at least bend and cause the hydraulic fitting to break. I am sure you have found this with your front broom as well............

I just don't have the room for the added length of the blade on the FEL and I MUST have angling features for plowing, because of the amount of back dragging from garage doors. Since I carry a 3 point platform on the rear for ballast and equipment and supplies, adding the plow on the FEL mount makes my tractor to long for the heated storage of the 3rd garage bay.

And my tractor likes heated storage.......[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/1/good2.gif[/IMG] as do I......

KyleW, Excellent summary and write up, at the beginning of the
    thread addressing the parts issues and kit components.

No issues with broom icing up as the hitch system stays fairly clear. I would like to do the exhaust downturn as the exhaust makes a black mess of everything in front of it.

Loader mounted plow doesn’t work for the pro guys due to speed and length of total unit. they certainly need a professional grade system. Were beating the dead horse here asking for one as I’m sure they will recycle the parts till the end.

I don’t have a loader mounted plow but a snow pusher and I love it. Unfortunately we havnt had much snow since the end of November and all I’ve really done is cleared the snow drifts and some lawn areas off but I would have hated doing it with the QH blade
    John Deere 1025R, Frontier RB2060 Rear blade, JD 647 Tiller, JD Quick hitch 60HD" Broom, 54" Blade with clip on extensions, 54" Blower, BX42 Wood chipper, Homemade pallet forks, 60" Snow pusher, Land plane. Lots of other cool things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    KyleW, Excellent summary and write up, at the beginning of the
    thread addressing the parts issues and kit components.

Thank you SB. It's maybe one of the few things I know about my tractor

Quote Originally Posted by dombougie View Post
    No issues with broom icing up as the hitch system stays fairly clear. I would like to do the exhaust downturn as the exhaust makes a black mess of everything in front of it.
    I had the same problem. The factory exhaust heats the left side of the blade and creates ice, like Sulley mentioned. Blackens the loader when using that. I got a silicone 90° elbow and tried pointing in down between the front wheels. That made the right hand side of the blade heat up and ice. I now have it blowing over the left front wheel. That fixed the icing and loader soot. You might consider that instead.

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    08-09-2019 @ 03:53 PM
    Thanks
    I went with the Deere quick hitch but a CTA 60" blade. Its taller and has real skid shoes on it I have had it three seasons and love it.
    2018 2038R 220R FEL, 72" Mower, Radial tires, wheel spacers, dual rear SVCs, CtA grapple, single point for FEL, 60" broom with front hitch;2018 1025R 54"auto connect, HDAP tires, Quick Hitch, Ballast Box, Etc...;1967 1020 3cylinder gas, #47 FEL, 72" Landpride Grooming Mower, 6ft box blade, For Sale(no Hurry); life Member NRA since 1974

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2