Jackhammer attachment for 260B backhoe ?
Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By JimR
  • 10 Post By Kennyd
  • 3 Post By IndianaJim

Thread: Jackhammer attachment for 260B backhoe ?

1. Top | #1
    IMR

Last Online
    09-22-2019 @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks

Jackhammer attachment for 260B backhoe ?

Curious if there is any jack hammer attachments for the John Deere 260b back hoe ?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Thanks
    Never heard of such a beast and I doubt they exist.

Those things are typically run by hydraulics and none of the machines that the 260B would fit on produce enough hydro flow to run one. The smallest I've seen for those still need 8 to 10 GPM. I'm not sure how well the 260B boom would do with teh beating either.
    arlen and tj1 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    IMR

Last Online
    09-22-2019 @ 09:26 PM
    Thanks
    Yeah the Stanley hand ones say 6-8gpm and the 1025 is 6.8. Was looking for something small . I may make an attachment to put on a small hydraulic jack hammer like hand held one and see if it would work with the flow ! Or make a bracket to hold an electric one and run a cord to it haha

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,132 Times in 2,575 Posts
    The 1-series only has about 3.5 GPM of available flow, the rest is dedicated to the steering circuit.

Jackhammers beat machines to death, pin and bushing wear and cracked welds are the norm. That is not something you’d want to run on a consumer grade machine. If you have a project the needs one, go rent it and use your tractor to haul away the debris.
    jdforever, coaltrain, Jep and 7 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    The 1-series only has about 3.5 GPM of available flow, the rest is dedicated to the steering circuit.

Jackhammers beat machines to death, pin and bushing wear and cracked welds are the norm. That is not something you’d want to run on a consumer grade machine. If you have a project the needs one, go rent it and use your tractor to haul away the debris.
    Agree 100%.
    I used to do demolition years ago, and we looked at one for an excavator we had at the time. After doing some research, the extra time down with the repairs you mentioned werent going to be worth it for the very little we wanted it for. Turned out it was one of those things that we thought would be cool to have, but we managed just fine without it.
    Nothing in our area was big enough to need anything like that anyway.

For breaking up big slabs, which is what we were going to use it for, we had an old smaller wrecking ball. Wed just lift it up in the bucket and let it drop. Worked like a charm...
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements