1025r and Imatch -What implement brand?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Pastorjeremy
  • 1 Post By mopeman
  • 1 Post By mopeman

Thread: 1025r and Imatch -What implement brand?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-22-2019 @ 06:06 PM
    Thanks

1025r and Imatch -What implement brand?

Just joined this group. After months of watching videos and visiting dealerships, I bought a 2016 1025r from Good Works Tractors. It will be here Saturday. Question: I’m looking at one or two implements. Boxblade and tiller and possibly a rotary cutter. It comes with loader and 60 inch deck. I want the best quick hitch connection. What brand of hitch and what brand of implements? Thank you
    Gizmo2 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks
    Really any brand QH will work on the tractor and almost any implement will work with a QH. Just be sure the implement is QH comparable and even then it still could cause you problems. I can't speak for the any other brand as I own the JD QH and have not had any problems with newer attachments that I have bought. I did buy a really cheap Branson brand back blade that does not work with the QH, but I will break out the grinder and welder and fix that.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    1975 JD 400
    1978 JD 316
    2018 JD 1025R

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-19-2019 @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    Unless you buy something like the LandPride QH05, all the quick hitches "should" be made to a standard (ASAE Category 1 Standard S278.6 I believe). I also have an iMatch, but I've seen many have good luck with the Harbor Freight and Titan ones as well.

As for implements, the biggest issue you might run into is not having enough clearance for the top hook to enter. I try to research each implement to make sure it'll work, ask the dealer, take measurements, etc. I know some older implements don't fit, but if you're handy with a grinder and a welder anything can be done.
    2019 John Deere 2032R R3 Radials w/ 220R Loader
    60D AutoConnect mower
    Dual rear SCVs and power beyond
    Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
    iMatch
    John Deere Ballast Box
    Frontier AP10F 42" Pallet Forks
    Land Pride BB1260
    CountyLine 4' tiller
    Homemade 5' land plane
    Homemade three point weight bracket\receiver hitch
    Aftermarket LED rear and front lights

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks
    Iíve had my 1025 for over a years and had zero problems so far with the $99 harbor freight quick hitch. I just got a new 2025 and went ahead and got the John Deere one. I havenít used it yet. When I do Iíll report back. Hoping to throw it on this week and install Kens imatch hook if I can get some free time.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 09:12 AM
    Thanks
    Do look into the LandPride QH05. I purchased one to use with my 1025r, because they do not require the purchase of bushings to put on the implements. My tiller and land plane are also LP brand so they fit perfectly with that QH. The top hook on most quick hitches os adjustable but the one on the LP is fixed. If needed you could purchase an adapter for implements that are not LP brand.

Ď17 1025r w/FEL
    (2) 80 JD carts
    18 JD cart
    Land Pride 4í land plane
    Land Pride 1258 tiller
    Land Pride FDR 1660
    Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
    Victory EF155 flail mower

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I see Goodworks is selling different brands of Implements now as well. So he should have options to offer you. Just last week he had at least 1 IMatch Deere hitch for sale used, so check with him as well.

I have the Deere brand I Match hitch with Kenny's improved center hook. The IMatch works very well, it works GREAT with Kenny's hook as it makes the attachment and removal even easier. Also, always pay attention to the weight of the implement because the SCUT tractors have limits on the 3 point and front lifting which can make a huge difference. Especially when you get into implements like pallet forks and grapples, etc. Every extra pound of implement is one pound less of lifting capacity.

There are several threads on GTT talking about the IMatch style hitches and pro's and cons. Some have had good luck with Harbor Freight, some haven't been as happy as they had problems with some brands of implements fitting. Here is one of the threads. I would suggest you Take the time to read it.

Harbor Freight Quick Hitch - Speeco Quick Hitch - or John Deere iMatch ???

Imatch bushing Dimensions

Go to the advanced search section to find details about any specific brand or other threads on the various implements.

Advanced Search - GreenTractorTalk.com - John Deere Forum & Information Site

Recently, there were pictures of 2 different sets of pallet forks which one GTT member had gotten shipped to him from Titan where the pins didn't line up with the Deere front bucket mounts on the loader. I think he ended up getting his money refunded and he went elsewhere. That's the type of quality control issues you want to avoid. What a hassle when simple quality control and using the building jig would prevent such issues.

I have a bunch of implements (9 in total, I think) and decided to buy all of them from Deere / Frontier. I chose Deere / Frontier so I have one source for any future parts, service, warranty issues. There are many good sources of implements. Just be careful with some of the imported implements as they may use lighter quality steel, some the weld quality isn't good, cheaper fittings, poor quality control, etc. Plus make sure you can get parts down the road if you need them.

Our area Farm Store stopped handling most of their King Kutter and Land Pride implements and are now selling the private label implements, which I was unable to find anything about the brand name of the new implements to see who might be making them for the store. If they are being made by a well known brand, it shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully, you would be able to go to the company who was making them for the retailer, if they are still making the implements if you have a need for parts or anything else. Otherwise, good luck.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:24 PM
    Thanks
    Yes, I forgot to mention I did buy Kenny's Bolt On Hooks extended top hook for my JD QH because I was having trouble with the bolts contacting my field mower. I have yet to use it since it is winter, but taking measurements, it should work fine. Kenny does have a non-JD QH extended hook too.
    rtgt likes this.
    1975 JD 400
    1978 JD 316
    2018 JD 1025R

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mopeman For This Useful Post:

Kennyd†(01-12-2019)

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements