Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Weight Bracket On I-Match

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks

Weight Bracket On I-Match

Still thinking the whole weight thing. Wheel weights, ballast box, suitcase weights, etc., I probably missed some. Oh yea, filling the tires.
    Anyhow, I'm thinking it would be great to have added weight on front and rear all the time, whether tilling, box scraping, or using the loader. Taking advantage on an implement on the front and rear all the time is a no brainer. Having additional weight, beyond the implement, is the challenge. Wheel weights and suitcase weights are the two options I see that don't interfere with an implement and are not a standalone, like a ballast box, maybe there's more.
    Has anyone considered , or already done, adding a bar on their I-Match to hold suitcase weights? If so I'd like to see what you've done. . . . Or am I way off base here?

I see wheel weights front and rear and/or suitcase weights front and rear (on I-Match). Neither interfere with an implement. . . . Just a thought!
    mygoliath likes this.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,564 Times in 1,646 Posts
    I've taken my lifting weights, (used oh some ) on the front and rear quick hitch. I left about 3" on both sides of the rear I match and place the weights on the inside of the I match Even have 4 heavy rotors that I put on the bar plus about 100 # of weights. I use this setup with the blower on the front.
    I put the bar on the front of tractor and some weight when I have the tiller on . Couldn't find weights at a fair price so I noticed the lifting weights one day walking out basement door.
    Levi likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,161 Times in 2,315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
    Still thinking the whole weight thing. Wheel weights, ballast box, suitcase weights, etc., I probably missed some. Oh yea, filling the tires.
    Anyhow, I'm thinking it would be great to have added weight on front and rear all the time, whether tilling, box scraping, or using the loader. Taking advantage on an implement on the front and rear all the time is a no brainer. Having additional weight, beyond the implement, is the challenge. Wheel weights and suitcase weights are the two options I see that don't interfere with an implement and are not a standalone, like a ballast box, maybe there's more.
    Has anyone considered , or already done, adding a bar on their I-Match to hold suitcase weights? If so I'd like to see what you've done. . . . Or am I way off base here?

I see wheel weights front and rear and/or suitcase weights front and rear (on I-Match). Neither interfere with an implement. . . . Just a thought!
    Here's the solution:

https://heavyhitch.com/store/

I don't know about the 1026r but my 2520 has a weight bracket built right in on the front that holds 5 weights (42#) I think. I added an extended weight bracket that now holds 7. For the rear the heavy hitch (which is iMatch compatible) will hold 9 weights.
    Last edited by coaltrain; 02-26-2015 at 03:09 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Here's the solution:

https://heavyhitch.com/store/

A HeavyHitch isn't going to solve his quandry. He can't have that AND a tiller or box scraper on the iMatch at the same time.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    A HeavyHitch isn't going to solve his quandry. He can't have that AND a tiller or box scraper on the iMatch at the same time.
    Ahh - OK - I guess I misunderstood the need for weight along with the implement at the same end......
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-29-2016 @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    Heavy hitch is my preference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1424991864248.jpg  
    Levi likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Thanks
    I am happy with my HeavyHitch. They do have some implements that fit in the trailer receiver that also has the weight bar on it. So you could use both at the same time. Check out their website.
    Levi likes this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    Clarification . . . . My 1026R has a bracket on the front for suitcase weights. I have an I-Match hitch on the rear.

I'm wondering if anyone has welded a bar, etc., on their I-Match for the attachment and holding of suitcase weights. This would allow the suitcase weights to be on the tractor all the time, same as the I-Match, while still allowing easy attachment of a 647 tiller or box scraper, etc., with no interference. . . . Just an idea that got my attention.

Changing to the Heavy Hitch @ this point would cost too many additional . I'd rather spend the dollars on the weights.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I'm glad to hear that you are thinking about weights for your tractor being a new owner of an SCUT. This is very important and often overlooked. It doesn't take much of any implement to throw those little tractors way off balance and be dangerous.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    There isn't a lot of room to mount much on a quick hitch and still leave room for an implement. I'm not saying it can't be done but I sure wouldn't want to do it. Sounds like a modification that you will be banging your head on constantly. If you're wanting cheap I'd go with weight lifting weights and just put a bar on your quick hitch to hang them from. Or get a drawbar from TSC and see what you can hang or weld on that. It won't be permanent like you want but you already shelled out the money for an I-Match to make things easy on and off so utilize it. I just don't like the idea of welding on something as expensive as an I-Match only to find out later you don't like it.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast