What brand attachments are SCUT owners using?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: What brand attachments are SCUT owners using?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 01:45 PM
    Thanks

What brand attachments are SCUT owners using?

I've decided to purchase a 1025R (hopefully this Saturday if all goes well) with FEL and MMM.

I also want to pick up a 48" box blade. Is there an advantage to the JD/Frontier box blade or should I be looking at brands like County Line from Tractor Supply or Land Shark?

With $0 down and 0% interest, I wouldn't mind adding it to the total, but not if other brands are just as good and significantly cheaper.

Thanks!
    Dan
    Levi likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 08:23 AM
    Thanks
    I stuck with JD and Frontier and all bought from my JD dealer so that I only have one person to complain to (other than myself for doing something dumb but that rarely occurs) .

The 0% more than offset the lower costs (and often lower quality) of some of the other manufacturers.
    Last edited by Auguste; 01-17-2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Kennyd, arlen, Levi and 1 others like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 01:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste View Post
    I stuck with JD and Frontier and all bought from my JD dealer so that I only have one person to complain to (other than myself for doing something dumb but that rarely occurs) .

The 0% more than offset the lower costs (and often lower quality) of some of the other manufacturers.
    Thanks!

I am generally good for something dumb several times a year ha ha.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Thanks
    I like the green to match so when I purchased my 2025 I got what I could with the 0 down. I know once you finance through Jd you have to get insurance for the life of the loan. Anything you buy within that purchase gets put on the insurance so thatís a plus
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-12-2019 @ 08:23 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blsjds View Post
    Thanks!

I am generally good for something dumb several times a year ha ha.
    Yeah, my pet peeve is getting the runaround for third party stuff that was bought too far from home.

Good luck with your choices !
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-14-2019 @ 03:37 PM
    Thanks
    I do not have any frontier brand stuff. My Brush Hog, 5' grader blade, and Cultivator are County Line. My ballast box and pallet forks are Titan. Have not had any issues.
    Levi, SulleyBear and PJR832 like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:11 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I have all John Deere and Frontier attachments and implements EXCEPT the frame for my Carry all, which was made by "Land Pride" (I think....). It was their gold / brownish color and the very first thing my wife said was "You are painting that JD Green, I hope?" .....Yes dear.....

I like having one place for all the parts and service issues I can't handle myself. Everything fits and works perfectly and everything matches......

Yes, you can get some implements for less at a Big Box Farm Store or some other sources including other dealers and Yes, they can be less money.

Just so you know, Land Pride is a Kubota company which simply makes them even more stable and provides a broader market. Land Pride is a good company out of Kansas who makes implements for a range of dealers and they are also sold by many of the box stores. If you have a Land Pride Implement you could contact the headquarters for parts, etc.

My main advice for you is to NOT buy implements which are too large for your new machine. Size the competitive implements to match what Deere Frontier suggests for your new tractor. For example, if Deere says the 1 series should use a 48" wide rear brush style 3 point mower, then that's the size to buy.

Make sure you buy the IMatch or "Quick Hitch" for the 3 point and the bushings. They make attaching and dropping implements a piece of cake.......and I don't know anyone who has used them who wouldn't recommend them.

If you are going to be financing your purchase, Deere makes it super easy and everything is on one loan. If you are going to be paying cash, then you don't have to bother with trying to package things.

Also, keep in mind how you will get implements from sources other than Deere home to your house. Deere will deliver everything. Its up to you to get the implements home from many of the alternatives......if you don't have a truck and trailer, that can be a problem or negate the lower cost of those who don't or can't deliver.

One last suggestion, the handiest implement I own are the pallet forks. You use them in ways you can't imagine and they are super handy for picking up and moving other implements. I strongly suggest you own a set of forks....

Just remember, often you get what you pay for. Read the threads and see the experiences of others. There are many decent implement companies, a few really good implement companies and a couple who's entire marketing strategy is to undercut and undersell everyone else. If you are going to be the cheapest product out there, you have to make compromises. Just make sure these compromises and their operational methods, tactics and business standards and ethics aren't the opposite of what you feel and find important.

I am not seeking to start an argument or disparage anyone else's choice of implements. I will just say that when I make purchases, price is not always the driving concern and quality and integrity mean much more to me. Everyone deserves to be paid for their hard work, ingenuity and creativity. When one company has a pattern of using the images, engineering, and work product of others without permission nor fairly compensating those who actually own and developed the ideas, concepts, markets, etc. that's not a company I will do business with. Enough said.
    arlen, Levi, mark02tj and 4 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

EVT†(01-25-2019)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Two things to remember,
    1.Parts,if you can't get them 2,5,10 years down the road the money you saved up front is useless if you have to get new because part are no longer available.
    2.You have a Cat 1 Limited 3pt hitch.Not all cat 1 will fit your tractor,normal cat 1 is 16" from floor to pins cat 1 limited is 12". Lift height on the 3pt arms is going to be 22-24" so 6-8" off the ground from 16 so that's not much especially on uneven ground.
    Levi, SulleyBear and PJR832 like this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 05:22 PM
    Thanks
    John Deere and Woods. My JD dealer sells and services both.
    PJR832 likes this.
    JD 3032E...D160 Loader...I Match...Woods RD72 Finish Mower (JD green).

JD 1025R....60D mowing deck...I match...54" snow blower...ballast box...17P poly cart.

Husqvarna GTH220...50" mowing deck.

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Thanks
    As far as the insurance for your loan, dont let your salesmn talk you in to their insurance. You dont need it. If you have homeowners insurance you are already covered of course. Just add JD as an "additional insured". Im sure they get some kind of a kickback by convincing you to pay for the JD insurance but we arent thqt naive!

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast