Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: New joystick handle for the loader valve

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:53 AM
    Thanks

New joystick handle for the loader valve

I am a big fan of Artillian and their product they make…..but when I bought the 3rd function diverter valve kit I really didn’t care for the push button they supplied with the kit which is to be zip tied to the loader joystick. It works fine, I just could not seem to get it into a “sweet spot” that was comfortable for me (especially with gloves on) and another challenge is all the bends in the 2032r control lever . So I went searching for a better solution. I have been keeping an eye on Ken’s Bolt on Hooks “In the works page” but nothing has been released yet to my knowledge. I found a company called Scorpion Technologies S Series, X Series, and L Series controls as well as Pendant style grips . They specialize in control grips to add to many types of equipment. I ended up calling them because you can not just order from their website. Not only did they have what I was looking for but you could also add custom buttons to the handle. This was great because I also have a rocker switch mounted on the fender which controls an actuator up/down on my front mounted snow blower for the chute (if you haven’t done this mod, you should). Scorpion was able to add that type of rocker switch into the handle. Now there would be no reason for me to remove my hand from the scv handle. Everything would be in one place. The other positive thing was their trigger and rocker switch are rated at 10A 12v dc each. So no relays to mess with. The Grip I went with was the Sure Grip S Series. Over the weekend I installed the grip and tested. Works awesome! Even with gloves on it is very simple to control the trigger (controls the diverter valve) or the rocker switch. I will end up adding a kill switch which will disable all the power to the joystick because I believe when using just the bucket and no need for the diverter valve I might accidentally hit the trigger when doing loader work. My only issue with this setup is the joystick placement (the angle of your hand while controlling the joystick). I need to bend the ˝ steel rod about 20 degrees forward. Right now the joystick is angled slightly back. I think if I was able to bend it forward the joystick would be in the perfect spot. Any thoughts on the best way to do this?
    Old set up
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old set up.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	4.76 MB 
ID:	668206
    New Setup

Name:	Joystick.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	3.21 MB 
ID:	668218

Name:	joystick2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	3.70 MB 
ID:	668220
    Mike
    2016 2032r: FEL, MMM, 54" Blade, 47" Snow Blower, Artillian forks 42", WoodMaxx WM-8H, ROPS Backup/Forward Sensor Kit

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mussermike For This Useful Post:

DanW (03-23-2019), JEKO56 (01-21-2019), PaDave (03-27-2019), Ransx77 (03-23-2019), stevenmc001 (03-20-2019)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,159 Times in 2,313 Posts
    Nice solution! I like the clean look and functionality. I’m bookmarking this for if I ever get a diverted valve.
    PJR832 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Thanks
    Great find. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PJR832 likes this.
    -Alex-

2018 2025R
    60" MMM
    120R Loader
    AV10F Frontier snow plow
    AP10F 42" Frontier pallet forks
    Blue Diamond Toothbar
    Kens Bolt on Hooks
    5 Ft KK Box Blade
    Carry All
    Single Row Cultivator
    KK Middle Buster

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    Scorpion make nice handles for sure, I think this is the brand FitRite Hydraulics sells.

What was the final cost with the adapter? That’s the main reason we haven’t offered them....secondary reasons are the added height and angle on some machines as you noted.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:42 AM
    Thanks
    I like that. I may have to look into that for my 2025
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Scorpion make nice handles for sure, I think this is the brand FitRite Hydraulics sells.

What was the final cost with the adapter? That’s the main reason we haven’t offered them....secondary reasons are the added height and angle on some machines as you noted.
    For the stock configuration which is a trigger and 2 button switch it was around 165.00. My configuration was 185.00. I did add more then just the rocker switch. 4 feet of wire instead of 2' and an extra blank switch plate and the reducer for the shaft of 1/2" (which you would need). As far as the height, i am only 2 " higher then stock height at the very top of handel. I don't find myself grabbing the top part. Using the handle as intended i would say i am about 1" higher then stock. That's because the handle will slide down the shaft 4" to the first bend. Overall height of the entire handel is 6". My only issue is the angle. It works as is and i like it better then my other configuration but if i bent the bar it will be one awesome setup. Just order an extra stock bar so i can experiment with it.

2032r: FEL, MMM, Artillian forks, piranha tooth bar, ROPS Sensor System, and more!
    Mike
    2016 2032r: FEL, MMM, 54" Blade, 47" Snow Blower, Artillian forks 42", WoodMaxx WM-8H, ROPS Backup/Forward Sensor Kit

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mussermike For This Useful Post:

Gebada22 (01-23-2019), Kennyd (01-21-2019)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    Thanks, I knew they were north of $150. I believe most people would not pony up for that option at that price-on top of the diverter price.
    mark02tj, coaltrain and Catfishin like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Just thought i would give an update. I spent 2 hours plowing with the new joystick and got to use the diverter valve a lot with the 54 blade. With the install like it was in my first post i would have to say it worked great (joystick at the angle it was placed). Way better then the original push button that it replaced. I would definitely do this mod even with the angle that the joystick sits at. When i was plowing i had a pair of ski gloves on and had no issue pulling the trigger to activate the diverter valve unlike before were i struggled to find and push the button and really wasn't sure if i had the button pushed. Over the weekend i finally got the courage up to take apart the control valve arm and bend it. I used a hydraulic press to bend it, no heat just bent it on the press cold. That was a little tricky because of all the angles that are on that control arm. Everything went smooth and had no issues other than i would bend it a little, take it to the tractor and check angle. I repeated this about 4 times until i felt i had the perfect angle. I also added a kill switch that will cut the power to the joystick if i do not need the diverter to be controlled. I have not been able to use the joystick yet with the new angle but i can already tell it is so much more comfortable for my hand in that position.
    Before i bent the arm.

Name:	old joystick1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	670494
    Bent arm with the new angle for the joystick handle

Name:	New angle.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	670498
    Mike

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mussermike For This Useful Post:

martincom (03-20-2019), Ransx77 (02-06-2019)

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thank you for posting! I was searching this morning for an earlier thread where someone had to replace the button box from the Artillian diverter when yours came up. I have two 1025Rs, one with the Artillian diverter kit and one without. Deere is suppose to be releasing a third function SCV kit, but what from what I gather, it is not compatible with the other options I have...not to mention it is very pricey.

Like yourself, I've never cared to much for the button box and it was probably the significant motivating factor with my considering the Deere kit. This Scorpion switch handle addresses that nicely. I really don't need a second diverter valve, but I did want the ability to mount the FEL that has the diverter on either 1025R and be able to operate the diverter. So I ordered two of the same S-series grips this morning. I have my snowblower linear actuator switch mounted in the overhead console of the cab, so no need for that. I did ordered them with a second momentary pushbutton for potential future applications or if add a horn, which isn't likely. The 1025R joystick shaft has 10mm x 1.5mm threaded shank, so I ordered the corresponding adapter.

They're in Canada, which complicates ($$$) shipping. UPS was the most cost effective option at 30.00. The two handles were 285.07. So not cheap, but nothing is with green tractors.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    Would you mind posting a simple diagram of how you wired the kill switch? I like this overall concept of yours a lot.
    Thanks!
    Randy
    New: 2017 JD 2032R. R3 turf, 220R FEL with Single Point, 7-iron 60D MMM, Artillian Diverter; 2019 Z740r
    Previous: 2012 JD 1026R, R3 turf, H-120 FEL, 7-iron 60D MMM
    Attached: EA Wicked 55 Grapple, iMatch, Heavyhitch w/8x42lb, JD BB5060L, JD LR5060L, JLF-2242 forks, Shaver 101 PHD, Countyline 48" rotary cutter
    Tow Behind: Trac-Vac 880, JD10 Cart, Countyline 25 ton splitter
    Stihl: MS180CB-E; MS391; HT101; FS110; HS81T; BR600 Magnum
    Critters: Bees, Chickens, Maremmas

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast