Things happen when plowing and blowing and now pushing snow with these SCUTs and the x7xx series machines. I use the plow and blower and have used them thousands of times in varying conditions and situations. Since others rely on me to be able to get to work and school and out to the public roads, I keep the items on hand which I have found tend to have issues from time to time. Here is the list I keep for a quick reference for anyone wondering if they should have a spare item or two on hand.
These are for the 1025r tractor, 54" front Quick Hitch Plow, 47" Two Stage Snow Thrower. If you have a different machine or implement, verify the part numbers for your application but the parts which wear and which either break or get lost are consistent across the different models, so you can use the description as a guide and just look up and verify your correct part numbers for your machine or implement.
These are both the parts which wear out over time with use and require replacement or are known to break, wear out or get lost.
Wear out parts are in blue.
Break or lost parts are in red and therefore more critical to have on hand in my opinion.
All Prices shown are EACH from GFP at their listed price, Additional Discounts may apply. Multiply by quantity desired for your total cost
(2) $18.93 Hitch mounting pins M97609, the hitch uses 4, I always keep 2 as if you break one you likely bent or damaged the other
(2) $2.71 Compression Spring M42578, uses 4, I keep 2, these fail or fly off when you break a hitch pin.
(2) $0.72 Spring Pins 34H385, uses 4, I keep 2 as the old pins aren't worth messing with when replacing hitch pins
(4) $1.27 O'Ring T77814, uses 4, I keep 4 as they are cheap and if one O Ring on the hoses is leaking replace all four or you will later anyways.
(1) $17.90 Elbow Fitting 38H1545, uses 4 on the hydraulic lines, I keep one just in case it is damaged
(1) $4.71 Steel Ring M84180, uses 2, These are the spring steel rings which hold the hitch rod through the frame. Lose it and no hitch install.
(1) $3.34 Adapter Fitting JD7838 , uses 1, For hydraulic angling cylinder
(1) $9.98 Angle Fitting X5CTX-S (replaces M42829) For Hydraulic cylinder on hitch, this is the one broken by ice at times.
(1) $9.93 Angle Fitting M43551, For Hydraulic cylinder on hitch, this is the one broken by ice at times.
(1) $13.33 Hydraulic Angle Cylinder Mounting Pin, M135963, Can shear off if end of plow impacts something.
(4) $9.94 Hydraulic Quick Connect Fittings, AM37983, Quick connect fittings, Male end
47" Two Stage Snow Thrower Parts I keep in my spare parts
(4) $0.48 Shear Bolts 19H1914, 1/4" x 1" Bolt- uses 2, I keep 4, when the conditions are such you break shear bolts, you usually break a few
(1) $72.57 Blade M135649, Uses 1, Keep one. Wear bar on the bottom of the blower. They wear slowly, excess down pressure, it wears quickly.
(8) $0.63 Carriage Bolts 03M7184 M8 x 20, Holds the wear bar on the plow, the old bolts will be toast from wear.
(8) $0.60 Lock nuts N10213, Holds the wear bar on the plow.
(2) $11.94 Cables, Chute control M96976, Uses two and if you break one, replace both at once or you will get to do it again, trust me.........
(1) $8.07 Knob M155801, uses 1, keep 1. It's the manual chute deflection knob for securing the chute in place. They can rattle loose and be lost.
(1) $13.49 Support M146800, uses 1, keep 1. Support holds the PTO shaft when unhooked. Its easier to attach blower with the shaft out of the way
54" Quick Hitch Mounted Plow Spare parts I keep in my spare parts
(1) $69.02 Rubber Squeegee M42868, 1 used, Keep a spare on hand. If you tear or damage it, you will need to replace to keep plowing.
(1) $84.08 Band / Strap M75674 Holds the Squeegee on the moldboard. If you use this as the scraper edge, you will need to replace it.
(9) $0.60 Bolts 03M7185 Uses 8 or 9, I can't recall, it's better to have an extra than one short, count on your plow for exact number
(9) $0.71 Nuts E63525 Lock nuts for holding the strap and or squeegee and strap on the moldboard
(2) $2.66 Shoe Pins M40569 uses 2, I keep 2 as these get lost if you lose the spring pin and it's unlikely you have something at home which fits.
(2) $0.81 Spring Clips M40461, uses two, I keep two as these hold the pins which hold the shoes.
(2) $16.27 Plow Shoes M147167 uses 2, I keep 2 as you can't plow without them if you are NOT using the squeegee, with the squeegee, optional
(2) $66.33 Plow Shoes AM119321 Heavy Duty Shoes, Wear much longer than "regular duty shoes" Optional if squeegee used.
Please Note, Always verify the part numbers for accuracy for your particular machine or implement. Part Numbers change and parts are replaced or superseded with other parts so always verify the numbers to fit your machine when ordering what you need. These numbers are as of January 22,2019 and for the machine and implement I have identified above.
Additionally, if you have the 54" snow blower, it uses a different chute rotation system and does not utilize the cables as shown in this list. The part numbers shown in this are for the 47" two stage snow thrower.