Thread: 3 point snow blower

1. Top | #1
    JKR
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Thanks

3 point snow blower

I think I'm going to get a JD 64" 3 point snow blower with hydrlic's,

I have a 6" power angle plow on the front for my tractor. The problem is it digs in the gravel driveway.
    Only when the snow is very hard pack or ice will the plow slide over the ground and plow the snow.

I been useing a 7" back blade and it works goods. The problem I have it's not hydrlic angle. I don't like getting on and off the tractor. So I think the blower will work,

I have a 30" walk behind snow blower that I use in tight places. It's just to small and slow for my large driveway.

So how do you like your 3 point snow blower
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    I have a 74” behind mine and love it when the ground is frozen”gravel driveway”. I have the shoes dropped all the way and it leaves about 1.5” on snow under the blower. It is a little more work when the ground is soft because the shoes will dig in and it will throw gravel far so make sure not to point the shoot at anything you don’t want damaged. I just feather the 3pt as needed when the ground is soft. I run edge tamers on the bucket and run those after I’m done with the blower to scrape it a little closer and it works well for my situation. I opted for the hydraulic rotation and manual deflector and am happier with this setup on my 3r vs the 2032r and 60” plow i was running prior. I think if I had a friend weld on wider shoes it would help with the soft gravel.

As for size I have not had any snow fall bog down the engine yet. Largest fall i’ve ran in is prob 14” of wet snow and it wasn’t a problem at any speed in A range.
    -3039r Large R4s, H165 61" HD Bucket, Mid PTO, 3rd, 4th, 5th SCV's, 2" Bora Spacers, Fwd lights, Blinders, Woods GSS60, Artillian 42 & 24 Forks, Wicked 54 Grapple, Woods SB74C
    -X380 48" Deck
    -2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700, 26" OG Bighorns, Glideplate, Ricochet Skids, Terra 3500

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Junior30 For This Useful Post:

JKR (01-27-2019)

5. Top | #3
    JKR
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Thanks
    Thank you. I was thinking of welding on a wider shoe plate. I did that on my walk be hind snow blower it did work
    better on soft snow and no frozen ground.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements