Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bobbybats

Thread: Cutting edge question 47 blower 1026r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-04-2019 @ 08:06 AM
    Thanks

Cutting edge question 47 blower 1026r

Does the replacement cutting edge supposed to have a crown to it? Obviously the edge itself is a stamped “U” shape. I mean if you lay it flat on the ground the cutting edge will rock side to side lengthwise. Think of it as my cutting edge looking like a smile. When bolted to the blower the blower will now rock side to side. I had to use 3 washers to levell the cutting edge with equal gap on both sides about 3/8”. Then I adjusted the skidshoes 1 washer above the ground 1/8”. This way the edge will wear in flat before the skids start to contact the driveway.

I also built up my skids with weldding rod in the low spots and used some hard face rods. Will see if it makes any difference. $56 per shoe seems a bit outrageous.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    tj1
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybats View Post
    Does the replacement cutting edge supposed to have a crown to it? Obviously the edge itself is a stamped “U” shape. I mean if you lay it flat on the ground the cutting edge will rock side to side lengthwise. Think of it as my cutting edge looking like a smile. When bolted to the blower the blower will now rock side to side. I had to use 3 washers to levell the cutting edge with equal gap on both sides about 3/8”. Then I adjusted the skidshoes 1 washer above the ground 1/8”. This way the edge will wear in flat before the skids start to contact the driveway.

I also built up my skids with weldding rod in the low spots and used some hard face rods. Will see if it makes any difference. $56 per shoe seems a bit outrageous.
    Send it back, it is not supposed to be bent.. or have a crown!
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Bummer I was afraid of that.

Ill give the vendor a call tomorrow.

Its an aftermarket cutting edge made from AR400 steel. The stuff is a beoch to bend. Looks like this one got out of spec. I don’t think USPS bent it in transit. Its too “perfect” a bend for government work lol.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    tj1
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Bummer I was afraid of that.

Ill give the vendor a call tomorrow.

Its an aftermarket cutting edge made from AR400 steel. The stuff is a beoch to bend. Looks like this one got out of spec. I don’t think USPS bent it in transit. Its too “perfect” a bend for government work lol.
    Go to Green Farm Parts and order it,, you will also receive a discount by mentioning GTT... They are fast with shipping too. I order something and here in central Ma I get it in a couple days. No way did UPS bend that metal like you describe unless the man of steel works for them now! Good luck.

Blade # M135649 $72.57
    Bolts 13 of them #03M718 $8.19
    Nuts 13 of them # E63525 $8.19
    I wouldn't even shop around and it will last years with the reversal. I have my original (2014) and I will get another two years out of it and I reversed it last year. I bought a spare last year from GFP and it's waiting to go,, asphalt drive set to 0 depth with the shoes. All I do is file down the sharp edges on top of the blade before winter so I don't cut my hands or ruin my gloves cleaning the blower out before it goes to bed!
    Last edited by tj1; 01-29-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    Jeff

X 738 4X4/ 54" mower deck, 47" two stage snow thrower/ linear actuator spout control, Curtis hard side cab/heater, JD roof top LED work lights, Curtis fuse block, rear roof light connected to dash light switch and reverse lights, additional 20amp alternator, Curtis fast Cast 2000 sander custom fitted to tractor/ vibrator for use with dry sand, Kubota L39 TLB, JD 450 E dozer, Husky 18 horse/ 48" mower deck/Berco 42" two stage snow thrower/Berco soft side cab, Kubota RTV500-H.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I called the vender and they said it has a little spring to it but should streighten out when bolted on to the blower. They said double check and if it’s bent they’ll make it right. Fair enough I figured.

I unbolted the edge, put a straight edge on the blower housing and saw it was bent a little bit down in the middle. Short block of 2 x 4 on the high spot, used the tractor hydraulics to push the blower all the way down and it was close enough. I also fliped the cutting edge as one side was tweaked a little bit higher than the other. We’re splitting hairs here maybe a 16th off. I bolted it all together and it was still a good quarter inch off???

So I drank another beer scratched my head and it dawned on me. Maybe my floors off? Yup about 1/4”. Damit!

When I put an actual straight edge across the cutting edge with blowe raised up it’s damn near perfect. Long story short check your blower housing and floor for straightness.

PS the vendor was Heavy Hitch. I think it was around $100 shipped and that included the hardware and they use stainless hardware. For a few bucks more than the JD I got a thicker cutting edge out of a very hard steel. If the edge last longer I guess I’ve got my moneys worth out of it.

I have use green farm parts on other stuff. Good guys to work with!

Time will tell if this AR400 edge lasts any longer than the OEM Deere one it should. ar400 is tough stuff. I also laid down some hard face on the skid shoes. Don’t mind the rust. I had to use really high amperage to get that hard face to lay nice. That burned off all the powder coat. I’ll hit it with some paint before I put it away for the season. I left a tiny gap so everything will wear in to the same height.

Now I just need a decent snowstorm! I didn’t even bother with the dusting we got the other days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A7BA8C08-A1D1-499A-A7A2-9C776180515A.jpeg  
    tj1 likes this.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

8. Top | #6
    tj1
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I called the vender and they said it has a little spring to it but should streighten out when bolted on to the blower. They said double check and if it’s bent they’ll make it right. Fair enough I figured.

I unbolted the edge, put a straight edge on the blower housing and saw it was bent a little bit down in the middle. Short block of 2 x 4 on the high spot, used the tractor hydraulics to push the blower all the way down and it was close enough. I also fliped the cutting edge as one side was tweaked a little bit higher than the other. We’re splitting hairs here maybe a 16th off. I bolted it all together and it was still a good quarter inch off???

So I drank another beer scratched my head and it dawned on me. Maybe my floors off? Yup about 1/4”. Damit!

When I put an actual straight edge across the cutting edge with blowe raised up it’s damn near perfect. Long story short check your blower housing and floor for straightness.

PS the vendor was Heavy Hitch. I think it was around $100 shipped and that included the hardware and they use stainless hardware. For a few bucks more than the JD I got a thicker cutting edge out of a very hard steel. If the edge last longer I guess I’ve got my moneys worth out of it.

I have use green farm parts on other stuff. Good guys to work with!

Time will tell if this AR400 edge lasts any longer than the OEM Deere one it should. ar400 is tough stuff. I also laid down some hard face on the skid shoes. Don’t mind the rust. I had to use really high amperage to get that hard face to lay nice. That burned off all the powder coat. I’ll hit it with some paint before I put it away for the season. I left a tiny gap so everything will wear in to the same height.

Now I just need a decent snowstorm! I didn’t even bother with the dusting we got the other days.
    I was under the impression the crown was if you stood the edge up and not lay it flat... Thinking that wood with a crown is that way vs a warp, so I figured it was what you meant... oh well as long as you got it all figured out everything should be good. Good luck and you can have all the snow you want !!! I still have no idea why I live here in the northeast!
    Jeff

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements