Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 1025r 260 vs 1025r 260b

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks

1025r 260 vs 1025r 260b

Have been updating my 260 with a new Xpanded thumb and have been doing a lot of reviews on the new backhoe setup vs the old setup. Also viewed many videos of the competing brands and somewhat trying to understand the changes. I know corporate likes changes and new equipment as nothing can remain static for many years. However in a lot of videos I noted that the operators use the hole, especially with the thumb from the operator's seat which I especially like. I've noticed that some folks have an extra helper at time step up on the tractor to move it while they run the hoe. With the new design it appears the seat blocks the operator from reaching the control from the front seat and would also prevent someone from entering the drivers area. I wonder if Deere did this as a safety change or you have be at one or the other places. I do like some of the added features of the new hoe, the step and pins. They also dropped down that 1/8" metal for the thumb. I've never seen complaints about the other design or maybe I missed them and wonder why they made this seat change. Am looking forward to using the hoe and this forum has been very informative.
    kylew likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machineryman View Post
    Have been updating my 260 with a new Xpanded thumb and have been doing a lot of reviews on the new backhoe setup vs the old setup. Also viewed many videos of the competing brands and somewhat trying to understand the changes. I know corporate likes changes and new equipment as nothing can remain static for many years. However in a lot of videos I noted that the operators use the hole, especially with the thumb from the operator's seat which I especially like. I've noticed that some folks have an extra helper at time step up on the tractor to move it while they run the hoe. With the new design it appears the seat blocks the operator from reaching the control from the front seat and would also prevent someone from entering the drivers area. I wonder if Deere did this as a safety change or you have be at one or the other places. I do like some of the added features of the new hoe, the step and pins. They also dropped down that 1/8" metal for the thumb. I've never seen complaints about the other design or maybe I missed them and wonder why they made this seat change. Am looking forward to using the hoe and this forum has been very informative.
    Nothing wrong with the hoe itself (260). I don't mind the manual pins, and could get step from ken if needed. The seat mechanism is not the best, but are OK. I can move the machine while on the hoe. I do not mind it. Seems like changes were for the sake of changes. I do not like the locks on the stabilizers. More to go wrong, fix.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    here's an easy fix to the steps...these are Deere step...I used muffler clamps and made support bracket...welded step to bracket...works like a charm....I think the new backhoe was a marketing item...some say there is less room at the controls....I can't see fighting with all the seats...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3497.JPG  

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks
    There were a number of updates to the backhoe itself.
    Most notably the smoother operation due to the cushioned cylinders.
    Everything else was just icing on the cake.
    Since the stabilizers tend to leak down, and all manner of items are used to hold them up, the latches are a nice addition for those of us that own them.
    The seat is a non-issue. Id bet I could be on my 260B and working faster than you could get a seat turned around, not that it matters, because its not like you are going to save a ton of work either way though. It literally is as simple as flipping the tractor seat up and the backhoe seat down. Having seen videos of people struggling with the rotating seat, and the parts wear and replacement of some of them too, I MUCH prefer the new way, but then I dont have a 1025, I have a 2025, but the seat relationship should be the same.
    I can move my tractor just fine from the hoe. The only thing you need to reach from the seat is the loader joystick.
    The backhoe wasnt change for the sake of change...that was the old air cleaner...that reverted back to the older air cleaner.
    Jep likes this.
    Jim B.

318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Good deal....I would probably do the new unit if I were buying new. My point on sales is design and marketing. For example I bought a 757 zero turn new. This was when Deere got into the commercial mowing market. My dealer even admitted that the original was bullet proof if maintained...however for sales and marketing they had to go with modified ones with bells and whistles and a lot of controls to make the consumer feel they were getting their money worth....I've always thought simpler is better...few controls better but to each his own....I like the features of the new hoe and will keep in touch as to feedback....best Chuck
    Jep likes this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    I would really see a huge market for the 260B if one of the 3rd party supplies made a 3 point adapter to fit all the older compacts, etc...from the weight of it...3 point on many of the older tractors would handle...

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Thanks
    For the year I had the 1025R and 260 hoe The One thing I strongly disliked was the Swivel seat Other than that the Hoe Performed everything I asked of It. But I am 10 times More Happy with the 260B On the 2025R I really Prefer the flip Up seat design. Which I think Deere should have always Had The swivel seats are fine for a construction grade tractor where You Have the room to Maneuver Inside the Operators station But for a AG style Tractor the swivel seat to me is a Bad design to control a Backhoe Because You Have to Get off the Tractor Maneuver the seat around. With the flip up seats it's a Bit faster On the change over flip drivers seat Up flip Backhoe seat down and Vice versa a design Deere Had used On Compacts since they started Having them Produced in the Late 1970's. With the Sub Compacts Deere was Just trying to Match Kubota with a 1 seat design The 2 seat design seems to be a More efficient use of time when Doing change over from tractor to Backhoe Operations
    Jep likes this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    11-10-2019 @ 11:12 AM
    Thanks
    I like the ability to be able to run backhoe with the seat in tractor position on my 260 single seat. I have been in situations where I had to back in between buildings to dig trench and no room either side to pile dirt. IE.. back in reach around to controls, scoop with backhoe, pull back out and dump. There are times when using ripper tooth to loosen ground I can run backhoe from tractor seat position and keep pulling ahead as I go.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Maybe Deere should have offered both models?

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Went to my Deere dealer and inspected two new backhoes and priced...about $22,000 for the 1025r and about $26,000 for the 2025r...Deere tiered up the prices with the slight model changes...but that's okay just marketing and business....I still think the older 1025r's are a real value...the new ones have less leg space on the 260b backhoe and one can't even access controls from the drivers seat....spinning the seat around is a snap...but I suppose it's a matter of preference....I've always tried to access features of both new and old tractors....don't think Deere has ever exceeded the value of the 4020...maybe a bunch new models with bells and whistles...but this dude was a flagship...think the 1025R is like that....suppose it's a little like movies and added versions....but Deere still has a good value and seems to fulfilling the vast tastes and markets....

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast