Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Mini baler for 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 07:34 AM
    Thanks

Mini baler for 1025R

I've been looking for a mini baler to work with my 1025R. I know some of those Italian-built ones will work, but they are rather expensive. I see Yanmar makes the YMRB32 that requires an 18HP PTO (which the 1025R does, barely) and weighs 734 pounds. So I'm assuming if I don't try to overwork the machine with too heavy windrows, I figure PTO power will suffice. But since it weighs 53 pounds over the stated lift capacity (According to JD specs) is it a deal-breaker or is there enough leeway with specs that the weight won't be a major issue? We're very flat ground and distance to the field isn't that far.

I'm assuming lift height isn't an issue with a 1025R? I know there are times I've been a little frustrated with the Limited Cat 1.

Thanks in advance for opinions!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:15 AM
    Thanks
    YANMAR Round Baler YMRB32 - YouTube

That bailer is on wheels so its weight should not be an issue for you

Good luck finding what you want.
    Robnik, Rogero246 and SRG like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

4. Top | #3
    SRG
    Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 10:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blkat View Post
    I've been looking for a mini baler to work with my 1025R. I know some of those Italian-built ones will work, but they are rather expensive. I see Yanmar makes the YMRB32 that requires an 18HP PTO (which the 1025R does, barely) and weighs 734 pounds. So I'm assuming if I don't try to overwork the machine with too heavy windrows, I figure PTO power will suffice. But since it weighs 53 pounds over the stated lift capacity (According to JD specs) is it a deal-breaker or is there enough leeway with specs that the weight won't be a major issue? We're very flat ground and distance to the field isn't that far.

I'm assuming lift height isn't an issue with a 1025R? I know there are times I've been a little frustrated with the Limited Cat 1.

Thanks in advance for opinions!
    I don't think you need to lift it? Looks like its a pull type baler just like the big boys. Edit; It is 3pt mounted.
    Hay Tools 3 - Yanmar YMRB32 Compact Round Hay Baler for Hay Harvest - Yanmar Tractor - YouTube

Pretty neat little deal. One of the comments says it is right about $11,000 MSRP tho
    Last edited by SRG; 01-31-2019 at 05:12 PM.
    Robnik likes this.

1997 JD 870 (28hp Yanmar), FWA, R1's, 300x loader, 61" bucket, 42" Titan forks, Pat's Easy Change.
    [72" KK box blade, 72" KK landscape rake, 72" Titan pine straw rake, 72" Express Steel snow pusher{XP24}, 60" KK tiller, 60" rotary cutter, middle buster, boom pole]
    2004 JD 797 (29hp Kawasaki) Z-Trak, 72" 7-Iron deck, Mulch blades, Carlisle AT101's.
    Stihl: MS250C/18", FS70R, HS45/18".

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,138 Times in 2,297 Posts
    With a decent size tractor you could probably pick up a decent used baler for a couple thousand bucks.

$11k vs. $2k - that's $9k to put toward a larger tractor that would make running a baler a breeze.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

7. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

kjmk (02-04-2019)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:53 AM
    Thanks
    Can't fault you for wanting to use your tractor to do your own work, I mean that's why we buy them, right? Given the size of bale these little balers put out, I would try to find someone with a small square baler to custom bale my hay. They stack and handle easier than rounds.

Best of luck with your purchase!
    Robnik and PJR832 like this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:47 PM
    Thanks
    I looked into the horsepower requirements of vintage square ballers and couldn’t find a model that the 1025r could comfortably power. But there are so many vintage tractors out there for cheap that I personally wouldn’t attempt to use the 1025 anyways. But it had been a long time since I bailed any hay and I’m unlikely to do so any time soon. I was really just curious, so I could have overlooked a model. I know that Messicks showed a BX pulling a square bailer, but I couldn’t figure out which model.

As to your question, It doesn’t look like the 3pt takes all of the weight so you should be fine. Remember that any quick hitch will move the weight backwards and adds weight of its own, but since it has its own wheels, that shouldn’t be an issue either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Robnik likes this.
    Jonathan

2016 1025R FITLB : OTC (winter only) : AF10F front blade : Titan 42" forks : 60" First Choice RFM : KK 48" Tiller : EA 60" Pine Straw Rake : 60" Landscape Rake : Pat's Hooks : HH w/ 12 42# weights : KK Ripper/Potato Plow : Loaded Rears with 50# weights : Ken's Hooks, springs and straps : HH Tooth Bar : Edge Tamers : BXPanded 6" bucket w/coupler
    2014 X320 : Johnny Plow/Johnny Bucket : Bagger

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:36 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,298 Posts
    If I were to go small this is as small as I would go.
    https://www.smallfarminnovations.com...Roll-Baler/910
    But it's not as much about HP with a baler as it is about weight, if your ground is flat no problems, but if you have any hills you wouldn't want something pushing you. I think with a small tractor, even a 2R or 3 series you'd want something on a drawbar so you can offset and not have the tractor trying to straddle the windrows.
    Robnik, marlinguidegun and Spectre like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    With a decent size tractor you could probably pick up a decent used baler for a couple thousand bucks.

$11k vs. $2k - that's $9k to put toward a larger tractor that would make running a baler a breeze.
    Smart thinking

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    Can't fault you for wanting to use your tractor to do your own work, I mean that's why we buy them, right? Given the size of bale these little balers put out, I would try to find someone with a small square baler to custom bale my hay. They stack and handle easier than rounds.

Best of luck with your purchase!
    Smart thinking

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:44 AM
    Thanks
    Not sure how much this one costs but looks neet.
    Abbriata M60 Mini Square Baler - YouTube

Doug
    2010 John Deere 2305
    200cx loader
    iMatch
    Ballast Box
    Frontier 1048 Box Blade
    Frontier 1060L Landscape Rake
    Artillian Forks
    54 MM Mower
    54 Front Blade w/Artillian Wings
    54 Front Blower