2018 1025r 60d deck mechanical lift

Thread: 2018 1025r 60d deck mechanical lift

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 02:02 PM
    Thanks

2018 1025r 60d deck mechanical lift

Hi all

I just got my 1025r a few weeks ago and put the deck knob on 4 and it locked the deck into place as I wanted. Now it won't unlock and drop and I can't turn the knob.

Been reading through the forum and searching, but I haven't found how exactly the deck is held in place? What locks it in so that it stays into place while the 3 pt hitch still works? Looking through the install manuals for the arms and stuff, I just don't see what locks into place.

Looks like it wasn't setup correctly so I'm guessing I'm going to have to lift the deck to get the weight off and turn the knob and hopefully it will lower then so I can try and adjust the links on the arms then. The strap looks correct.
    Last edited by cashxx; 02-07-2019 at 11:18 PM.
    Tractor Info: 2018 1025r (01/18/2019) / 120R FEL 53" Bucket / 260B BH with 16" Bucket / 60" MMM with AC / R4 Tires
    Upgrades: RimGuard in Rear Tires / 16" BackHoe Bucket / Engine Block Heater / JD Seat Cover / 3D Pedal Covers / 3D Diff Pedal / HH WT Bracket / 5' Rear Blade / CountyLine 4' RT4 Tiller / JD Ballast Box / HLA 36" Forks / RanchEx 3pt Quick Hitch / BXpanded 6", Ripper, BH Thumb, QA / LoadNGo /
    Planned Upgrades: Edge Tamers / Bolt-on Hooks / HH Rear Receiver Hitch Plate / HH Toothbar

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks
    Did you try starting the tractor and raising the 3 pt hitch with the 3 point lever to take pressure off the lock mechanism? At the top of the SCUT section of the forum there is a pinned thread on mower setup and adjustment that has all the info you probably need to remedy this unless for some reason yours is bent, broken, or setup incorrectly. Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by EMSDJ2; 02-08-2019 at 07:20 AM.
    2017 1025R FIL 54"MMM
    36" Titan Pallet Forks
    5 foot box blade
    Titan BX42S wood chipper
    Edge Tamers
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks
    2018 Exmark Rudius-X series 60" deck

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EMSDJ2 View Post
    Did you try starting the tractor and raising the 3 pt hitch with the 3 point lever to take pressure off the lock mechanism? At the top of the SCUT section of the forum there is a pinned thread on mower setup and adjustment that has all the info you probably need to remedy this unless for some reason yours is bent, broken, or setup incorrectly. Hope this helps you.
    Yes, tried everything now to get it unlocked and to drop except raising the deck enough to hopefully get pressure off of that cam and be able to spin in. I read all through that sticky post. I think I understand how that is working now after laying in bed and thinking about it last night. It's at its highest point though, so not sure there is enough room to get that plate off the cam so I can spin it and hopefully get it to lower then.

They have something not right. Not sure if the linkage on the arms are screwed up too high or they didn't hold that at about an 1/8" off the cam when adjusting the strap. That arm that hangs down from the 3 pt hitch is at the back of the strap when the deck is raised, so that part looks correct, but that plate on the cam is jammed up in it.

We shall see, I might just call the dealer and tell them to come and fix there mess. I mentioned it before hand and it should have been adjusted before receiving it!
    Tractor Info: 2018 1025r (01/18/2019) / 120R FEL 53" Bucket / 260B BH with 16" Bucket / 60" MMM with AC / R4 Tires
    Upgrades: RimGuard in Rear Tires / 16" BackHoe Bucket / Engine Block Heater / JD Seat Cover / 3D Pedal Covers / 3D Diff Pedal / HH WT Bracket / 5' Rear Blade / CountyLine 4' RT4 Tiller / JD Ballast Box / HLA 36" Forks / RanchEx 3pt Quick Hitch / BXpanded 6", Ripper, BH Thumb, QA / LoadNGo /
    Planned Upgrades: Edge Tamers / Bolt-on Hooks / HH Rear Receiver Hitch Plate / HH Toothbar

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    I had this same issue. Had JD pick it up twice to fix, finally asked they talke it to a differant dealer / shop. (I'm fortunate to have 5 JD dealers within an hour drive) The new shop found that the orginal JD shop installed the wrong part and incorrectly. Took a few months, but now it has the correct parts and works perfectly. A differant set of eyes was what it took.

It was murder to get the deck on and off as well with this setup, the whole point of my 1025r is for ease-of-use.

hth.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    So, I adjusted the "position feedback rod" and with the lift arm turnbuckles with 2 threads showing the lift arm stop will just clear the cam when set to 4. Now the problem is getting the auto connect to work as it seems the draft arms are up too high now and that rod that hooks into the back of the mower doesn't slide into place. If I lower the arms with the turnbuckles any I can't spin the cam.

Update:
    So, not sure how. But playing around with the lift arm turnbuckles, I think I have things working now. I took the pins out and left the lift arms drop and lifted them slightly to where the rear lift arm rod would slide into the back of the mower and adjusted the turnbuckles down to match that height that way and I can still turn the adjustment knob for the mower height setting. When I lowered the turnbuckles earlier and raise everything, I couldn't turn the cam. I think what ultimately fixed the issue was the adjusting the the position feedback rod! I left the strap on the way it was installed. Some say to flip it, but I can't see where that makes a difference? Unless someone can confirm this should be done on the 2018 models?

This thread was helpful as well. 5 pages and some good info through it.
    Some clarification needed by Deisel shadow or someone else

Now I have to level things! Waiting on my JD level tool.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements