Green Tractor Talk banner

Picked up a blade tonight

979 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  yoopers98 
#1 ·
I have a new 2018 JD 1025R and bought the blade from a friend for $150. It's a 6' blade and fits on the quick-hitch, lifts easily, and drags across dry ground okay. But the tractor's hydraulics seem to whine quite a bit when I'm driving with the blade attached, so I'm wondering if the whine is normal or the blade is too heavy for the tractor. Experienced advice, please. Thanks.

(Indy and Anna from Indiana approve)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Whining when carrying the blade or pulling it? Looks like it should be well within 3 pt lift specs, so that shouldn't be an issue to carry.

If its whining when you're pulling it, 6 ft is a big bite. My 3038e notices the strain pulling a 6 ft blade full of dirt and definitely whines a little. Hydrostats whine when loaded, in my experience.

As long as you're not lugging the engine, I don't think it's a problem.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#3 ·
If this is happening with the blade all the way up. Lower the blade about an inch. About 1/4" down movement on the control lever.

Like said also with the forward or reverse foot peddle all the way down, wide open either direction, there will be a bit of load noise.

Reactions: JD4044M
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.