• 1 Post By machineryman
  • 5 Post By jdforever

Thread: Which Bucket, Buy them all

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Thanks

Which Bucket, Buy them all

Well I couldn't decide on which bucket so I bought them all...the John Deere 8", plus the Xpanded trencher bucket...also added the quick hitch, grapple, root cutter. Ryan is great to work with, he's made my day and I may have made him a vacation.....I'll give more feedback when the weather clears up....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3589.JPG  
    mjncad, Gizmo2, OxPath and 14 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Thanks
    I really, really want the root ripper to be great. Hopefully you can give a review as the ground thaws. I have a feeling this could save me some serious time on my 30+ stumps.
    2018 1025R | 120R FEL | 260B Backhoe | 60" MMM w/ Autoconnect | 54" Quick Hitch Snow Blower w/ Spout Control | 54" Quick Hitch Blade | Artillian 3k with 42" Forks | Titan Ballast Box | LED Lighting kit

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    It's so sharp that I put it on the mower deck out of injury reach...
    Gizmo2, PJR832 and JD4044M like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:41 AM
    Thanks
    That's a well outfitted ho...err...hoe! Are you going to convert the thumb to hydraulic? That would make it about as complete as one can get.
    johnH123 and johncanfield like this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

7. Top | #5
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:46 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,101 Times in 3,023 Posts
    What tractor do you have machineryman?
    PJR832 likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
    I really, really want the root ripper to be great. Hopefully you can give a review as the ground thaws. I have a feeling this could save me some serious time on my 30+ stumps.
    I can tell you from experience with the bxpanded ripper tooth, that it absolutely kicks ass. It makes digging stumps so, so much easier. I even used the ripper a month ago to dig up some ice in the way back yard that was blocking water from flowing causing a water backup. The ice was a foot thick in spots, and frozen solid to the ground, so it was very hard to get under. The ripper got the job done.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, jdforever and 3 others like this.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with Piranha tooth bar
    HLA 42" Forks
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape rake
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    Stihl BR430 backpack blower
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
    If you haven't read my thread about buying a Bobcat mini-excavator - I ordered a ripper for my new E42 and I noticed Bobcat lists a special purpose frozen ground ripper which is more pointed and curved and then the 'regular' ripper (the one I bought.)

From videos I've watched, a ripper is the implement to break roots - especially for smaller machines. I'm also planning on using the ripper for precision trenching (working around buried conduit, pipes, etc.) and for starting a trench. We have maybe 10-12" of soil and then limestone rock, so my plan is to rip the trench and then dig with the 12" trench bucket.
    mjncad, Gizmo2, goat704! and 1 others like this.
    2010 Model 4720 with cab and H180 loader, MX8, MX6, Frontier BB1172 box blade, forks, bale spear, rear blade, WR Long grapple and tooth bar, Fit Rite Hydraulics top and tilt. 2019 Bobcat E42 excavator with cab & several attachments. 2019 Deere Z945M EFI ZTrak 60" 7 Iron Pro deck. 1998 Komatsu D39P-1 dozer (size of a Cat D5, sold)

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    I've got about 20 stumps and these tree guys him and haw and jerk one around...I think I can run a pluck those things out while they're trying to put together an estimate....hope to pick up a few coins from the neighbor...obvious around a stump not much before you dig...I don't think I'll go hydraulic on the thumb...I have the 260 with the spin seat which I have updated with the McMaster's stailess...I really like the seat....much, much, better than the new ones as you can easily operate the hoe from the seat...I don't think Deere took the ease of this in consideration in trying to make jack on the new units....if you have a sub compact you want it low and easssssy to use...this is the ideal....can't fault Deere by creating a new market...but think of things as simple to use....the stump cut is dangerously sharp and one needs to take precautions installing....I think Bryan really engineered a winner here...
    mjncad and johncanfield like this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I grew up helping my Uncle who had the first backhoe in the county. I was a Massey Ferguson 135. One thing that modern day society is craving is excess safety and I think on the backhoes...even the compacts the roll bar is completely in the way. You have outriggers...and the cradle may actually entrap the operator...I spoke to a several dealers and they advise that customers aren't using seat belts...my Uncles unit was such that you could just bale....now having said they I'm sure JD and other corps want to protect their backside but on the hoe it can come back inside the work area...I'm not advocating the removal for other but I can see the problem....now if one is using as a tractor mowing and the like I see the possible need...but not on a hoe...this is only my observation and in no way advise to others....
    mjncad likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WifeSaidOK View Post
    I can tell you from experience with the bxpanded ripper tooth, that it absolutely kicks ass. It makes digging stumps so, so much easier. I even used the ripper a month ago to dig up some ice in the way back yard that was blocking water from flowing causing a water backup. The ice was a foot thick in spots, and frozen solid to the ground, so it was very hard to get under. The ripper got the job done.
    I can back you up on this. My son has one on his 1025R and it is a beast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails imagejpeg_1 (4).jpg   imagejpeg_2 (1).jpg  
    mjncad, Kennyd, WifeSaidOK and 2 others like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements