• 7 Post By JD4044M
  • 2 Post By JustinHEMI

Thread: Tractor Time With Tim on Farm Machinery Show

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 01:28 PM
    Thanks

Tractor Time With Tim on Farm Machinery Show

Speaking of a crime...didn't make the show and live in Ky...going to Louisville...."Luville" as we pronounce it....our biggest in the Commonwealth....want to see Tim and Ken especially but oh well...In watching a recent video I was very much impressed about the company with the front mounted...bushogs….I've though of this technology...but was concerned about safety....that was not addressed in video....I wondered if there was some sort of waiver in purchase...I do see the value...but it seemed like a considerable risk as the demonstrator said it cut 3" bushes or trees......our county used something similar but it has a cage arrangement....I've seen this equipment in the skid steer but you know how caged the operator is there....I'm surprised I haven't seem more on the drum mowers or small rotary head mowers....this would be extremely usefull on the compacts...even a small sickle mower for the 1025r.....I've always thought liability was the limiting factor in US...as on Utube one can see the varied tools used in Russia and India....

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    We did not address the safety aspect on or off camera, we felt like that would be at the users/purchasers discretion to do. There was no mention of any waivers either.

There are many dangerous attachments that can be used on a tractor, like a loader, post hole digger or the sickle bar you mentioned-none of those require any waivers.
    ChrisR, Levi, OxPath and 8 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim (03-02-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Thanks
    The most dangerous thing on a tractor can be the operator!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD4044M For This Useful Post:

bloodrunsgreen (03-02-2019), jdforever (03-03-2019), Kennyd (03-02-2019), Toughsox (03-02-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Thanks
    I've been loving the videos. That tree cutter was impressive but also had me wondering about whether or not the trees could come back on the operator. I guess you would have to be smart about how you approached it and still pay attention to how it leans and what not.
    Levi, mark02tj and JD4044M like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I've been loving the videos. That tree cutter was impressive but also had me wondering about whether or not the trees could come back on the operator. I guess you would have to be smart about how you approached it and still pay attention to how it leans and what not.
    I thought the same thing watching it cut a tree off. Seems a "Vee made of Steel" To push away might help? The big ones jaws grab the tree first then saw/cut it off and lay it down. Some even strip the branches in logging.

I like the way a Harvester eats trees for lunch!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMcZ0MYRokY
    Last edited by JD4044M; 03-02-2019 at 10:20 PM.
    Levi, jdforever, keane and 4 others like this.

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4044M View Post
    I thought the same thing watching it cut a tree off. Seems a "Vee made of Steel" To push away might help? The big ones jaws grab the tree first then saw/cut it off and lay it down. Some even strip the branches in logging.

I like the way a Harvester eats trees for lunch!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMcZ0MYRokY
    Dang those are some impressive machines!
    Levi and JD4044M like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinHEMI For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (03-03-2019)

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements