JD 47 QH blower question

Thread: JD 47 QH blower question

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 06:08 AM
    Thanks

JD 47 QH blower question

Hi everyone, I have a chance to buy a 47 blower that was on a 4100. The bad is it's completely torn apart. The key way that is inside the gear box for the rake shaft to chewed out. I could not see how the gear looks since the gearbox was still on the shaft, but I could slide it over some to see the shaft. I priced up all the bearing and holders that would need to be replaced which came out to around a 100 bucks. The housing is in good shape and the rakes aren't all bent up which is nice. They said I could have all of it for 500 bucks. I thought if the gear in the gearbox is ok, I could have a new keyway cut on the shaft and put it back together. They said I could have it for 500 bucks. Do you guys think it is a worthwhile investment?

Adam
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 1,475 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamq View Post
    Hi everyone, I have a chance to buy a 47 blower that was on a 4100. The bad is it's completely torn apart. The key way that is inside the gear box for the rake shaft to chewed out. I could not see how the gear looks since the gearbox was still on the shaft, but I could slide it over some to see the shaft. I priced up all the bearing and holders that would need to be replaced which came out to around a 100 bucks. The housing is in good shape and the rakes aren't all bent up which is nice. They said I could have all of it for 500 bucks. I thought if the gear in the gearbox is ok, I could have a new keyway cut on the shaft and put it back together. They said I could have it for 500 bucks. Do you guys think it is a worthwhile investment?

Adam
    Personally, I would need to get it for less than $500 for me to be interested, especially since there is a chance the gear might be torn up. We are coming into the time of year when blowers reach their cheapest prices as seller get motivated to make space and not deal with them. One or two other damaged pieces or missing pieces which you have to buy and suddenly what might be a deal becomes a bad deal. I would need it to be a better deal for me to consider it.

Also, double check the actual serial number of the blower. Often, the deals turn out not to be such deals when the buyer finds out the seller was wrong about what the blower was used on or what it fits............If you have to buy the gear box if your plans don't materialize, then you are going to have well over $1,200 in a blower which is parts and pieces.......I would need it to be about half the price they are asking for me to be interested, otherwise i would pass and keep looking. Also, if the PTO shaft doesn't fit your machine, that can change the amount you have invested in this in a hurry.

Do you have the quick hitch and the front drive kit for your machine? Often, used blowers will come with everything you need and the quick hitch and front drive unit can add $1,200 in hurry to the cost of such a project.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 06:08 AM
    Thanks
    I was thinking of making a counter offer. It is at my local dealer. I have everything for it to go right on either my X758 or 1025R. I didn't realize the front gear boxes had different ratios. The quick hitch and bracket that comes with it will go on my brother's tractor so I thought about going in together on it. I will see if they will do better on the price, like you said if something was thrown in the corner and missing, prices go up quite quickly.

Thanks for the advice

Adam
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements