3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  DeereNC 
#1 · (Edited)
I was over at my friends farm, he mentioned he was going
to sell this old sickle mower to another guy, but it has been
a year now, so I asked if I could buy it, It has sat up in the
barn since the early 80's, so tomorrow, I am taking the 1025R
over to see if things will work. I will be able to knock down
those darn burdocks, I hate cleaning burs out of the mane
and tail of my horse. And it only cost me 100$ if it works.
:kidw_truck_smiley:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice find is right! Good luck and hopefully it will work out with your rig.

:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: budman
#3 ·
Cool! I had a sickle mower on my 1026R. If you are on flat and level ground, it did ok. As soon as you add in the slopes, it didn't have enough counter-balance ballast to be stable. Mine is a 7' mower. I hope it works out in your favor.:thumbup1gif:

#4 ·
We were both wondering how it hooked up, in this
picture, you see on the left the part that attaches
to the arm, but the bar going to the right, follows
the arm back to the tractor. Same on the other side.
THe links are 26" apart, and about 15" high. Maybe
a slight modify on those weird extensions toward the
tractor.

This mower is 7' also.

Attachments

#6 ·
:yahoo: New old toys!

Hope it works out.

I love old stuff!

x2 :kidw_truck_smiley:

#7 · (Edited)
Good Find

I have a 7foot model 451 from New Holland that I use on my 435 JD (1959 model 2 cylinder diesel). I use it to mow ditches and around the pond. Would like to use it with my 1026 so I would have power steering, but I am afraid the 1026 would be too small to handle it.

#8 ·
From what I can see, it's a #9. The tag will say. The first picture, with the 2 u-bolts, shows where your top link goes. Picture 6 shows the tab for your lift arms to pin to. Don't modify the frame of the mower, the extensions that follow the arm to the tractor are semi-mounted to the lift arms, with the u-bolts from the first picture. Look around for a couple of blocky looking pieces that are used to clamp the mower arms to the lift arms. I've got a 9 and a 9W. Pretty good old mowers.

#9 ·
From what I can see, it's a #9. The tag will say. The first picture, with the 2 u-bolts, shows where your top link goes. Picture 6 shows the tab for your lift arms to pin to. Don't modify the frame of the mower, the extensions that follow the arm to the tractor are semi-mounted to the lift arms, with the u-bolts from the first picture. Look around for a couple of blocky looking pieces that are used to clamp the mower arms to the lift arms. I've got a 9 and a 9W. Pretty good old mowers.
yes I too believe its a no.9. I also have one of these, them blocks that bolt over the 3pt arms are very hard to find in my area, only because hardly anybody had 3pt around here. u got a good buy for that one, I gave 350 for mine at a auction in ny, where I went for a no.8 for parts to fix mine and ended up coming home with 3 different mowers. they went very cheap on that day. wife didn't think so at the time:rocket: it will be interesting to see if u can hook it up using the imatch. thanks for pics and good luck, big jim

#11 · (Edited)
Nice find! My dad and brother have a number of No. 5, 10, and 50's from my brother's early days of baling hay. Two of those are mid-mounts for the 4020... the 5 and 50 I think..?

Now he cuts in style with a JD 800 swather with 10' head! Also have a 1980 something Hesston 6450 swather with barely 100 hrs on it that my grandpa bought new and only used one year. It came with a 21' draper but they were able to get a 12-14' crimper head for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.