Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Which Chipper

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:39 PM
    Thanks

Which Chipper

I am thinking about getting a chipper for my 1025. Was looking at the Woodmax TM 86 H then found the Woodland Mills WC 46 or WC 68. Both are basically the same price with free shipping and both seem to be very similar in build.

Woodmax is built in Buffalo NY but have no idea where Woodland Mills is built. Somewhere in Europe I assume

Anybody have any opinion on the above chippers?

Wood Chipper Shredder | PTO Wood Chipper | Wood Shredder | Wood Chipper Attachment | Chipper for small tractor - WoodMaxx

WC46 4 PTO Wood Chipper, Wood Chipper | Woodland Mills USA
    Last edited by Termite; 03-14-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB
    Artillian 36" forks
    54" snowblower
    54" plow
    I-Match
    53" loader bucket
    16" backhoe bucket

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-16-2019 @ 12:15 AM
    Thanks
    I'll be watch this.
    I'm tossing around a chipper purchase too.
    Been looking at wallenstein chippers.

Can't decide if I should go with auto feed or not.
    Drifterbike likes this.
    '06 JD 2720, FEL, Flail Mower.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I definatly want auto feed. I have a stand alone mighty Mac chipper now which is a decent chipper but want auto feed. Tired of feeding by hand
    Tomfive, Levi and Dr Kubar like this.
    2017 1025R TLB
    Artillian 36" forks
    54" snowblower
    54" plow
    I-Match
    53" loader bucket
    16" backhoe bucket

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    The decision to get auto-feed or not all depends on how much you intend to use the chipper in my opinion. If the chipper will be used here and there occasionally, auto-feed is purely a luxury. If you have a lot of chipping to do, auto-feed will surely increase your productivity and reduce your level of effort required to feed the machine. I personally am opting for an auto-feed machine due to the large volume of chipping I will be doing. I am going with WoodMaxx after having done all my research.... Best of luck to you on your selection.

9 PTO Wood Chipper Shredder | Made in the USA | 3pt. Wood Chipper Attachment -WoodMaxx

Sincerely
    Termite likes this.
    BadAss 2038R, R3s, R4s, Spacers, Eng & Tranny Heaters, LEDs, Cages, Fender Flares, Front Fenders, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, Hitch-N-Can, 800# Quick Tach Weights, 220R Loader, Single Point Hyd, 57" HD Bucket, WR Long Tooth Bar & 3rd Function Hyd, 55" Wicked Root Rake Grapple, 270B Backhoe, 72D MMM, Front 3 pt Hitch, 366 FMB Blade, PHD300 Post Hole Digger w\ Auger Set, LR2172 Landscape Rake w/gage Wheels, RB2072 Rear Blade, BB2072 Box Blade, AP12F Pallet Forks, EA 72" Pine Needle Rake, Fit-Rite TNT

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 05:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Termite View Post
    I definatly want auto feed. I have a stand alone mighty Mac chipper now which is a decent chipper but want auto feed. Tired of feeding by hand
    Agree and sometimes the branches bounce back and forth hitting hard on my fingers
    Tomfive and Termite like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    Termite - the chippers you're looking at are both Chinese. Woodmaxx is based in NY and Woodland Mills is based in Canada.

The Woodland Mills chippers are (I think) a little newer on the scene than the WoodMaxx chippers. Everybody that I've read about that has the WoodMaxx that you referenced seems to love it! For the money, it's supposed to be a great chipper. Also, WoodMaxx imports the chippers and then upgrades the knives and maybe a few other components on them to USA made components. I don't think that Woodland Mills does that.

The WoodMaxx 9900 that Homestead Joe references is actually made by WoodMaxx in the USA. That's the chipper that I have. It's more than double the cost of the one that you're looking at. It's an AWESOME chipper and I'm super happy with it. If it will fit through the chute, it will chip it!!

I do believe that the 9900 might require a little more PTO horsepower than the TM86 though. Also depends on your budget and your preferences which way you want to go.

Regardless of what you get, make sure you get something with a power feed. I had a "self feed" Bearcat chipper before I bought my WoodMaxx. The difference is amazing and I can chip about 3-4x the amount of material in the same amount of time with the power fed unit. That's important to an old guy like me!!
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks
    I'll second (or is that third or fourth) the auto-feed. I've got a bearcat and I'm almost completely stopped using it and burning the stuff instead because it's so much work to feed.
    The woodmax upgrade is on my list when funds become available.
    tquarles
    1025R FILB with 60" MMM, 48" Kuhn tiller, 60" Howse box blade,
    Howse post hole digger, JD LX60 brush cutter, Bearcat chipper, 3-point broadcast spreader
    Artillian forks and receiver mount, Cyclone Rake.
    Gator TS

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klunker View Post
    I'll be watch this.
    I'm tossing around a chipper purchase too.
    Been looking at wallenstein chippers.

Can't decide if I should go with auto feed or not.
    Get the one that is the best bang for the buck just as long as it has auto feed. Mine does not have auto feed and every time I use it my arms come away all scratched up and bloody. It is also hard to feed if you're trying to chip vines. Another thing you want to think about is while you're pushing a limb into the chipper and it had small limbs coming off of it, it's harder to push it through. With auto feed you just make it grab and walk away and let the chipper do what it's supposed to do, chip everything you give it.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    11-16-2019 @ 12:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post
    The decision to get auto-feed or not all depends on how much you intend to use the chipper in my opinion. If the chipper will be used here and there occasionally, auto-feed is purely a luxury. If you have a lot of chipping to do, auto-feed will surely increase your productivity and reduce your level of effort required to feed the machine. I personally am opting for an auto-feed machine due to the large volume of chipping I will be doing. I am going with WoodMaxx after having done all my research.... Best of luck to you on your selection.

9 PTO Wood Chipper Shredder | Made in the USA | 3pt. Wood Chipper Attachment -WoodMaxx

Sincerely
    Thanks for the heads up

I especially like the made in the USA feature, I'm willing to pay more for a better made product and if I help employ my neighbors all the better!
    bfloyd4445 likes this.
    '06 JD 2720, FEL, Flail Mower.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HomesteadJoe View Post

Sincerely
    That is a nice chipper but way overkill for what I need. Even the small one is over kill but getting older is tough so looking to make things easier
    2017 1025R TLB
    Artillian 36" forks
    54" snowblower
    54" plow
    I-Match
    53" loader bucket
    16" backhoe bucket

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast