• 1 Post By mjncad

Thread: Add-A-Grapple

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks

Add-A-Grapple

Single Add-A-Grapple - Precision Manufacturing

Anyone ever heard of this company. I saw their booth at the farm show and am just now getting around to reviewing the brochures I brought home. As best I remember, he said the single grapple runs about $595 and you buy your own hydraulic couplers. That way they fit your machine. It would seem to me that this is all you really need for most work as we really normally only use it occasionally.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

mjncad (03-11-2015)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,145 Times in 2,586 Posts
    I have heard of it, it's a knock-off of the original ATI one: GK-4866, Grapple Kit, Compact Tractor Loaders, ATI Corporation

My personal opinion is that it has very limited use because the side of the bucket will always be in the way.

Here is one that just bolts to the top, after some reinforcement usually: Thumb grapple 36"
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (03-11-2015)

6. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    A little further digging found a version for a fork lift. That one looks more interesting. Pallet Fork Add-A-Grapple - Precision Manufacturing They actually make them not too far from me in Sedalia, MO

Thanks
    Dave
    mjncad and Daveb like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-29-2016 @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    I sold them for a season. Not impressed. All of what kenny d said are the reasons why. If you can wait, artillian is coming out with a grapple very soon.

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I have heard of it, it's a knock-off of the original ATI one: GK-4866, Grapple Kit, Compact Tractor Loaders, ATI Corporation

My personal opinion is that it has very limited use because the side of the bucket will always be in the way.

Here is one that just bolts to the top, after some reinforcement usually: Thumb grapple 36"
    It is very critical to re-enforce the bucket when adding a grapple. I work for a company the builds buckets and grapples for skid steer loaders and have seen the distortion to bucket backs from the strain of the grapple. We all have a tendency to try to do too much sometimes accidently but it happens.
    I'm attaching a picture of my bolted on grapple on my utility bucket. T put a 2" square tube with 1/4" walls down from the center cylinder mount to near the bottom of the bucket back. This transfers a lot of the strain through the whole back of the bucket. You can see bolts inside the lower bucket back in the center where to give you an idea how far down I went. I also am attaching a picture of a sample of things I use it to lift. That's an Oak tree trunk 8' long, not the lightest thing around. To pick it out of the trailer the bucket has to be tipped so all the weight of the log was lifted by the grapple teeth and they handle it well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC04326.jpg   DSC04391.jpg  
    mjncad, Kennyd, RandyM and 3 others like this.
    2011 2320 w/R4's, 3rd SCV
    imatch hitch. Soft side cab
    47" front mount snow blower
    200cx FEL w/ 54" dirt bucket - added a 1/2" x 6" DBL Bevel Bolt on Cutting Edge
    42"tined utility bucket w/ grapple
    54" JD 3pt blade w/ hydraulic swivel
    Hydraulic Dump trailer 48" W x 72" L X 24" Deep w/cap of 4500 lbs
    2011 D110 w/ bagger, 42" 2-stage blower
    2016 x380 w/ 48" deep body deck and powerflow bagger
    91 STX38 - this was my Father-in-Law's lawn mower

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Daveb For This Useful Post:

Gizmo2 (03-11-2015)

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    It is very critical to re-enforce the bucket when adding a grapple. I work for a company the builds buckets and grapples for skid steer loaders and have seen the distortion to bucket backs from the strain of the grapple. We all have a tendency to try to do too much sometimes accidently but it happens.
    I'm attaching a picture of my bolted on grapple on my utility bucket. T put a 2" square tube with 1/4" walls down from the center cylinder mount to near the bottom of the bucket back. This transfers a lot of the strain through the whole back of the bucket. You can see bolts inside the lower bucket back in the center where to give you an idea how far down I went. I also am attaching a picture of a sample of things I use it to lift. That's an Oak tree trunk 8' long, not the lightest thing around. To pick it out of the trailer the bucket has to be tipped so all the weight of the log was lifted by the grapple teeth and they handle it well.

I like it!!! I have the SSQA brackets so can use skid steer attachments. I think I would likely not use the one on a bucket, although my bucket is a 73 inch extra heavy duty skid steer bucket and not as likely to bend. I would likely lean towards the one they have for pallet forks.

A reference to a web site for the company you referenced would be nice......

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I like it!!! I have the SSQA brackets so can use skid steer attachments. I think I would likely not use the one on a bucket, although my bucket is a 73 inch extra heavy duty skid steer bucket and not as likely to bend. I would likely lean towards the one they have for pallet forks.

A reference to a web site for the company you referenced would be nice......

Dave
    FYI, One big difference in the skid steer quick attach brackets for a skid steer is that one is totally rigid and will not twist from side to side, Loaders like the 200cx on my 2320 can flex from one side to the other because the uprights for the quick attach are not tied together and are controlled by separate tilt cylinders. The oil flow can vary from one cylinder to the other based on load. Just have to watch what happens when there isn't a bucket on the loader and you run the tilt to hook up to a bucket, most times one side moves at a different rate than the other.

Regarding the web site request, I'm not at liberty to give out that information unfortunately. The work we do is all for OEM's across the US. Fortunately for me as an employee I am able to purchase piece parts for things we build for personal use and I purposely make the things I build enough different from the OEM product so it isn't an issue.
    2011 2320 w/R4's, 3rd SCV
    imatch hitch. Soft side cab
    47" front mount snow blower
    200cx FEL w/ 54" dirt bucket - added a 1/2" x 6" DBL Bevel Bolt on Cutting Edge
    42"tined utility bucket w/ grapple
    54" JD 3pt blade w/ hydraulic swivel
    Hydraulic Dump trailer 48" W x 72" L X 24" Deep w/cap of 4500 lbs
    2011 D110 w/ bagger, 42" 2-stage blower
    2016 x380 w/ 48" deep body deck and powerflow bagger
    91 STX38 - this was my Father-in-Law's lawn mower

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:41 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    A little further digging found a version for a fork lift. That one looks more interesting. Pallet Fork Add-A-Grapple - Precision Manufacturing They actually make them not too far from me in Sedalia, MO

Thanks
    Dave
    This item interests me more than adding a grapple to a bucket.
    Daveb likes this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements