• 1 Post By rtgt

Thread: Weekend find

1. Top | #1
    Jep

Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Thanks

Weekend find

What would life be like without Projects? With winter on the downward slide, this weekend I found and purchased a plow blade. A Cub/Yamar 6' blade with hydro lift and turn. This was a brand new, never used complete set up at a great price. As I was taking it apart to fit and lift into my wife's suv the owner came to help. Once loaded he looked and said you might as well take the 5' blade with it. In it went and home to unload. Now the project starts. I am thinking a loader frame mount for easy on and off. Just like my fork set. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have a 1025r with h 120 loader . I was thinking the 5' blade would be best and maybe sell the 6'blade. What do you think? Blade is a FB 60 and a FB 72 really solid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    jdmich, johnH123 and gbnpp05 like this.
    1025R TLB 54D MM, Imatch Quick hitch, BB, Ken's bolt on hooks, Piranha Tooth Bar, 36" Artillian forks, Cyclone rake XL, 54" Snowblower, 54"used blade, Edge Tamer and Extender, Heavy Hitch Subsoiler. Trailers: Sure-Trac 5x8 dump and a 7x16 steel side., 647 tiller, 5048 Box blade, heavy hitch tooth bar, 260B hoe, mulch kit

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Thanks
    Good project. What I did, I found a cheap 7' western blade.msandblasted and painted. Cut A frame, made a mount for my 419 loader so easy on and off. Love it only way to plow snow, woks great, now I just have to get third valve on loader so I can angle it without getting off.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Jep likes this.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Thanks
    Nice! If it were me, I'd just pick up one of the Artillian JDQA frames and weld things up. You'll have to figure out how to get your hydraulics straightened out for it but that should be do-able with a diverter or two.

I use my plow on the loader arms and I think you'll find that you don't actually need your lift cylinder on that plow frame. You can cut a piece of steel to replace it and just use your loader arms for lifting.
    AWK, Jep, KD7CAO and 1 others like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 865 Posts
    Sweet find.

I'd keep both blades till you get a chance to try them out and see which one works best.
    jdmich likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements