H240 FEL float operation

Thread: H240 FEL float operation

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-03-2016 @ 05:26 PM
    Thanks

Question H240 FEL float operation

My new 5055E cab tractor with Power-reverser and H240 FEL has been delivered to my son's house and I can't get there to try it out until Saurday. My son assures me he will "check it out" and make sure it works properly until I finally get there. He does report that he is having difficulty keeping the bucket tilted down while in "float" back-dragging dirt to fill a ditch. He says the bucket keeps rolling up off the tilted bucket edge and onto the bottom of the bucket. Neither of us has used this model before, but he is quite experienced doing this procedure with my previous tractors, a L3800 and L4600 Kubota, and says he is just doing the same thing here but the H240 bucket won't maintain the angle. Is he doing/not doing something right? I have the tractor manual with me and I haven't received any info on the loader.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 09:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanboy View Post
    My new 5055E cab tractor with Power-reverser and H240 FEL has been delivered to my son's house and I can't get there to try it out until Saurday. My son assures me he will "check it out" and make sure it works properly until I finally get there. He does report that he is having difficulty keeping the bucket tilted down while in "float" back-dragging dirt to fill a ditch. He says the bucket keeps rolling up off the tilted bucket edge and onto the bottom of the bucket. Neither of us has used this model before, but he is quite experienced doing this procedure with my previous tractors, a L3800 and L4600 Kubota, and says he is just doing the same thing here but the H240 bucket won't maintain the angle. Is he doing/not doing something right? I have the tractor manual with me and I haven't received any info on the loader.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Don't push the loader into the float position. The float position is just that.. No hyd pressure that would hold the bucket position. Tilt the bucket to the desired angle and back drag while adjusting the boom arm pressure as you move.

I generally work the tilt angle and change the boom pressure in concert with one another as the ground contour and material load changes.

AKfish
    Last edited by AKfish; 03-19-2015 at 04:25 AM.
    JD5115M, JD4720, JD110TLB, Ford 9N, JDX300R, JD458SS, JD347,336 sq. balers, JD MX-8, Kuhn hay equip, etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AKfish For This Useful Post:

Beanboy (03-19-2015)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements