• 4 Post By Gizmo2
  • 1 Post By Chuck S

Thread: Quick hitch issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-05-2016 @ 04:32 AM
    Thanks

Quick hitch issue

I bough an imatch quick hitch with the adjustable top link to go with my 1025r. Got around to trying it out today. When I tried it on my box blade, I had to loosen the bolts and move the top link down a notch because it wouldn't let the pins go low enough to engage the bottom slots. So after that it looked to work ok with the box blade. A slight gap from being all the way at the bottom of the top link, but fully into the thick part of the metal. Now when I tried it on my rotary cutter I found that I had to move it back up to the position it was in when I bought it. It kinda defeats the purpose if I have to change the top link position every time I switch between the too. There appears to be no adjustment on the implements to correct this. Am I missing something here? It is a rc2048 and a bb2048.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Thanks

Quick hitch issue

Not all implements are built to the iMatch standard and there is variation. Most people that use iMatch will buy only implements that are compatible or convert the ones they have that are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Levi likes this.
    John Deere 318, 50in deck, 54in blade w/ power angle

Looking for JD Parts check here on JD's official parts website.

Have no idea where to start with JD Parts check here for a how to.

4. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,040 Times in 2,991 Posts
    What he said ^^^^^.
    Also, ditch the bolts......http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...t-options.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0290_1.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	42331
    Last edited by Gizmo2; 03-20-2015 at 06:40 AM.
    RandyM, etcallhome, NEWT and 1 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    01-05-2016 @ 04:32 AM
    Thanks
    The instructions for both the box blade and rotary cutter say they are imatch compatible. Both made by frontier and have the exact same type of mounting. That did look like a good idea replacing the bolts with pins. I may have to do that.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,281 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blazin_teg View Post
    The instructions for both the box blade and rotary cutter say they are imatch compatible. Both made by frontier and have the exact same type of mounting. That did look like a good idea replacing the bolts with pins. I may have to do that.
    The whole "Quick" Hitch situation can be frustrating at times. I have four rear implements... (1) Deere, (2) Frontier and (1) Land Pride. I also have two Quick Hitches, John Deere iMatch (new style) and Land Pride QH-15.

The Deere iMatch has problems with the Frontier implements. The top hook gets jammed and getting the implement to release can be problematic.

The Land Pride QH-15 works fine with all four implements. Go figure.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 03:55 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    The whole "Quick" Hitch situation can be frustrating at times. I have four rear implements... (1) Deere, (2) Frontier and (1) Land Pride. I also have two Quick Hitches, John Deere iMatch (new style) and Land Pride QH-15.

The Deere iMatch has problems with the Frontier implements. The top hook gets jammed and getting the implement to release can be problematic.

Good to know I'm not the only one with that problem. My JD quick hitch barely works on my Frontier blade.
    BigJim55 likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post

I made it a point of finding the "old style" iMatch when I bought mine. I have no problem in connecting to my Frontier 8ft rear blade, Frontier box blade, Land Pride 8ft rock rake, or Befco finish mower. I did have to drill a hole for the top pin on the Land Pride rock rake as it was an older model and did not have one. The older style iMatch has a fixed top link hook. When there was a problem, it was not the fault of the iMatch, it was the length of the top link, but I solved that with the hydraulic top link.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements