• 2 Post By coaltrain
  • 1 Post By jsb2b

Thread: 2025R 60D mid-mower question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 10:05 AM
    Thanks

2025R 60D mid-mower question

Most likely this is a dumb question but between weekly mowing should the mower deck remain in its cutting height
    position or should it be lowered onto its wheels?

I'm wondering whether extended time supported by the lift arms is not advisable...just not sure.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
    Most likely this is a dumb question but between weekly mowing should the mower deck remain in its cutting height

I'm wondering whether extended time supported by the lift arms is not advisable...just not sure.

If you mean when it is parked, it is OK to lower the deck onto the wheels. Otherwise, the anti-scalp wheels are not meant to carry the weight of the mower deck when mowing. You are supposed park the tractor on a flat surface, set the desired mowing height, and adjust the wheels to about 1/4 inch off the ground.
    Last edited by jsb2b; 04-25-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    North585 likes this.
    2018 2025R, AutoConnect 7-Iron Drive-over 60D Belly Mower, 54" Front Blade with angling Quick Hitch.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,100 Times in 2,263 Posts

It’s a very good habit to get into with any and all implements. They all should be set on the ground when parking the tractor.

As said above, it won’t hurt anything setting the deck on the wheels when still.

When your tractor gets to be 10+ years old and approaching 1000 hours the hydraulics will settle when parked and the deck will end up on the ground anyway.
    North585 and PJR832 like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsb2b View Post
    If you mean when it is parked, it is OK to lower the deck onto the wheels. Otherwise, the anti-scalp wheels are not meant to carry the weight of the mower deck when mowing. You are supposed park the tractor on a flat surface, set the desired mowing height, and adjust the wheels to about 1/4 inch off the ground.
    Thanks! I knew about the wheel adjustment when mowing.. I left the mower at its cutting height overnight and just started wondering if I could just
    leave it set there since I use the tractor for other work or would it cause problems with the lift hydraulics.

After mowing, I would need to raise the mower, set height control to #1 or install setting then lower the mower to wheels for parking... I just was wondering
    if I could simply leave the mower at its cutting height when parked.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks! I knew about the wheel adjustment when mowing.. I left the mower at its cutting height overnight and just started wondering if I could just
    leave it set there since I use the tractor for other work or would it cause problems with the lift hydraulics.

After mowing, I would need to raise the mower, set height control to #1 or install setting then lower the mower to wheels for parking... I just was wondering
    if I could simply leave the mower at its cutting height when parked.
    Yes you can. The mower would be resting on the lift cam stop taking the pressure off the hydraulics.
    kylew likes this.
    2018 2025R, AutoConnect 7-Iron Drive-over 60D Belly Mower, 54" Front Blade with angling Quick Hitch.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jsb2b View Post
    Yes you can. The mower would be resting on the lift cam stop taking the pressure off the hydraulics.
    Thanks very much! This would give me an option of leaving the mower deck in the cutting position or lowering the deck to its wheels for longer term storage.
    I assume the wheels are sturdy enough to hold the deck weight when not mowing.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Thanks very much! This would give me an option of leaving the mower deck in the cutting position or lowering the deck to its wheels for longer term storage.
    I assume the wheels are sturdy enough to hold the deck weight when not mowing.
    And then some...
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements