Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Help me decide on a quick hitch setup

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Thanks

Help me decide on a quick hitch setup

Ladies and gentlemen,
    I've had my 3025E for about a year now, and my biggest frustration/pain in the rear is changing implements. It takes me WAY too long and is often way to difficult of a procedure. So I'm looking at a quick hitch setup. I know there are differing opinions, and I've read some/many of the threads already listed here, but I wanted to bring it up again and get opinions on my specific needs/uses. I'm trying to decide between the Pat's Quick Hitch setup and an iMatch type setup. So some info on my needs

Tractor - JD 3025E
    Main used implements - 6' finish mower (land pride), 5' bush hog (not sure manufacturer off top of head), Ford post hole digger, 5' tiller (Bush Hog), 500 pound capacity spreader.

Desires: To make changing between implements less of a hassle/headache/backache. I really don't care about having to get off my tractor as almost everything I use has a PTO shaft I have to change anyway. Sure, I have a blade and a few other non-PTO items, but they are not used that often. Time saved, while a partial factor, isn't as important as just the back breaking job of trying to move implements by hand to get things lined up properly. I realize that with either system PTO shaft length may be an issue and may need addressed. My biggest concern with the iMatch type set up is the ability to modify all of my implements to fit. I am not a wielder so my modifications would need to be done other ways. For these reasons I'm leaning towards the Pat's, as I feel with my older equipment, and various brands, I have a much higher chance of everything working.

So I guess I'm asking for those that use the above type listed implements, does one style of QH work better than the other? Does it NOT work on some (I am 99% sure the iMatch type is useless with post hole diggers for example)?

Additional background: I have a small 15 acre farm that hadn't been ran as a farm for at least a decade when I bought it. So the uses for my tractor really changes day by day. One day I'm mowing my lawn, next day I need to build more fence and put posts in with the post hole digger, next day I'm bush hogging a field, etc. I find myself NOT doing some things or at least putting them off as I don't want to deal with unhooking and rehooking up implements. So something must be done. Thanks in advance for all advice and help!
    Last edited by forphase1; 04-27-2019 at 11:00 PM.
    3025E, D160 FEL, Bush Hog 5' tiller, 5' rotary mower, 4' rotary mower, post hole digger

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    I also saw this website. These look interesting too, though I can't find much about them. But I do kinda like the idea of the implements not being pushed out 3-4 inches. Of course the issue here will be if there is the room to get under the pins with the added inches in height. Has anyone used to tried these also? Welcome to CARTER AND SON'S TOOL AND DIE
    JD4044M likes this.
    3025E, D160 FEL, Bush Hog 5' tiller, 5' rotary mower, 4' rotary mower, post hole digger

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:58 PM
    Thanks
    I am really pleased with the Pats quick hitch on the JD 4105

I have used it with two different rear finish mowers ,,
    neither mower would work with the HF quick hitch
    PaDave, JD4044M and SRG like this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    From what Iíve read PHDís are an aberration within the realm of 3 pt equipment, none of them readily fit any QH so that may just be something that continues to aggravate you.

QHís from JDís iMatch to the occasional special at Rural King for $69 are all similar and will have some limitations with some attachments. Bushings and excellent top hook replacements from Kens Hooks (both JD and Import models) will rectify a lot of those issues so that many newer implements will work without modifying them-with some things or older models, getting them to mate to a QH just wonít be easy without modifications. Sometimes welding isnít necessary though, drilling a new hole for a top link pin may work-it all depends on the implement.

As far as QHís go-if your changing things that much you likely want one that is quality, easy to use, precise and repeatable and durable-Iíd seriously suggest the JD or at least another decent brand name, the Chinese house brands (like mine from RK) work but you can tell they just arenít the same and a JD.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    From what Iíve read PHDís are an aberration within the realm of 3 pt equipment, none of them readily fit any QH so that may just be something that continues to aggravate you.

QHís from JDís iMatch to the occasional special at Rural King for $69 are all similar and will have some limitations with some attachments. Bushings and excellent top hook replacements from Kens Hooks (both JD and Import models) will rectify a lot of those issues so that many newer implements will work without modifying them-with some things or older models, getting them to mate to a QH just wonít be easy without modifications. Sometimes welding isnít necessary though, drilling a new hole for a top link pin may work-it all depends on the implement.

As far as QHís go-if your changing things that much you likely want one that is quality, easy to use, precise and repeatable and durable-Iíd seriously suggest the JD or at least another decent brand name, the Chinese house brands (like mine from RK) work but you can tell they just arenít the same and a JD.
    Do you, or anyone else, know if the Pat's interfere with PHD? I don't think they would, but I could be wrong.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:58 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by forphase1 View Post
    Do you, or anyone else, know if the Pat's interfere with PHD? I don't think they would, but I could be wrong.
    Since they are lower link only they should work with PHD.

They show a PHD hooked up on the website.... greenwellmfg - Home

Oscar Leroy, PJR832 and JD4044M like this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to theduke For This Useful Post:

forphase1†(04-28-2019)

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Good point. I completely missed that picture on their site. With the amount I use my phd, that may be the deciding factor right there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Oscar Leroy and JD4044M like this.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by forphase1 View Post
    I canít comment on the Pats system, never used one and donít know anyone who has... Hence why I didnít include them in my response, they are a quick attachment system but. It in my eyes a Quick Hitch because they donít tie in the top link...
    SulleyBear, JD4044M and GigaWatt like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Thanks
    Something like Pattís is the best option if most of your equipment is not quick hitch compatible. But if your equipment is then a rigid system like JDís is far better. With the rigid system I only have to get off the tractor to hook up a PTO. Otherwise I donít leave the seat. Itís also really nice that it holds the top link so when I do activities like mowing without any 3-point hitch implement installed, my big hydraulic top link isnít wanting to flop around. Ive use JDís version of Pattís on my familyís 6 series, and have a JQ quick hitch on my 2038r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 2038r 72Ē MMM Command Cut 220r loader
    PJR832 likes this.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 AM
    Thanks
    I have a Harbor Freight quick hitch on my 2305. 3 out of my 5 implements had the same distance from the lift pins to the top link attachment point. After some cutting and welding, I modified the 2 non compliant implements to work with the QH. After 2 back surgeries and continued back problems the qh is a huge advantage for me. The only time I need to get off the tractor is to hook up pto shaft on tiller.
    Last edited by GigaWatt; 04-29-2019 at 07:27 AM.
    PJR832 and JD4044M like this.
    2305 with 200CX FEL, 62C MMM, Ken's Bolt On Hooks, modified HF Quick Hitch, turf & R4 tires. King Kutter XB Equipment; tiller, box blade, swivel blade, landscape rake & rotary cutter. SSAD 42" Forks, custom built Carry All & 8' Wagon. GrassHopper 725 D2, 2 Sears 42" Riders and way too much other equipment to list.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast