Wife says i'm a moron. I bought a tiller. - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree1005Likes

Thread: Wife says i'm a moron. I bought a tiller.

1. Top | #31

Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Thanks
    Yeah, I've got both too. Used a '83 Horse for years before
    I got my tractor and tiller. That thing bucked like Bocephus and would run away like Carl Lewis from singing the national anthem. Beat the absolute crap out of me every time I used it. I'm talking red headed step child stuff. That walk behind tiller stuff is for young men only. Good riddance. Thing was dangerous.

3025e 60" bucket with parking stand kit, finish mower, brush hog, tiller, back blade, scoop, forks, weight bracket w/ trailer mover
    Z915B
    GT 245
    X500
    20' double axle trailer
    Previous - 2305, 2025R, Z720A, couple other zero turns

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #32
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kennell View Post
    Last Fall adter purchasing my 1025 i found this tiller used and in great shape. The tines still had some paint on them.
    My garden was finally dry enough today to give it a try. The tractor and tiller did a great job.
    Now here's the question... My Wife says i'm a moron for buying this tiller to till my garden( i also have a walk behind) I say its perfect. Who's correct? Kent
    Kent. you are correct ! Wise move. Now, sell the walk-behind one and tell her you sold it for $2,000 more than you did and it paid for the 3-pt one plus cash. You'll look like a deal making machine
    Chris

2019 4052R/Cab, iMatch QH, 440R Loader w/BW16358 Bucket(Got Loops) , Frontier RB5072 Blade, Frontier LP1184 Land Plane, Front moveable fenders, Rear fender extensions, Dual Exterior mirrors,Ballast Box BW15073, Dual rear work lights(LVB24853), JD Hammerstrap, R2 4" Edge Tamers, (coming soon: Weather radar,FLIR,HUD, Chocolate bar & "Manpon" dispensers)

4. Top | #33
    Last Online
    05-18-2019 @ 08:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    Kent. you are correct ! Wise move. Now, sell the walk-behind one and tell her you sold it for $2,000 more than you did and it paid for the 3-pt one plus cash. You'll look like a deal making machine
    Giuys: This is great advice i think .
    Spectre: LOL I'm sure she's not that stupid. Kent
    Kent

JD1025R and 455
    120R loader with Kens Bolt on hooks and Edge tammers
    Wheel weights
    60D auto connect MMM
    JD 25 gal tow behind sprayer
    JD tow behind fertilizer spreader
    Home made pallet forks
    Home made 3 pt A frame with suitcase weight bracket and trailer hitch
    48 inch Taylor Way tiller
    Cub Cadet s: 1772,1872, 1806, 1050, 128, 100,and Original 33914.
    Big tractors: IH 1066 with 2350 loader, Farmall M, Universal or Long 350.
    Chainsaws: Husqvarna 2-XP357's, XP254,and a 51

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #34
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:13 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Looks like the tiller did a fine job,, Yep walk behind tiller would have done the same job. But I'm pretty sure riding the tractor was a lot , lot easier.

Moron maybe like me didn't buy the tractor and tiller till later in life.

Guessing your wife has a vacuum cleaner or some type floor cleaner or you own a automatic washing machine, clothes dryer and many other items to help make her life easier.

Agree these items are used about every day , tiller only a couple times a year.

Just remember the sofa isn't as comfortable as your bed if you mention any of the items I listed.

You bought the wrong sofa.
    Kennyd, Gizmo2, Tomfive and 13 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rtgt For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (05-14-2019)

8. Top | #35

Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ttazzman View Post
    My gal is a good one....when i buy something tractor/implement/gun etc..... She asks "should i be excited about this purchase" ....i usually answer yes.... and she gets excited about it...

I imagine the resale value on the Tiller.........is higher than the resale value on the wife...
    When I buy an implement mine goes and picks the one she thinks is best. She drives the salesman nuts. When I buy a new gun she thinks that means she can also buy a new gun. Or if she likes the one I just bought she gives it to herself. Then tells me I can borrow it. She bought a pink AR15 at the gun show. I won't be borrowing that. What has the world come to when they sell pink AR15s?
    Last edited by duramaxsky; 05-15-2019 at 12:12 AM.
    Gizmo2, Tomfive, PaDave and 15 others like this.

9. Top | #36
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifterbike View Post
    she must be related to my wife....
    pretty sure my wife is related to uns too. as i get called a Moron a lot with anything related to tractors

Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    I have spent a lot of time on here in spells. My wife asked me one time if I was getting sent naked pics on here. Then she asked me how many members were women. I said, “Since they are sending me naked pictures, I hope all of them.”

in the beginning of being on here, my woman had sneaking suspicions of why i was on this site so much every day
    but once she talked to ole giz-all them suspicions was over.

having lots of implements is the best thing everexcept ice-cream
    Gizmo2, Tomfive, PaDave and 11 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

10. Top | #37
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kennell View Post
    Wife says i'm a moron. I bought a tiller.
    The last time my wife called me a moron, I bought another tractor...
    2016 X739, 2018 1025R, 60D mmm Auto Conn, FEL, BH, Frontier Forks, Woods finish mower, CF Box Blade, Taylor Way TP 923 Rotary Tiller, County Line Landscape Rake, County Line Auger, Ratchet Rake, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks and Differential Pedal, and a few home-made contraptions to attach.
    Refugee from the Kingdom of Orange Tractors

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Kubar For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (05-15-2019)

12. Top | #38

Last Online
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks
    When I was a teenager, I used to till the garden with a fork and rake. I did a pretty damn good job and it was all over in an hour or two. Nice workout.

In my twenties, I got my own place an bought a front tine tiller that beat the hell out of me, but I could handle it.

In my thirties, I got a Troybilt combo tiller/cultivator which promised me that I would "Create the property of my dreams!". It didn't.

In my forties, I got a Husqvarna rear tine tiller, finally I had found tilling Nirvana.

In my fifties, that Husqvarna was beating the daylights out of me (mostly due to rocks) and I started to look at options for my lawn tractor - this lead me to the 1025R and my KK XB 48" tiller. It is heavenly. If only I had that when I was preparing my vineyard! I should have bought it sooner.

Each implement had its place as it was a match for my resources and pain threshold at the time.

You are not a moron, you have finally seen the light!
    Gizmo2, Tomfive, rtgt and 11 others like this.
    Jonathan

2016 1025R FITLB : OTC (winter only) : AF10F front blade : Titan 42" forks : 60" First Choice RFM : KK 48" Tiller : EA 60" Pine Straw Rake : 60" Landscape Rake : Pat's Hooks : HH w/ 12 42# weights : KK Ripper/Potato Plow : Loaded Rears with 50# weights : Ken's Hooks, springs and straps : HH Tooth Bar : Edge Tamers
    2014 X320 : Johnny Plow/Johnny Bucket : Bagger

13. Top | #39

Last Online
    05-16-2019 @ 09:38 AM
    Thanks
    I am sure you are just getting started? If not that is gonna be some expensive vegies.

Anyhow, if you tried that here you would sink in the muck. It must be raining every other day.

BTW what are you gonna do with all that rhubarb? Here, if I am going to even give it away, I have to deliver it.
    Gizmo2, Tomfive, rtgt and 6 others like this.

14. Top | #40
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:13 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dianedebuda View Post
    Grrrr.

FG, Pedals2Paddles, are you seeing this?

Quote Originally Posted by steveontheridge2 View Post
    Yeah, I've got both too. Used a '83 Horse for years before
    I got my tractor and tiller. That thing bucked like Bocephus and would run away like Carl Lewis from singing the national anthem. Beat the absolute crap out of me every time I used it. I'm talking red headed step child stuff. That walk behind tiller stuff is for young men only. Good riddance. Thing was dangerous.

When I first started reading your post I thought we were still talking about women.....

My wife has figured out that without the proper tool, the job just doesn't get done.

Way back when, I had a walk behind tiller. Nope, not going to make that mistake again.

We have talked about a garden, and where to put said garden, and some point during the discussion she asked "how much is the whatever you're gonna need for the tractor gonna cost". She is pretty smart.

You're not a moron, your just a guy. Sometimes that's what our wives call us when they just don't understand.
    Gizmo2, Tomfive, rydplrs and 9 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast