bolt on bucket edge
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: bolt on bucket edge

  1. Top | #1
    Daveb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    SE North Dakota
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts

    bolt on bucket edge

    HI all,
    This is my solution to avoid wearing out the original edge on my loader bucket. It's a 1/2" x 6" double bevel edge with chamfered square holes that is attached with 1/2" plow bolts. I cut the excess bolts off so I didn't have the excess sticking up inside the bucket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06019.JPG   DSC06020.JPG  
    mjncad, Gizmo2, Levi and 4 others like this.
    2011 2320 w/R4's, 3rd SCV
    imatch hitch. Soft side cab
    47" front mount snow blower
    200cx FEL w/ 54" dirt bucket - added a 1/2" x 6" DBL Bevel Bolt on Cutting Edge
    42"tined utility bucket w/ grapple
    54" JD 3pt blade w/ hydraulic swivel
    Hydraulic Dump trailer 48" W x 72" L X 24" Deep w/cap of 4500 lbs
    2011 D110 w/ bagger, 42" 2-stage blower
    2016 x380 w/ 48" deep body deck and powerflow bagger
    91 STX38 - this was my Father-in-Law's lawn mower

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,464
    Thanks
    1,122
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Very nice! I'm curious what the cost was for the cutting edge. I'm toying with the idea of buying a Pirahnna straight cutting edge but they come to around $350 shipped.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  4. Top | #3
    jdmich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Location
    North/East of Davison, Michigan
    Posts
    3,625
    Thanks
    634
    Thanked 387 Times in 302 Posts
    Got mine from Deere Dealer but don't remember what I paid for it. Toooo long ago.
    Thanks Bob
    Fire trucks are Red/Tractors are Green

    2005 JD 790. 419 FEL, Frontier Forks, 6' brush Hog, back blade,7'FEL Snowplow.
    1963 JD 4010. 7' Lucknow 3pt Snowblower
    JD 24T Baler
    JD 14T Baler
    2013 JD 825i-Cab,winch,led lights 6' Snowplow.
    1951 JD MT.
    2011 JD Z445

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,464
    Thanks
    1,122
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmich View Post
    Got mine from Deere Dealer but don't remember what I paid for it. Toooo long ago.
    Thanks - after thinking about this cutting edge I realized that it looks very similar to the cutting edges on the larger loaders. I just don't know where a vendor for that kind of stuff is around here.

    And another thought occured to me - if I instal a cutting edge like that my bolt-on tooth bar won't fit anymore.

    My cutting edge is getting kind of beat up after plowing snow for 7 years now. I was going to buy a snow pusher to take the bucket out of the snow removal thing but finances just won't allow it this year. Looks like a bolt-on cutting edge may be my only option if I still want to use my tooth bar - or find a nice cheap 61" bucket.....
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  7. Top | #5
    Daveb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:40 AM
    Location
    SE North Dakota
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 47 Times in 36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Very nice! I'm curious what the cost was for the cutting edge. I'm toying with the idea of buying a Pirahnna straight cutting edge but they come to around $350 shipped.
    The company I work for makes these for a number of OEM's and I just found one that was too long with a decent hole spacing and then after getting it mounted I marked it and cut it off in my metal band saw. I ended up with less than $100 in it
    mjncad, Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    2011 2320 w/R4's, 3rd SCV
    imatch hitch. Soft side cab
    47" front mount snow blower
    200cx FEL w/ 54" dirt bucket - added a 1/2" x 6" DBL Bevel Bolt on Cutting Edge
    42"tined utility bucket w/ grapple
    54" JD 3pt blade w/ hydraulic swivel
    Hydraulic Dump trailer 48" W x 72" L X 24" Deep w/cap of 4500 lbs
    2011 D110 w/ bagger, 42" 2-stage blower
    2016 x380 w/ 48" deep body deck and powerflow bagger
    91 STX38 - this was my Father-in-Law's lawn mower

  8. Top | #6
    DeereNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    08-27-2018 @ 03:14 PM
    Location
    East Bend, NC
    Posts
    395
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Thanks - after thinking about this cutting edge I realized that it looks very similar to the cutting edges on the larger loaders. I just don't know where a vendor for that kind of stuff is around here.

    And another thought occured to me - if I instal a cutting edge like that my bolt-on tooth bar won't fit anymore.

    My cutting edge is getting kind of beat up after plowing snow for 7 years now. I was going to buy a snow pusher to take the bucket out of the snow removal thing but finances just won't allow it this year. Looks like a bolt-on cutting edge may be my only option if I still want to use my tooth bar - or find a nice cheap 61" bucket.....
    BXpanded makes a straight edged cutting bar. It's not on their site but if you call, you can get one. I just order a Piranha for my 53" bucket! Can't wait for it to get here!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Levi likes this.
    --DeereNC

    2025R, 62D MMM, H130 FEL, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks, Bxpanded Tooth Bar, more to come...
    Implements: Woods TS52 tiller

    Stihl MS261C worked over by Mastermind Work Saws, FS45C
    Dolmar PS3410TH
    Redmax EBZ8500RH

  9. Top | #7
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,464
    Thanks
    1,122
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveb View Post
    The company I work for makes these for a number of OEM's and I just found one that was too long with a decent hole spacing and then after getting it mounted I marked it and cut it off in my metal band saw. I ended up with less than $100 in it
    Thanks - i'll have to keep my eye out for a similar deal.

    Quote Originally Posted by DeereNC View Post
    BXpanded makes a straight edged cutting bar. It's not on their site but if you call, you can get one. I just order a Piranha for my 53" bucket! Can't wait for it to get here!

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    That's what I meant by the Piranha bar. I did contact bxpanded and found out the plain edge bar is the same price as the tooth bar. Just trying to find a more budget minded solution for now.
    Levi, DeereNC and Marlin like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  10. Top | #8
    glc
    glc is offline
    glc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:24 PM
    Location
    Big Beaver,Pa
    Posts
    5,317
    Thanks
    523
    Thanked 411 Times in 369 Posts
    Coaltrain, I don't remember exact price, but the cutting edge for the 61" bucket isn't too much more than 100.00. I'm not sure if they make it for smaller buckets, so you would have to cut the length down. It would have to be cut down from both sides as to not interfere with the outer most mounting holes.
    Greg from western pa



    2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

    2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

    MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

    MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to glc For This Useful Post:

    coaltrain (03-28-2015)

  12. Top | #9
    coaltrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Location
    NW Penna
    Posts
    20,464
    Thanks
    1,122
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Coaltrain, I don't remember exact price, but the cutting edge for the 61" bucket isn't too much more than 100.00. I'm not sure if they make it for smaller buckets, so you would have to cut the length down. It would have to be cut down from both sides as to not interfere with the outer most mounting holes.
    Thanks Greg - looks like this may be a good option for me.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

  13. Top | #10
    robpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 05:35 AM
    Location
    Bloomingdale, NJ which is in the north east part of NJ
    Posts
    1,231
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 163 Times in 114 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Very nice! I'm curious what the cost was for the cutting edge. I'm toying with the idea of buying a Pirahnna straight cutting edge but they come to around $350 shipped.
    I have the 73" HD Bucket for my 990 with the 300CX FEL. It had the holes already in the bucket. I bought the cutting edge from JD and I believe if my memory is correct it was probably under $100 or right at $100 and it was double edged and came with all the bolts and fit the bucket to perfection. I like it getting the wear and tear instead of the bucket.
    BigJim55 and Daveb like this.
    Rob

    second owner of '05' John Deere 990 CUT with the following:
    JD 300CX FEL
    JD 8B BH
    JD PF
    Artillian PF with 2" reciever hitch adapter
    JD BB
    SpeeCo 3PH Wood Splitter
    Also an independent SplitFire Wood splitter

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •