Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Flail Mower with Hydraulic Side Shift Question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Thanks

Flail Mower with Hydraulic Side Shift Question

Would like to mount a 48 inch flail mower on my 1025R but since it has no rear controls, I'm wondering if anyone has done this and what solution they came up with - hopefully something that doesn't break the bank.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:00 AM
    Thanks
    Shouldn't be a problem at all. You get just get longer supply lines and disconnect the dump/rollback on the loader and connect to those two lines and be able to shift the mower with the loader valve.
    rtgt likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 05:04 AM
    Thanks
    You can add a rear hydraulics, or just use the mid hydraulic outlets.
    rtgt likes this.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejb69 View Post
    You can add a rear hydraulics, or just use the mid hydraulic outlets.
    He could also add kit BLV10948 which is a set of hoses and couplers that route the mid-SCV connections to the rear for use with rear implements. You could get this kit for $294 from GFP.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BLV10948.jpg  
    dieselshadow and rtgt like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

rtgt (05-20-2019)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I figured someone would have used the rear hydraulic lines and added a valve/lever/control. I didn't think about using the mid hydraulics, which would avoid having to buy another valve, but then $300 for an extension is not cheap either.

I have the rear hydraulic lines for the backhoe - thought those were standard but looking around I guess those come with the backhoe. So really all I need is a valve and maybe one more line I think.

Also the hydraulic line quick connectors on the JD are JD proprietary I believe?

Also not sure why this thread was moved - My question is specific to the sub compacts which is why I posted the question there.
    Last edited by Obiwan; 05-20-2019 at 09:27 PM.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    I figured someone would have used the rear hydraulic lines and added a valve/lever/control. I didn't think about using the mid hydraulics, which would avoid having to buy another valve, but then $300 for an extension is not cheap either.
    That's using the JD kit. You could certainly go to a local hydraulics shop and get them to make up a hose (or hoses) for a lot less. You wouldn't need a fancy mounting bracket on the back as you could zip-tie them in place if needed.

I have the rear hydraulic lines for the backhoe - thought those were standard but looking around I guess those come with the backhoe. So really all I need is a valve and maybe one more line I think.
    Sounds like you have the Power Beyond option which is required for the backhoe.

Also the hydraulic line quick connectors on the JD are JD proprietary I believe?
    They are "standard" Pioneer couplers. I say the word standard a bit tongue in cheek because Pioneer makes a boat load of different couplers. Any local hydraulics shop should be able to fix you up with couplers.
    rtgt likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,545 Posts
    You only need 2 hoses, not 4 like the JD kit has. I estimate about $75.

You can add a valve, there are MANY threads in the Hydraulics forum regarding this.

Those lines are called "Power Beyond", yes they are only generally there when you have a backhoe.

They are 1/4" ISO 5675 "AG" style couplers for the mids, 1/2" for the rear PB connections. Pretty standard in the industry.

Also not sure why this thread was moved - My question is specific to the sub compacts which is why I posted the question there.
    I moved it, there is nothing you asked that is specific to a subcompact. The same exact question could be from someone with a 4-series that wants to run side-shift flail and has no rear remotes.
    See comments above.
    rtgt, Oscar Leroy and trboxman like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,178 Times in 835 Posts
    Like me, sorta.

I have rear hydraulics, but I am waiting till we get to the side-shift flail mower......

What brand are you looking at?
    trboxman likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Titan. Seems pretty cost effective.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-14-2019 @ 08:18 PM
    Thanks
    Titan. Seems pretty cost effective.
    I have one of their non-side shift EFGC-175 flails, they label it as an FMWR but it's a generic EFGC. I made several modifications to how it mounts so that it would be iMatch compatible and to shift the 3 point tower more to the drive belt side so that it is permanently shifted to hang about a foot or so off to the right of the tractor. When I first started looking I thought I wanted hydro side sift as well, but with the way I have it set up I don't need it. As for the quality of the flail, it's smooth running, the welds aren't bad for cheap chinese stuff, the allen head screws that hold the rear roller bearings and the roller scraper were put on with an impact gun and while not completely buggered up are a bit chewed, you'll need to be careful not to strip the head. I can't speak to longevity, I have about 8 hours of run time on it but nothing is messed up yet and I'm running it hard cutting as much brush as I'm cutting grass. I suspect that the bearings for the roller and the bearings for the rotor will be the first items that fail given my prior experience with chinese bearings.
    2038R
    72" MMM, iMatch Quick Hitch, RB2072 rear blade, BB2072 box blade, PHD200 w/9" auger, AF10F front blade, AP12F pallet forks, ballast box, Heavy Hitch, Titan 68" flail mower, Fit Rite TnT
    Z930M, 60" MOD, adjustable suspension seat
    The ranch has:
    1 flaming redheaded wife, 2 semi-feral children, 4 barn cats, 3 pups, 3 horses, 1 donkey, 1 duck and a dozen chickens

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast