Titan pallet fork options for SCUT. My recent experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Titan pallet fork options for SCUT. My recent experience.

  1. Top | #1
    MacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    517
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 56 Times in 45 Posts

    Titan pallet fork options for SCUT. My recent experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by MowJoe View Post
    23ft of old power pole no problem for the forks and the 1025r!



    GTT is a really great forum site. I have to believe that ALL the answers are here somewhere. I have a lot to learn about these tractors, and especially their attachments. The volume of possibilities out there is dizzying. Gotta have a resource to dig through to keep from buying something stupid.

    As I was cruising the "What did you do with your SCUT today?" forum, I ran across the above post from about 18 months ago. I had just ordered this identical Titan Pallet Fork attachment about a week ago from Amazon. It was exactly what I need and had a very large number of extraordinarily positive reviews. I needed one, so I ordered it. It's currently in transit (in Cedar Rapids ATM). Upon the post-purchase reflection that many of us do after spending $500 on a mail order purchase, I went back and looked more closely at the specs. It doesn't specifically mention that it fits the 120R loader that I have on my 1023E. It does say that it fits the H120. When I went to Titan's website, they have a very similar pallet fork attachment, a little more expensive, and almost the same model number (couple of extra letters), but it looks quite a bit different. The weight of the two units is about the same...106 lbs for the mounting frame...total weight 284 lbs with forks.

    Intrigued, I emailed Titan customer service on Saturday evening asking about the difference between the two pallet fork attachments. Interestingly, they emailed me back early Sunday morning, and then again with another followup this morning (Memorial Day). They are different attachments with some different specs (the Titan-Amazon version has a 3000 lb capacity compared to 4300 lb for the Titan-Titan version). As it turns out, the Titan version listed on Amazon is a Chinese import whereas the one they sell on the Titan website is the Made-in-USA version.

    I ordered from Amazon entirely for ease and convenience of the ordering process. Had I known it was a Chinese import, I would have bought the USA-version because the prices were very similar and...well...'Merica. At that point, I was now more concerned about whether or not the one I bought would actually fit a 120R loader. Sure enough, cruising GTT, I ran across the above post which shows the imported version of that Titan pallet fork attachment (same one that I bought) sitting snugly on a 120R loader just as if it belonged there. I also found a YouTube video that was even more specific and reassuring.



    Bottom line:
    • both versions are highly customer rated
    • both versions are about the same price (hard to keep with Titan's pricing on their web site...always some kind of sale going on)
    • both have the 2" receiver hitch built in (which I have to have for the attachment to optimally fulfill its mission)
    • Titan's customer service is outstanding
    • GTT is a fantastic place for information on John Deere tractors
    Last edited by MacCool; 05-27-2019 at 11:39 AM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 03:13 PM
    Location
    FL panhandle
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I bought the same for my 1025R. I also ordered from Amazon, but only because it was cheaper when I was looking and I thought they were the same one. (A lot of sellers double list on Amazon just to reach more people). As soon as I ordered it, when I looked on palletforks.com again, there it was $50 cheaper than they were selling on Amazon. Don't know why it didn't show up before. I contacted palletforks and they gave me $50 in points. I'm happy with it so far. It is a bit heavy for the 1025 - I tried lifting a pallet full of kitty litter and couldn't do it. Had to offload some by hand first. But i've used it for other things, like moving furniture, plywood, etc, and it worked great.

  4. Top | #3
    MacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    517
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 56 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    I bought the same for my 1025R. I also ordered from Amazon, but only because it was cheaper when I was looking and I thought they were the same one. (A lot of sellers double list on Amazon just to reach more people). As soon as I ordered it, when I looked on palletforks.com again, there it was $50 cheaper than they were selling on Amazon. Don't know why it didn't show up before. I contacted palletforks and they gave me $50 in points. I'm happy with it so far. It is a bit heavy for the 1025 - I tried lifting a pallet full of kitty litter and couldn't do it. Had to offload some by hand first. But i've used it for other things, like moving furniture, plywood, etc, and it worked great.

    I looked at several forks looking for something lighter. CID, EA, Frontier, HLA, Artillian all had good options running about 60-80 lbs lighter...but all started at around $600 before shipping, and none of them had a 2" receiver hitch welded in - something I really needed. I figured that I'd be better off paying the $529 including shipping and sacrificing the weight.


    .
    Last edited by MacCool; 05-27-2019 at 04:06 PM.
    SulleyBear, PJR832, kylew and 1 others like this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,185
    Thanks
    1,429
    Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,434 Posts
    Every extra pound of weight on the forks is one pound less lifting capacity. Whether the forks have a 3,000 or a 4,000 pound capacity rating really is insignificant on a loader with an advertised 754 pound lifting limit......Will you reach the lifting limit of your loader? I would bet on it. I reach it often......

    Forks are made with what some consider a "low weight limit" but the limit is still higher than the loader's capacity in most cases I have seen. I can't recall someone "damaging" their forks but some are also used in extreme ways to pry stumps out of the ground, etc. There are ways where you could exert more force on the forks than they are rated for, especially on the lighter weight forks.

    Everything which hangs on the FEL needs to be carefully considered for its weight. Many of the snow pushers and other such implements are near or beyond the capacity of the FEL on the SCUTS......being aware of the Grapples total weight is very important as you don't want to consume much of the FEL's lift capacity with the implement weight.

    Front End Loaders | 120R Loader | John Deere US

    1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

    John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

    ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products





  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    1,922
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 220 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
    I looked at several forks looking for something lighter. CID, EA, Frontier, HLA, Artillian all had good options running about 60-80 lbs lighter...but all started at around $600 before shipping, and none of them had a 2" receiver hitch welded in - something I really needed. I figured that I'd be better off paying the $529 including shipping and sacrificing the weight.


    .
    You missed it, Artillian offers a 2” receiver hitch in their 3000K rated frame

    https://artillian.com/JDQA_PalletForkSets.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 093111F1-C0B8-4785-9A1B-A0A7B382046A.jpeg  
    theduke, Herminator and Bumper like this.
    2004-L130

    2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

  8. Top | #6
    MacCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    517
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 56 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    You missed it, Artillian offers a 2” receiver hitch in their 3000K rated frame

    https://artillian.com/JDQA_PalletForkSets.htm
    No, I saw it, but at well more than twice the price and only 40 lbs lighter....wasn't interested. I do not need forks that badly. The 40 lb weight difference isn't that important to me...we only have two cats and don't need that much kitty litter.
    Herminator, PJR832, kylew and 1 others like this.

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:41 PM
    Location
    SWVA
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 26 Times in 16 Posts
    Very interesting. I got the Titans, Amazon type model, but I think I got them from palletforks.com.

    They are perfectly fine for what they do; I'll sacrifice a few pounds of loader capacity for saving some money.

    Are those 48" forks? They look huge! I got 42's, BTW. I can pick up and carry them fine, but 48's might be a problem.
    Herminator, PJR832 and kylew like this.

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    1,922
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 220 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
    No, I saw it, but at well more than twice the price and only 40 lbs lighter....wasn't interested. I do not need forks that badly. The 40 lb weight difference isn't that important to me...we only have two cats and don't need that much kitty litter.
    My comment was not based on price or cost-you stated that a 2” hitch receiver was not available on another model aside from the Titan-I bolded your text when I quoted it, but there obviously is and I posted a link and picture for it.. I only point this out for clarity and information for anyone else reading the thread, not an attempt to call you out or anything personal-please don’t think I was.

    FWIW if all I needed was a set of forks and I didn’t need the modular nature or weight savings offered by Artillian I would have considered Titan as well-but with my needs Artillian was my only choice and despite the cost I still couldn’t be happier.
    SulleyBear, Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    2004-L130

    2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

  11. Top | #9
    Plug Ugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Location
    NE Iowa
    Posts
    553
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 98 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post

    Forks are made with what some consider a "low weight limit" but the limit is still higher than the loader's capacity in most cases I have seen. I can't recall someone "damaging" their forks but some are also used in extreme ways to pry stumps out of the ground, etc. There are ways where you could exert more force on the forks than they are rated for, especially on the lighter weight forks.
    I bent the frame on my Titan forks, but I was abusing them with a 5 series. I don't think you could do what I did to mine with 3 or 4 series, and certainly not with a 1 or 2 series. The bigger issue I found during the autopsy and repair was the unacceptable weld quality hidden by heavy powder coating. Mine had cracked welds before they were powder coated.

    I also bought my forks off Amazon, before I knew anything about Titan. It was also before they sold a made in USA option. They are probably still acceptable for the smaller tractors in strength if they are all you can afford, but I wouldn't walk under them.

  12. Top | #10
    Zebrafive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    South West Michigan
    Posts
    7,276
    Thanks
    1,534
    Thanked 607 Times in 533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Every extra pound of weight on the forks is one pound less lifting capacity. Whether the forks have a 3,000 or a 4,000 pound capacity rating really is insignificant on a loader with an advertised 754 pound lifting limit......Will you reach the lifting limit of your loader? I would bet on it. I reach it often......

    Forks are made with what some consider a "low weight limit" but the limit is still higher than the loader's capacity in most cases I have seen. I can't recall someone "damaging" their forks but some are also used in extreme ways to pry stumps out of the ground, etc. There are ways where you could exert more force on the forks than they are rated for, especially on the lighter weight forks.

    Everything which hangs on the FEL needs to be carefully considered for its weight. Many of the snow pushers and other such implements are near or beyond the capacity of the FEL on the SCUTS......being aware of the Grapples total weight is very important as you don't want to consume much of the FEL's lift capacity with the implement weight.

    Front End Loaders | 120R Loader | John Deere US
    Agreed, 4000lb rating is overkill for 754lb loader lift capacity. I would want double the loader capacity, so if one fork gets loaded the frame should still handle the load and not twist or bend
    SulleyBear and PJR832 like this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •