• 2 Post By SulleyBear
  • 2 Post By Zebrafive

Thread: Brush Cutter dolly ideas

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-02-2019 @ 04:54 AM
    Thanks

Brush Cutter dolly ideas

Ive been using HF furniture dollys to move around my Frontier RC2048 and they work fine until I lowered my tail wheel because I thought it was cutting to short. Now my tail wheel rest on the ground and makes it a little bit more difficult move. I tried to put an additional 4x4 on the dolly, only problem in I can't raise the brush cutter that high off the ground. So Im curious to see what anybody else does in this situation.

Thanks
    John Deere Z540R
    John Deere 1023E
    iMatch
    120R Loader
    54D Mid-Mount Mower
    RC2048 Rotary Cutter
    RT1140 Rototiller
    R2 Edge Tamers
    Kens Bolt On Hooks
    EA Pine Needle Rake

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Thanks
    One thought, replace the bolt/nut that you use to adjust the height of the tail wheel with a pin and hairpin clip or lynch pin. While in use, there isn't much chance something will hit it and rip it off. While you park it on your dollys, you can easily raise and re-pin the wheel higher for parking.

I use a pallet to park mine on and once tried to mount casters but it was too high to attach to the 3 point. I think they were 3" casters. I want to try 2" or 1.5" casters when I get some time. Even then, if your wheel is lower, I would think the same problem would exist.
    SulleyBear, Yank and Jason Steel like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-03-2019 @ 08:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Steel View Post
    Ive been using HF furniture dollys to move around my Frontier RC2048 and they work fine until I lowered my tail wheel because I thought it was cutting to short. Now my tail wheel rest on the ground and makes it a little bit more difficult move. I tried to put an additional 4x4 on the dolly, only problem in I can't raise the brush cutter that high off the ground. So Im curious to see what anybody else does in this situation.

Thanks
    I use a 2x6 just a tad longer than the bush hog is wide and sit the hog onto it right at the front skid. Underneath, I've 3 METAL castors at each end. On top I have 3 ell brackets to determine where the sides of the skid should go. With 3 castors underneath each end, the 2x6 will stand by itself to allow me to lower the hog onto it.

Ralph
    Jason Steel likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:54 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Steel View Post

Thanks
    I don't move my RC2048 when its parked. It ends up with 4x4 under the front two corners of the deck and that's how it's parked.........I like Kyle's idea of using a pin (I would take it one step further and make it a hitch pin with the T handle on top for easy pulling) and then when you do park it, you could pull the pin and actually raise the rear wheel and insert the hitch pin through the hole in the tail wheel frame and prop the tail wheel so it's well above the deck level.......the tail wheel frame could rest on the hitch pin when its inserted so the rear wheel can be lifted as high as needed.......
    Zebrafive and kylew like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Thanks
    Mine is stored outside. But the tractor gets a spot in the barn.
    BigJim55 and Oscar Leroy like this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements