Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Titan implements

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Thanks

Titan implements

I see a lot of different post concerning the various Titan implements but my question is very basic and singular for the most part.......how is their quality overall? I am thinking of their box blade and maybe rear ballast box and maybe some other things in the future from them. TN located and made in the USA I hope is a plus.

So fire away on responses to the build quality. And as always, thank you for taking the time to respond.
    JD4044M likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 02:42 PM
    Thanks
    I got the Titan frame for my forks. It's more 3D model; the vertical supports are boxy rather than thick plate steel in just 1 or 2 dimensions.

Ehhhhhhhh, I wouldn't pay any more for it that what I did.

Finish quality is good, but it's not JD green. Seems to be a thick powdercoat. So thick I have some trouble moving the forks but it's getting better. I'm learning where to kick them LOL. Weld quality is what a sophmore in high school could do. Splatter is evident, and there's no "row of dimes" pattern anywhere. It's also not watertight along the welds. If I leave it out in the rain (only happened a couple of times) I do get some drainage when I tilt the forks.

It fits the JDQA just fine, pins and holes line up great, and the cups or whatever at the top are neither too small nor too big. The 120 loader just bumps right on.

The Titan frame is light enough (75#?) I can pick it up and move it myself. I like that! Sometimes it's just easier to put the frame on by hand after dropping the bucket.

It came via freight (free?) I think, on a small pallet and was decently wrapped up in cardboard. It did get a little beat up in shipping, but not bad. Every fall I wire brush the bad spots and prime and paint. No structural distortion at all. I feel it can handle the load easily with the capacity of the 120 loader.

Would I buy another one? Yes. Are there better ones? Maybe. But for me it's at the intersection of "good enough" and "best price".

42 Trailer Receiver Hitch, Fits John Deere Loader

I think I got this one^^^^^^^^^^ The trailer hitch receiver is great! SOOOOOOO much better to move a trailer by pushing it. No more stiff neck and you can spot it perfectly.
    Last edited by 9MMMAC; 05-30-2019 at 10:35 AM.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMMAC View Post

Ehhhhhhhh, I wouldn't pay any more for it that what I did.

Would I buy another one? Yes. Are there better ones? Maybe. But for me it's at the intersection of "good enough" and "best price".
    same here. I got 3000lb/48" forks/bale spear combo. At a distance, they're fine as far as looks, but up close the welds and finish aren't super pretty. Overall, it works as designed, and it has a pretty good price for what you get.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,549 Posts
    There are two different Titan companies, and both are in TN, can you please post a link to the specific one your looking at?

One makes most things in the USA, and the other imports most things from China and resells them cheaply.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

mark02tj (05-31-2019)

8. Top | #5
    SRG
    Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    See post #6.
    Last edited by SRG; 05-30-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    Herminator likes this.

1997 JD 870 (28hp Yanmar), FWA, R1's, 300x loader, 61" bucket, 42" Titan forks, Pat's Easy Change.
    [72" KK box blade, 72" KK landscape rake, 72" Titan pine straw rake, 72" Express Steel snow pusher{XP24}, 60" KK tiller, 60" rotary cutter, middle buster, boom pole]
    2004 JD 797 (29hp Kawasaki) Z-Trak, 72" 7-Iron deck, Mulch blades, Carlisle AT101's.
    Stihl: MS250C/18", FS70R, HS45/18".

9. Top | #6
    SRG
    Last Online
    10-06-2019 @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    There are two different Titan companies, and both are in TN, can you please post a link to the specific one your looking at?

One makes most things in the USA, and the other imports most things from China and resells them cheaply.
    Ohhh, good catch...

Welcome to Titan Implement

Titan Attachments - PalletForks.com - 800-605-8241

The latter of the two links (palletforks.com), will be the Titan that 99% of the people on here will be referring too, myself included. I have no info about the other placed based in Decatur TN.
    Last edited by SRG; 05-30-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    Herminator likes this.

1997 JD 870 (28hp Yanmar), FWA, R1's, 300x loader, 61" bucket, 42" Titan forks, Pat's Easy Change.
    [72" KK box blade, 72" KK landscape rake, 72" Titan pine straw rake, 72" Express Steel snow pusher{XP24}, 60" KK tiller, 60" rotary cutter, middle buster, boom pole]
    2004 JD 797 (29hp Kawasaki) Z-Trak, 72" 7-Iron deck, Mulch blades, Carlisle AT101's.
    Stihl: MS250C/18", FS70R, HS45/18".

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post

Had no idea there were two!!! Here is the link where I was looking:

Herminator likes this.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Thanks
    I can't attest to their quality or lack of, but I can attest to "Made in the USA." Titan Implements, LLC...and be careful here, there a a few Titan's mentioned in various threads!... has their corporate office and a manufacturing facility in Decatur, TN, about 30 miles from me. They just opened a second plant in Athens, TN, where I live, about 15 miles from me. When the Athens facility was being set up, I saw lathes, milling machines, CNC equipment, etc. being moved in, as well as raw materials. Both plants have rows and rows of finished products in their yards. I believe their product is actually "Made in the USA."

Let me expand on that "Made in the USA" a little. I worked for a company that made large rubber and plastic processing equipment. In the early '90's they started buying parts from Taiwan, India, England, and many other off shore facilities. Parts came in, were inspected, then assembled & tested. Just prior to the finished machine being loaded on a truck for shipment to a customer, a "Made in USA" label was placed on it. To me, it should have read, Assembled in USA from parts made all over the world." Be cautious of "Made in the USA" labels! Bob
    '80 317 w/18hp B&S and divert valve for rear hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, 5' york rake
    '82 314 w/rear PTO for tiller
    33 tiller
    49 thrower
    54 4 way blade
    Mod 48 deck & Mod 462 TracVac

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,559 Times in 1,279 Posts

Titan Attachments - PalletForks.com - 800-605-8241

Big difference between the two.

That said, I also have the pallet fork/spear combo, they are what they are. I will say that when I bought mine they were significantly cheaper, their prices have been creeping up, not hard to spend a couple of hundred more on better quality and less weight. If I were buying today and only needed pallet forks I would buy the Frontier.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,549 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msheron View Post
    Had no idea there were two!!! Here is the link where I was looking:

I think you'll find anything they sell to be of good quality. The "other" Titan sells things of questionable quality as has already been mentioned.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast