1.5” wheel spacers with 54D mower deck?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GasKing

Thread: 1.5” wheel spacers with 54D mower deck?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    06-11-2019 @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks

1.5” wheel spacers with 54D mower deck?

Hi
    Just wondering if anyone is using the John Deere BM22725 1.5 Inch Spacer kit with the 54 inch deck? Any issues ? It looks like the 60 inch deck has no issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaderoffun View Post
    Hi
    Just wondering if anyone is using the John Deere BM22725 1.5 Inch Spacer kit with the 54 inch deck? Any issues ? It looks like the 60 inch deck has no issues.
    I didn’t know JD made a spacer kit. I put Bro-Tec 1.4” spacers on my 1025r. If you do a search Levi put 1.5 BT spacers on his and has some clearance issues
    2018 John Deere 1025r, Mauser cab, rear wiper, rear light, FEL, Piranah tooth bar, Heavy Hitch weight bar, 8 suitcase weights, 55 amp alternator, Kens hooks and seat springs, 54” MMM, 66” Loader mounted CTA plow, Artillian 3d function diverter kit. New Green equipment =less green in investments

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportshot2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaderoffun View Post
    Hi
    I didn’t know JD made a spacer kit. I put Bro-Tec 1.4” spacers on my 1025r. If you do a search Levi put 1.5 BT spacers on his and has some clearance issues
    Glad those worked out for you Sportshot! I too put the 1.4” on with the 54” deck and it was perfect. Did a lot of work this weekend where the added stability was a great thing to have. Good luck Loader!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 10:25 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
    Glad those worked out for you Sportshot! I too put the 1.4” on with the 54” deck and it was perfect. Did a lot of work this weekend where the added stability was a great thing to have. Good luck Loader!

I did see stability improvement with the 1.4” spacers. I still don’t feel secure on SAM on some of the steeper grades along the house so I’m going forward with the next thing SAM absolutely needs.

I found 4 50# cast weights on Craigslist which I hope to pick up on Tuesday. I really want to exchange fear into just respect when I’m using Sam on the steeper grades cutting grass. I’m already afraid of my wife I don’t want the tractor to dominate me too! (Just kidding she’s a wonderful woman )
    2018 John Deere 1025r, Mauser cab, rear wiper, rear light, FEL, Piranah tooth bar, Heavy Hitch weight bar, 8 suitcase weights, 55 amp alternator, Kens hooks and seat springs, 54” MMM, 66” Loader mounted CTA plow, Artillian 3d function diverter kit. New Green equipment =less green in investments

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 04:29 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportshot2 View Post
    I did see stability improvement with the 1.4” spacers. I still don’t feel secure on SAM on some of the steeper grades along the house so I’m going forward with the next thing SAM absolutely needs.

I found 4 50# cast weights on Craigslist which I hope to pick up on Tuesday. I really want to exchange fear into just respect when I’m using Sam on the steeper grades cutting grass. I’m already afraid of my wife I don’t want the tractor to dominate me too! (Just kidding she’s a wonderful woman [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/gttwhip.gif[/IMG])
    Haha.. Well I'm sure 200lbs of weight on the rear wheels won't hurt. Still some runway with adding weight, ultimately you can put 2x75 + 4x50 + 2x filled tires and get to ~550 extra pounds on the wheels. Combined with spacers I'm sure you will reach the 'respect' phase at some point soon. Also, with the rider creating a higher center of gravity, a lighter wallet in the back pocket will help with stability as well [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lolol.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lolol.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lolol.gif[/IMG].
    Last edited by GasKing; 06-10-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Error
    Sportshot2 likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    06-11-2019 @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for your comments and experience .I would like to out the spacers but I am having a hard time spending the $200.00 bucks each for spacers. However If I buy the wheel weights I would rather install the spacers and the weight at the same time. It would be a real pain to put the weights on and then have to take them off to put spacers on at a later date.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements