Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kbar

Thread: Woods RB60 on a series 1

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks

Woods RB60 on a series 1

Has anybody used a Woods RB60 on a series 1? I am wondering if the limited Cat 1 can lift it high enough for me to use the tilt feature.
    Dave

1025r FILB: iMatch / JD 647 Tiller / JD LP 33814 60 Gallon Sprayer with 150" boom / LandPride CA1548 Core Aerator / Woods LR72 Landscape Rake with Titan wheel kit / King Kutter S-400-P Spreader / King Kutter Carry All / Frontier Pallet Forks / JD Ballast Box / ZTrak 915B Zero Turn / Heavy Hitch tooth bar / Frontier BB5048L Box Blade / Woods RB60 Scraper Blade

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyboardJungle View Post
    Has anybody used a Woods RB60 on a series 1? I am wondering if the limited Cat 1 can lift it high enough for me to use the tilt feature.
    Haha - I guess that I can answer my own question now that I picked up the back blade.

• It is a perfect fit on the back of the series 1. When in the tilt position, the blade is a couple of inches off the ground. It might be nice if it had a bit more clearance, but it is totally workable on the limited cat 1. I wouldn't want it to be any wider or, or it might not clear. (Like I've heard on the forum - if you need to use bigger implements, then you need to get a bigger tractor.)
    • It is quick hitch compatible
    • The back/scraper blade fills a different niche than, and nicely compliments a box blade. It is especially useful for smoothing out ground that has been loosened with the box blade - spin it around 180 degrees and use it to back drag.
    • I find it much easier to back drag with the back blade than with the FEL bucket. Probably easier on the machine too.
    • I have to cut a swail this fall. If the ground is soft enough, I would rather pull a pin and change the tilt on the back blade than use the box blade and mess with the link on the 3 point arms... I think...
    Dave

1025r FILB: iMatch / JD 647 Tiller / JD LP 33814 60 Gallon Sprayer with 150" boom / LandPride CA1548 Core Aerator / Woods LR72 Landscape Rake with Titan wheel kit / King Kutter S-400-P Spreader / King Kutter Carry All / Frontier Pallet Forks / JD Ballast Box / ZTrak 915B Zero Turn / Heavy Hitch tooth bar / Frontier BB5048L Box Blade / Woods RB60 Scraper Blade

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Thanks
    I have the frontier blade and love it for road maintenance. Iím also excited to use it for snow this winter. An angled blade is way more versatile than a box imo, and it takes a minute to get used to but in the right hands, itís a mini road grader. Very useful tool. Also, cutting a swale should be a breeze. Thatís a nice blade. Have fun
    KeyboardJungle likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    I have the frontier blade and love it for road maintenance. Iím also excited to use it for snow this winter. An angled blade is way more versatile than a box imo, and it takes a minute to get used to but in the right hands, itís a mini road grader. Very useful tool. Also, cutting a swale should be a breeze. Thatís a nice blade. Have fun
    Thanks, and yes - I'm also looking forward to moving snow with it.
    Dave

7. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,329 Times in 2,601 Posts
    Closed this duplicate thread. Please donít start more than one thread about the same thing. It gets very confusing as to who, what, when, why, and where.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements