Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sub Compact Utility Tractor (SCUT) Snowblower suggestions

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 10:22 PM
    Thanks

Sub Compact Utility Tractor (SCUT) Snowblower suggestions

So I'm finalizing my 2025R purchase and told the dealer to leave the snowblower off the quote because I was trying to keep the price down and was going to by used or 3rd party.

The quote came back lower than I expected (oh darn) so now I'm thinking about adding in the snowblower.

OK enough background... I'm looking for suggestions on what the best snowblower options are for a 2025R? Brand suggestions? Size suggestions?

I'd love a power chute but don't want to fork out the money for the hydraulics for it. Does any one have an electric power chute? How big can I go?

You guys nailed in on my pallet fork post so I figured I'd give this one a try too.

I'm attaching the quote for anyone that is curious. It doesn't break anything down unfortunately. Keep in mind the price is in CAD.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Evan_Bate; 06-05-2019 at 06:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Thanks
    There is the Deere 54" front mounted blower which is kinda the "ultimate" deal. Lots of people really like it. If you are looking at a (cheaper!) 3pt blower, IMO, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the brand name products.

You're in Canada so you also have an option not available to those of us in the States.

New 1025r with S1SB-54 front mount snow blower

It's essentially a 3pt blower mounted to the front of your tractor.
    Superglidesport likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    There is the Deere 54" front mounted blower which is kinda the "ultimate" deal. Lots of people really like it. If you are looking at a (cheaper!) 3pt blower, IMO, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the brand name products.

You're in Canada so you also have an option not available to those of us in the States.

New 1025r with S1SB-54 front mount snow blower

It's essentially a 3pt blower mounted to the front of your tractor.
    I have to read through that post still, but when I looked into the front mount blower it was over $5k by the time you bought everything you needed to run it. Vs the $3k for the 3pt hitch blower.

I get that the front mount and what not can be used for other stuff as well, but that is still a very large upfront cost.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks
    Not sure what your market conditions are like, but here in the Midwest, used rear 3pt can be found IF you are willing to wait. I picked up a 2YO rear SB1154 for less than 1/3 of new. It all depends on your patience and comfort with used.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    Not sure what your market conditions are like, but here in the Midwest, used rear 3pt can be found IF you are willing to wait. I picked up a 2YO rear SB1154 for less than 1/3 of new. It all depends on your patience and comfort with used.
    I've kind of been watching the market for a few months the big boy blowers can be had for $700-$1,000 if you are willing to go old enough. But 54"-60", the best I've seen is about $2k. So 2/3 the price of new.

I'd just really like a powered chute but to add that feature to a deal blower and the hydraulic add ons to make it function is a ton of money! I've seen used blowers with electric chutes but they don't really go into detail about them. So I don't really know anything about them.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:04 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan_Bate View Post
    I have to read through that post still, but when I looked into the front mount blower it was over $5k by the time you bought everything you needed to run it. Vs the $3k for the 3pt hitch blower.

I get that the front mount and what not can be used for other stuff as well, but that is still a very large upfront cost.

Cost only hurts once.
    Settling with less than you want just to save cost hurts every time you use it.
    Man was built to look forward, not backwards.
    SulleyBear likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Maphesto View Post
    Cost only hurts once.
    Settling with less than you want just to save cost hurts every time you use it.
    Man was built to look forward, not backwards.
    Absolutely agree! But I also like the idea of keeping the FEL on with the blower for dealing with slushy snow. And I found a cool idea on here to repurpose a box blade as a snow pusher!

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 AM
    Thanks
    I have too many obstacles to navigate around for a rear mounted blower. The $5K for a front mounted blower seems awfully high--even with the exchange rate difference. I paid just over $3k for my 47 Blower with all the attaching hardware. I went with the 47 rather than the 54 as it fits between things in my application. JD was running a promo if you purchased two attachments/implements with a new tractor that I was very attractive and I did take advantage of it. I believe they are running that same promo now.

As to a power chute, the 47 and the 54 both have power chute rotation (hydraulic) as a standard feature. The top chute deflector is manual as standard. JD offers two optional chute deflectors, one is a cable operated and the others is an electric linear actuator.

Most of us source a linear actuator from ebay and add the wiring/switch ourselves. Typically, less than $100.00. Some guys, who have the third SCV, go a bit overboard and weld up a mount and install a hydraulic cylinder to control the chute deflector. There are a number of threads on both, here on GTT and MTF.

I don't utilize the chute deflector very often and probably wouldn't miss it much if i didn't have it.

I really like the look and design of that S1SB-54. My question was the front Quick Hitch. Is it compatible with JD attachments or not. I never received an answer.
    Last edited by martincom; 06-06-2019 at 06:54 AM.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:40 AM
    Thanks
    Snowblowers have their place no question. Do you get enough snow from average snowfall events to make it worthwhile in purchasing a snowblower? Here in Manitoba, we don't really get huge dumps of snow in one go, (excluding one off storms/blizzards).

I have a 1025R and use the Deere 60" quick attach hydraulic angle blade, and for me it's the bees knees. I've had blowers in the past, but because we have 800 feet of gravel driveway, it seemed every spring that half my driveway was spread out over my lawn.
    Not trying to talk you out of a blower, but as you previously mentioned, if you want to keep your loader on then you have only the rear pto blowers to choose from.

I had a snow push as well ( on a much bigger tractor, 4066R)...meh..they're not all they're cracked up to be either. Seems like you're working the snow twice with the pushers.

So much to consider, amount and type of snow, type of roadway and length. It will be fun deciding. Good luck.
    Last edited by Busman; 06-06-2019 at 07:17 AM.
    Evan_Bate likes this.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Busman View Post
    Snowblowers have their place no question. Do you get enough snow from average snowfall events to make it worthwhile in purchasing a snowblower? Here in Manitoba, we don't really get huge dumps of snow in one go, (excluding one off storms/blizzards).

I have a 1025R and use the Deere 60" quick attach hydraulic angle blade, and for me it's the bees knees. I've had blowers in the past, but because we have 800 feet of gravel driveway, it seemed every spring that half my driveway was spread out over my lawn.
    Not trying to talk you out of a blower, but as you previously mentioned, if you want to keep your loader on then you have only the rear pto blowers to choose from.

I had a snow push as well ( on a much bigger tractor, 4066R)...meh..they're not all they're cracked up to be either. Seems like you're working the snow twice with the pushers.

So much to consider, amount and type of snow, type of roadway and length. It will be fun deciding. Good luck.
    My drive way is a prime candidate for drifting, that's my main reason for a blower.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast