L111 snowblower

Thread: L111 snowblower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-15-2019 @ 03:35 PM
    Thanks

L111 snowblower

Hello! I am looking around for a snowblower for my 2005 L111. I found a new in box 44 inch blower that the seller says was ordered for a 100-series lawn tractor. I tried to contact my John Deere dealer to see if the kit was compatible with my tractor, but the part number that the seller has is a kit number that is unique to every dealer, so he cannot tell me if it fits. My question is twofold.
    1 - is the L111 considered a 100 series lawn tractor?
    2 - if anybody here is good with crossmatching parts in a catalog, is the 100 series 44 inch blower kit the same frame and pulley kit as the L111?

Thank you for your help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Thanks
    The L111 is a 100-series machine.

I found a new in box 44 inch blower that the seller says was ordered for a 100-series lawn tractor.
    The blowers made for the L-1xx series machines where 42", were made from 2003-2005 and had a serial number that started with "GX0422".

When Deere switched up and the L-1xx series became the LA-1xx series, they added a 44" blower. But the LA-1xx machines could use either the 42" OR the 44". The 42" blowers were no longer made but you could mount an older one on it.

That 44" blower was also used by the D-1xx machines and is now used by the E-1xx machines. The serial number on them should all start with "M044SB".

Anyway, the 42" and 44" blowers use different mounting frames. The 42" uses frame kit ST643006. The 44" uses frame kit ST245064. The pulley kits are different too.

Soooo... I guess I don't know if a 44" will bolt up to your L111 or not. But if you are looking, I'd suggest you look for a 42" blower just to be safe.
    Last edited by JimR; 06-11-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Maybe we could brainstorm with this bit of information, and try to come to a conclusion :

When I look in the John Deere online catalog, I find, under the L111 parts, the following part under 44 inch snowblower : Frame, snowblower, 44 inch - ST245064. If I look at, for example, a LA120 parts list for the snowblower 44 inch, I find the same part number for the frame. The pulleys also seem to match up. However, I am a little bit irked when I see that the frame is a different part number for the LA135, for example.

But then, when I go look at individual parts for the bundle (for example, the parts in the frame), all the parts that are listed are either the same, or interchangeable / replaced with a different part, that seem to have been adapted for more applications, while keeping the original application compatible....

So am I correct in assuming that if the parts are listed for my L111 or the L111 listed parts are replaced by updated retro-compatible parts, this kit would fit?

I mean... I'm looking at a steal for this blower, one grand off new at dealer, and it's still on the shipping pallet... Too good to be true or I really found a blower for my tractor?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
    Maybe we could brainstorm with this bit of information, and try to come to a conclusion :

When I look in the John Deere online catalog, I find, under the L111 parts, the following part under 44 inch snowblower : Frame, snowblower, 44 inch - ST245064. If I look at, for example, a LA120 parts list for the snowblower 44 inch, I find the same part number for the frame. The pulleys also seem to match up. However, I am a little bit irked when I see that the frame is a different part number for the LA135, for example.

But then, when I go look at individual parts for the bundle (for example, the parts in the frame), all the parts that are listed are either the same, or interchangeable / replaced with a different part, that seem to have been adapted for more applications, while keeping the original application compatible....

So am I correct in assuming that if the parts are listed for my L111 or the L111 listed parts are replaced by updated retro-compatible parts, this kit would fit?

I mean... I'm looking at a steal for this blower, one grand off new at dealer, and it's still on the shipping pallet... Too good to be true or I really found a blower for my tractor?
    Huh. I messed up earlier when I looked at the L111 in JDParts. Apparently I didn't scroll down far enough and see that the 44" blower is also listed for it.

My guess is that it will work.

Regardless, it's a $1400 blower. If you can get it for $400 go buy it. If you get it assembled and figure out that it won't work, sell it for $1000 and take the $600 as your assembly fee!
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Regardless, it's a $1400 blower. If you can get it for $400 go buy it.
    LOLL well I'm in Canada, so the part is listed at Home Depot for 2200$, direct from my JD dealer at 2400... I found an ad for one at 1500. So yeah. Welcome to Canada, and duty fees.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements