• 1 Post By Wayne007
  • 1 Post By rtgt

Thread: Implement stand

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Thanks

Implement stand

So I've been thinking about a way to make a stand for my single bottom plow and was out in the garage surveying my stash of material when a lonely trailer jack caught my eye. The wheels started turning and soon it was on the plow. The only downside is, it was about an inch and a half to short to sit perfectly level when fully extended. I guess that's what 2 x 6"s are for Haven't tried it on the tractor yet but in theory it should pivot up out of the way.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CIMG1376.JPG  
    North585, Bubber, Adamq and 21 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 897 Posts

Now just don't pull a Gizmo and try pulling off with the jack down.....
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 4 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Thanks
    Now you can set your plow depth with the trailer jack! Raise it to the depth you want, head out to the field, drop the 3 point into float, and the caster wheel will ride on the unplowed surface! Sure, it will bend the second it has to go over much more than a slight bump, but it should work until then!
    Levi, BigJim55, mark02tj and 6 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I don't really have a huge need for the plow since I don't have a farm to tend to and I have the tiller for my 1025R but since the Deere has a lot of implements and the Ferguson had none I picked this up for a good price. I do plan on trying it out but it will probably spend most of it's time sitting on the skid. I was just happy to re-purpose the jack stand Didn't want the Fergy to feel unimportant.
    rtgt, BigJim55, SulleyBear and 1 others like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    I have an old plow like that...I've used it several times for cutting a trench for under ground electrical conduit. Works really nice for it!
    SulleyBear and Auguste like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne007 View Post
    So I've been thinking about a way to make a stand for my single bottom plow and was out in the garage surveying my stash of material when a lonely trailer jack caught my eye. The wheels started turning and soon it was on the plow. The only downside is, it was about an inch and a half to short to sit perfectly level when fully extended. I guess that's what 2 x 6"s are for Haven't tried it on the tractor yet but in theory it should pivot up out of the way.
    Is it stable? Easy to tip over?

I like your ingenuity in re-purposing the trailer jack!
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

1025r Tractor aka Bucky ~ New in April 2018 ~ 225 hours to date, about 13 hours per month - - - no lawn cutting

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Forks ~ Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~ DeThatcher ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,662 Times in 1,508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne007 View Post
    Does the top of the jack clear the 3 point arm when swung up for transport or plow use?

Looks like that is probably as far as you dare go with the jack towards the actual hitch pin, so you have clearance when the jack is rotated. Seems to me that corner is the direction the single bottom plows like to tip if my memory is correct.

The trailer jacks are handy for implement stands. Crank up and down to get the level and height you want. They are usually rated for much more than the implement weighs and you can pick them up on sale at HF and the farm stores quite reasonable.....and they are designed to mount of tubular frame material, so they often bolt up quite easily......

Good idea and thanks for posting!
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 06-25-2019 at 11:36 AM. Reason: swing / swung

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Auguste View Post
    Is it stable? Easy to tip over?

I like your ingenuity in re-purposing the trailer jack!
    It's actually very stable and I positioned it so that when flipped up it clears the 3pt arm. The plow didn't need much to hold it up. The only downside is at full extension I'm still about an inch and a half short. Without the wood under the wheel it's a little shaky. I also haven't tried it on the ground. I'm sure it will go through a few mods before I'm happy with it.
    rtgt likes this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Does the top of the jack clear the 3 point arm when swung up for transport or plow use?

Looks like that is probably as far as you dare go with the jack towards the actual hitch pin, so you have clearance when the jack is rotated. Seems to me that corner is the direction the single bottom plows like to tip if my memory is correct.

The trailer jacks are handy for implement stands. Crank up and down to get the level and height you want. They are usually rated for much more than the implement weighs and you can pick them up on sale at HF and the farm stores quite reasonable.....and they are designed to mount of tubular frame material, so they often bolt up quite easily......

Good idea and thanks for posting!
    I positioned it far enough back so that it clears the arm when rotated but it will probably go through a few mods before I settle on the final setup. I wish I had about 2 more inches of travel on the jack. As with all my projects I'll walk by it one day and come up with an idea
    rtgt likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:21 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,256 Times in 897 Posts
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HB-158451.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	692816
    Wayne007 likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements