• 1 Post By PJR832
  • 1 Post By jgayman

Thread: Front mounted snowblower on 2025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks

Front mounted snowblower on 2025r

Hi all, new tractor, and thinking about this winter and getting a front mount snowblower. I have some questions that I bet you all can answer. Is there a snowblower that mounts on a loader? I'm thinking no because it would involve quite a variable;e shaft to drive it off the mid pto. How do the front mount ones usually mount? I ask because I'm thinking about getting a mount to bolt on in from to hold suitcase weights...will this interfere with how a front mount snowblower goes on a 2 series tractor (2025r)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 Times in 1,233 Posts
    John Deere 54" Quick-Hitch Snow Blower

The weight bracket would likely have to come off, but it's only two bolts.
    jdforever likes this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 1,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJFlores View Post
    Hi all, new tractor, and thinking about this winter and getting a front mount snowblower. I have some questions that I bet you all can answer. Is there a snowblower that mounts on a loader? I'm thinking no because it would involve quite a variable;e shaft to drive it off the mid pto.
    There are loader mounted snow blowers but they are typically very large units for larger tractors. They are usually VERY expensive as they do not use a drive shaft at all but instead are hydraulically powered. And since most tractors do not have enough hydraulic flow to power them they use a hydraulic power pack that attaches to the 3PH and is ran from the rear PTO. The whole package usually runs around $10K and up.

How do the front mount ones usually mount? I ask because I'm thinking about getting a mount to bolt on in from to hold suitcase weights...will this interfere with how a front mount snowblower goes on a 2 series tractor (2025r)?
    There is a Quick Tach mount that attaches to the front of the tractor. The bracket that goes on the tractor is similar to the one used for the mower deck. To mount a front blower you would need to remove any front suitcase weights and the associated bracket.
    jdforever likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the replies. That's enough to make me consider a rear mount blower. The rear mount seem to be more rugged,,,and cheaper too.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:28 AM
    Thanks
    The saddle receiver brackets that are bolted to the front crossbar do not need to be removed. In fact, the Quick Hitch drops into them. If you're not blowing snow around a lot of obstacles, a rear mount is OK. They're a PITA if you have a lot of obstacles to go around. I didn't think my front mount was that expensive. I believe the entire package was just over $3K. I'm probably going to get a rotary broom again and the Quick Hitch and front PTO are the same for both, also.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Thanks
    Attaching a front mount blower is pretty easy. I do the change over every fall and spring.. Remove the auto connect parts, hang them on the wall, install the blower bracket and PTO shaft. I park my loader in the winter too. I'n the spring, take off the blower parts, add the auto connect parts and I'm ready to mow..

How to Install a Snow Blower onto your John Deere 1025R or 1023E Sub-Compact Utility Tractor - YouTube

Get a quote from your dealer and find out just how much it would cost to add a blower.

There's no way I'd want to drive in reverse and constantly turn my head around to look behind me as I blow out the driveways. I'm too old for that. If you do a good job with the blower, there's no need for the loader. The blower tosses the snow far enough..
    The 54" blade than mounts exactly like the 47" or 54" snowblower, is ok if you have room to push the snow off the driveway. Plowing with just the FEL and bucket can be painfully slow..... Adding the 54" blade to the the FEL frame might cost some $$ but you can pile the snow pretty well with it! Then there's always a snow pusher....
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements