Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Stump Bucket build for 1025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Thanks

Stump Bucket build for 1025r

I thought a Stump Bucket would be a useful addition to my collection of loader attachments.
    I thought it would be an easy build, with the most time spent in welding it together.
    My main concern was size … I didn't want a bucket too large for the 1025 to handle, nor so small that it would be practically useless.
    To save on cost I wanted to make the bucket so it would attach to my Titan loader fork back frame, rather than build a complete QA loader mount frame with the bucket welded to it.
    I thought a bucket 30" long and 9" wide on the bottom, with the sides flaring out to 14" at the top back edge might be a size the tractor could handle. The only way to know for sure was to build it and try it …
    I had some 3/16" and 1/4" plate steel sheared to the dimensions I needed, and I cut 1"x1" and 1" x 2" x 3/16" tubing to sizes needed
    The 3/16" plate was for the back and sides, and the 1/4" plate would be for the bottom. The tubing would be for the back frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4085.JPG   DSCF4102.JPG  
    glc, etcallhome, Levi and 4 others like this.
    2013 - JD 1025r, 60" Auto Connect MMM, H120 FEL, 50" QA Loader Bucket, Home made Bucket Teeth, Titan QA loader fork back frame, Home made 66" Loader QA Snow Plow, Home made Land Plane. Home made loader QA Stump bucket. Home made loader boom pole attachment. Home made Landscape Rake. Modified HF Quick Hitch, Home made 3 point Ballast Box, Home made Debris Forks, Betsco BX42-S Wood Chipper, Woods 60" Back Blade, 72" Befco Finish Mower. 5' Bush Hog Mower. 1952 Ford 8N

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Welded up the mounting frame, and started welding together the sides and bottom of the bucket.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4088.JPG   DSCF4103.JPG  
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    2013 - JD 1025r, 60" Auto Connect MMM, H120 FEL, 50" QA Loader Bucket, Home made Bucket Teeth, Titan QA loader fork back frame, Home made 66" Loader QA Snow Plow, Home made Land Plane. Home made loader QA Stump bucket. Home made loader boom pole attachment. Home made Landscape Rake. Modified HF Quick Hitch, Home made 3 point Ballast Box, Home made Debris Forks, Betsco BX42-S Wood Chipper, Woods 60" Back Blade, 72" Befco Finish Mower. 5' Bush Hog Mower. 1952 Ford 8N

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    What is a stump bucket for? Dig it out, lift it, look pretty beside it?
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    I know it’s something i looked up a year ago and would like to build. It’s awesome for helping dig up stumps, rocks, bushes, hard, etc.
    I believe it works good if you need a shallow trench built. Especially if you don’t have a backhoe.
    I could see myself using it a lot to get rocks and dirt to a more specific spot than my 53” wide loader.

Gwizz- will you be able to weigh it? When I built my pallet forks I used a house scale as I was building it. I was able to weigh the frame on the house scale afterwards and each fork. Surprisingly it was very close to the same weight.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    It's for taking out one of these I used an artillian hoe bucket for this one with my 3E series. I originally had it for my 2210.

For those who think you can trench with a stump or hoe bucket, I would caution you it is a slow and laborious process (and not nearly as neat as a trencher or back hoe), particularly if the ground is hard and compacted. I use my hoe bucket for stump removal and also for planting bushes and small trees. It's very hard to put a shovel in the ground in my little piece of North Carolina due to the clay and rocks so I used this when I don't want to rig up my post hole digger.

It appears the OP is building something similar to the artillian hoe bucket but with a longer reach. Most stump buckets I have seen are quite heavy, have a long throat and most are rigged up for skid steers. I think there is a bit of a market for a light weight stump bucket for SCUT's and small compact tractors but it hasn't been tapped or I have not found one. My neighbor has one for his 25hp Kubota but it's really meant for a skid steer or bigger tractor, it would not work on a SCUT due to the weight.

The Artillian Hoe Bucket doesn't have a very deep throat like a traditional stump bucket but it works very well for what it is. To me the OP has the right idea going on the size of his, hopefully it isn't too heavy for a the 1 series he wants to put it on to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stump1.jpg  
    etcallhome, Tomfive, Levi and 1 others like this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I test fitted the mounting frame and welded it to the back of the bucket. Then I notched 1" square stock for bucket teeth and welded them in place, to a 1/2" x 4" bottom plate. The 1" square stock I used for the bucket teeth isn't hardened, but if the teeth wear down I'll just add weld to build them back up … easy fix.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4098.JPG   DSCF4108.JPG   DSCF4100.JPG   DSCF4105.JPG  
    Last edited by Gwizz; 06-23-2019 at 07:41 AM.
    etcallhome, Tomfive, Levi and 6 others like this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlegreenmachine View Post
    Gwizz- will you be able to weigh it? When I built my pallet forks I used a house scale as I was building it. I was able to weigh the frame on the house scale afterwards and each fork. Surprisingly it was very close to the same weight.
    Yes … I did weigh the completed bucket, believe it or not it actually weighs LESS that the two 42" fork tines I use.
    The bucket weighs 101 pounds, with a coat of paint on it …

G

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

Weak Spot?

Completed the bucket …
    I took it out for a "test dig" to see if it would actually work, and if there were any places that needed reinforcing …
    I dug a hole to about 3/4 the depth of the bucket and about twice as long ...

Nuts … I found a weak spot in my build …
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4111.JPG   DSCF4115.JPG   DSCF4139.JPG  
    Last edited by Gwizz; 06-24-2019 at 08:01 AM.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:51 AM
    Thanks
    No pictures of said “weak spot”?!?!

I’m sure you’ll have it fixed up and reinforced in no time-regardless your idea, execution and fab looks very impressive

Where in SW Mi, neighbor?
    etcallhome, Levi and JD4044M like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to balrog006 For This Useful Post:

Gwizz (06-24-2019)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast