Countryline RT4 Tiller & JD1025R?
Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Hiwire
  • 2 Post By Hiwire
  • 3 Post By cashxx

Thread: Countryline RT4 Tiller & JD1025R?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 10:17 PM
    Thanks

Countryline RT4 Tiller & JD1025R?

TSC has this gear-drive tiller in stock, claims it for a 25 hp+ tractor. They have a “subcompact” version, but it’s chain drive & not carried in stores.

Anyone use this TSC RT4 on a 1025R with good results?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks
    I bought this for my 1025r. I have only used it a few times but I really like it. It is reversable. Reverse it and its a real beast. I reversed mine before the final assembly. Just be aware it does toss an occasional stone forward but its amazing. A great combination
    OxPath, BigJim55 and jdforever like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks
    This was from when I finished assembling it. Obviously I didnt use it that day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails received_2056325351120256_1561256630598.jpeg  
    BigJim55 and jdforever like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply. No issues with the weight or suggested minimum horsepower then? Do you leave the front bucket attached while tilling?

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 06:40 PM
    Thanks
    I bought my RT4 a few months ago and have been using it till up the yard and grading, etc. Probably have done an acre or so and haven't had any issues with it on my 2018 1025r.

I leave the front loader on to try and balance the weight, plus I needed it for removing dirt. You always have to have a balanced weight, if you have a lot of weight on the front you should on the rear as well and vice versa.

I bought the RT4 because it has the reverse option and that was the first thing I did and wasn't very fun converting it. It covered the rear and even was throwing dirt up at me. I asked Tarter if they had a front cover of some sort and they don't make one for whatever reason. Think they would make some sort of heavy duty rubber deflector you could bolt on or or a metal one or something. I ended up making it forward again. With the 6 tines, it tills up pretty nicely! If going to reverse it, I would make sure you have some sort of shield to come down across the front 6+ inches before reversing it.

Mine was leaking where you pump the grease in on the side for the axle and it stopped after using it a couple of times. I tightened it, but didn't make a difference. I just made sure it was full and ran it and it quit leaking.

If you go to reverse it and the top axle going to the gear box won't come out of the gear box, loosen the side gear box and it easily slides out then. I had a heck of a time getting the gear box lined up and bolted down again. I hate snap rings and that was fun along with the heavy tines axle. I used a motorcycle jack to put the tines axle on and slide out and reversed it and stuck it back on using jack.

Seems to be a decent tiller so far. Make sure to adjust the slip clutch as well and I question on whether or not you need the big black plastic piece that goes over the shaft on the gear box. Makes it a pain taking the shaft off and tightening the bolts for the slip clutch, etc.

Update:
    FYI: I use a quick hitch and didn't have to shorten the drive shaft when using it with the tiller.
    Last edited by cashxx; 06-23-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    OxPath, MadOx and EVT like this.
    Tractor Info: 2018 1025r (01/18/2019) / 120R FEL 53" Bucket / 260B BH with 16" Bucket / 60" MMM with AC / R4 Tires
    Upgrades: RimGuard in Rear Tires / 16" BackHoe Bucket / Engine Block Heater / JD Seat Cover / 3D Pedal Covers / 3D Diff Pedal / HH WT Bracket / 5' Rear Blade / CountyLine 4' RT4 Tiller / JD Ballast Box / HLA 36" Forks / RanchEx 3pt Quick Hitch / BXpanded 6", Ripper, BH Thumb, QA / LoadNGo /
    Planned Upgrades: Edge Tamers / Bolt-on Hooks / HH Rear Receiver Hitch Plate / HH Toothbar

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for all your replies! Sounds like a trip to TSC is in order this week. 🙂

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 06:40 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by atebit View Post
    Thanks for all your replies! Sounds like a trip to TSC is in order this week. 🙂
    Oh I forgot! Check prices around you if you have multiple TSC stores around you. At some locations it was like $1259 and others it was $1359 or something along those lines. I drove a little farther and saved $100 or so dollars. The girl who helped me said I could have just had the store price match and didn't want to go through the hassle and just drove a little further.

It was on sale in April for $1259 in western PA plus $75 in tax for total of about $1335.
    Tractor Info: 2018 1025r (01/18/2019) / 120R FEL 53" Bucket / 260B BH with 16" Bucket / 60" MMM with AC / R4 Tires
    Upgrades: RimGuard in Rear Tires / 16" BackHoe Bucket / Engine Block Heater / JD Seat Cover / 3D Pedal Covers / 3D Diff Pedal / HH WT Bracket / 5' Rear Blade / CountyLine 4' RT4 Tiller / JD Ballast Box / HLA 36" Forks / RanchEx 3pt Quick Hitch / BXpanded 6", Ripper, BH Thumb, QA / LoadNGo /
    Planned Upgrades: Edge Tamers / Bolt-on Hooks / HH Rear Receiver Hitch Plate / HH Toothbar

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements