Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Front snow blade question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:36 PM
    Thanks

Front snow blade question

Hello All!

Recently bought a used 2015 1025R with 36 hours on it. I love the tractor. It came with a bagger system, which is currently taking space up in the garage. If your in Michigan, and would be interested in it let me know! But the reason I am posting, I'm looking for everything I need to mount a front snow blade on the tractor. I know I know its rather early, but I'd rather be prepared, then trying to put it all together during hunting season. Does anyone have a parts list for the front snow blade. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Thanks in advanced

Paul

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 12:12 PM
    Thanks

Welcome

Welcome Onehandman.

I'm a Michigan man myself you'll like it. Between Midland and Auburn here,

Dennis
    Last edited by driveshaft; 06-24-2019 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typed name wrong
    SulleyBear and kylew like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:23 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome!!

Do you want to mount a blade on your front loader or do you want to mount it directly to the tractor?
    ColonyPark, SulleyBear and kylew like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the Welcomes. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Driveshaft- I live north of Detroit an hour, I went to school in Big Rapids.

Mark- Good Question. I want to mount it directly to the tractor. For my driveway, I think this is the best route to go.

Thanks,

Paul
    SulleyBear likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:58 PM
    Thanks
    See my post here that I did in January 2019. I listed the part numbers and some helpful info. I just checked and the prices are still the same today. I did the 60" blade but a 54" is also available from Deere. And welcome from Grass Lake

2018 1025r and 60" JD front plow parts needed
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kylew For This Useful Post:

DanW(07-09-2019)

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-15-2019 @ 10:21 PM
    Thanks
    One hand man, welcome to the forum. You値l find the experience of the forum members invaluable.

If your sure you want a tractor mounted snow plow I知 confident you値l get the answers you need quickly.

I went with a plow that mounts in place of the bucket on the FEL and I知 very pleased with it. If you change your mind and are interested in an FEL mounted plow I値l be happy to share my experience.
    kylew likes this.
    2018 John Deere 1025r, Mauser cab, rear wiper, rear light, FEL, Piranah tooth bar, Heavy Hitch weight bar, 8 suitcase weights, 55 amp alternator, Kens hooks and seat springs, 54 MMM, 66 Loader mounted CTA plow, Artillian 3d function diverter kit. New Green equipment =less green in investments

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Kylew, Nice write up. I do like the 60" blade. How does your 1 series push the snow?

Sportshot. i'm not opposed to listening on your experience of a FEL snow blade. I can change my mind rather easily, that is why i'm starting to look now. I really would like power angle, growing up I plowed with a manual angling blade on the back of a "orange" tractor. I think i'm just worried about the cracks in my concrete driveway.

Paul

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 10:31 AM
    Thanks
    I have the Frontier AF10 5 foot loader mounted plow. I have had it two winters and use it on the gravel driveway of my lake home. It's taken me two winters to learn how to use it. It's a battle maintaining steering. Using it in float is out of the question so you are not going to scrape a concrete driveway clean. If the snow is heavy you can't really take a full cut with the blade angled or it will just push the front end to the side. I plow with the gauge shoes pretty high and leave some snow to pack down. It does have the advantage of being able to raise the loader and push back piles of snow. I'm not thrilled about it, but it does what I need it to do and is pretty cost effective.

I did just put Rimgaurd in all 4 tires and I think that will be helpful. I had rear ballast but nothing on the front.

Snow pushers are the thing now and that is likely what I would look at if I didn't have this. Might not be so great on the long driveway but I would give it a look.

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    RS America, those are some of the reasons why I think i want to go to a front snow blade frame mounted. My worries about a box type pusher is the tractor not having enough wait to make a long push.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks
    I'm looking to buy a snow blade before this winter also. These lists are far from complete but the highlights of my research so far. There's 2 primary directions you can go. One is with the Deere Quick Hitch. This uses the same blades and snow blowers as the X700 series.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	c25g20a2.gif
Views:	119
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	692652

Deere 54 Quick Hitch Snow Blade Installation & Review (Tractor Time with Time on Youtube)

Pros-
    • Doesn't need a 3rd hydraulic circuit to angle the blade
    • Can easily switch between snow blower and snow blade (Note: If you have the drive over auto PTO connect for your mower deck you need to remove that adapter from the tractor before connecting the snow blower PTO)

Cons-
    • A bit more manual labor involved on the install.
    • Blade lift is limited if you need to push tall piles.

The other option is to replace the loader bucket with a plow blade. Deere and several 3rd parties offer this type blade.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	af10f_series_front_blades_r4g029838_rrd_1366x768_large_1e918a37bc38869b49d0b960ecdcc5a0801a4ab8.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	692654

Pros-
    • Minimal labor involved
    • Blade can go full height of FEL to push tall piles

Cons-
    • Needs 3rd hydraulic circuit to angle blade unless you want to do that manually. Deere and several 3rd party options available
    • Snow blower options limited to rear 3PH or going with the quick hitch snow blower above. (In which case, might as well go with the QH Blade)
    SulleyBear, ErikR and kylew like this.
    "Wherever you leak, the world hangs a bucket." - Gallagher

Sold - 1991 John Deere LX186 w/48" deck, 42" front plow, 1993 John Deere TRX26 snowblower
    Now own - 2018 John Deere 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Warning Light Brush Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, All States Ag Parts Mirrors, Ken's Hooks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast