Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 2025r / Frontier LP1160 Land Plane

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks

2025r / Frontier LP1160 Land Plane

Hi all, my Deere dealer just dropped off my new land plane. I'm surprised at how large...and how nice it is. My tractor is a new 2025r, and the dealer suggested I go with a light weight 48" but I went with the heavy weight 60" and am glad I did. I was a little nervous how it would pull it when fully loaded, but my machine pulls it just fine. I did put it in 4X4 after I dragged a full load of material through a big puddle, but the R4 tires held traction just fine. I have a 1/4 mile dirt driveway...which is in very bad shape after being without a tractor for over 5 years....but this land plane brought up and reclaimed more gravel than I ever would have imagined. It's a dummy proof tool (perfect for me) ...you just drop it and drive. I only made a few quick passes but couldn't help but think...why didn't I do this a lot sooner. I can't wait to have a tri-axle of material delivered ,....get it spread and hit it with the Land Plane. If you're on the fence about getting one... they are for real! I'm loving it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jdLP.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	692876

Name:	Driveway.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	692878
    Gizmo2, rtgt, BigJim55 and 8 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Thanks
    I agree. I love my landpane. It’s just magical. I know I’m glad I got mine. I got the new 2025 and went with the LP1060L. I didn’t want to take a chance to it being to heavy. Figured I can always add weight to a lighter one. I see no reason to get a 48” unless you need it to get into small places
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MJFlores View Post
    Hi all, my Deere dealer just dropped off my new land plane. I'm surprised at how large...and how nice it is. My tractor is a new 2025r, and the dealer suggested I go with a light weight 48" but I went with the heavy weight 60" and am glad I did. I was a little nervous how it would pull it when fully loaded, but my machine pulls it just fine. I did put it in 4X4 after I dragged a full load of material through a big puddle, but the R4 tires held traction just fine. I have a 1/4 mile dirt driveway...which is in very bad shape after being without a tractor for over 5 years....but this land plane brought up and reclaimed more gravel than I ever would have imagined. It's a dummy proof tool (perfect for me) ...you just drop it and drive. I only made a few quick passes but couldn't help but think...why didn't I do this a lot sooner. I can't wait to have a tri-axle of material delivered ,....get it spread and hit it with the Land Plane. If you're on the fence about getting one... they are for real! I'm loving it!

Name:	jdLP.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	692876

Name:	Driveway.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	692878
    Now youve got your rode fixed what use will the land plane be? I've thgought about getting one but havent cause i feel it will be stacked with other implements i own that seldom ever get used
    Gizmo2, BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
    Now youve got your rode fixed what use will the land plane be? I've thgought about getting one but havent cause i feel it will be stacked with other implements i own that seldom ever get used
    well its gonna be used at least twice a yr for sure. and every time u ride that driveway its gonna put a smile on ur face.

i kept our drive way/lane-it was a 1/4 mile long. once a summer i borrowed the townships pull behind grader. pulled it with our jd model 50 farm tractor. that kept the ditches open better, kept the crown in the road. very good implement-IMO. i tried for yrs to buy it from the township-but they kept it to loan out to the people of the township to borrow that had very long lanes back then.
    the 50 didn't have a 3 pt on it-still doesn't. back when i was kid-my dad made a homemade drag-and i got to drive our ole jd 38 B-pulling that drag up and down the lane-but it did nothing for the ditches, we used the hand back hoe back then to keep the ditches cleaned out. work i tell ya!
    Gizmo2, rtgt, bfloyd4445 and 1 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    with a long dirt road, I think I'll be using this plane at least 4 or so times a year. Every year I need to have gravel brought in so I'll spread it with the plane...driving up and down causes the stuff to settle, so a week or so later ya need to hot it again or holes start forming, water gets in it...and then people coming and going spash through it making it worse. Keeping a dirt road in good shape take frequent passes with some sort of tool. I used to use a big rake with my old machine...that was alright but not as easy or nice as the LP. They really are an awesome implement.
    Gizmo2, rtgt, 69project and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,913 Posts
    That's why I don't have one, or a box blade for that matter.
    rtgt likes this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 798 Posts
    That would be a snow blade here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    I have a box blade that is used as a ballast box most of the time. Every now and then I get to move some dirt with it.

Nice looking job on the drive.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:36 PM
    Thanks
    I have the 1160 LP as well. It's a great tool. In addition to my drive way, I use it on my never ending yard project to smooth out the dirt I spread. I have also used it on my trails in my woods, although it's a little cumbersome for that since the length makes the tractor a bit awkward to maneuver in the woods. Yes, it does sit for long periods of time but when I need it, I need it so worth the investment for me. I don't have a box blade that works on my 3E series so this also fills that role albeit not nearly as good as a box blade since it doesn't move as much dirt at once.

To the OP, you may not have to bring in gravel every year now with the LP. I am still on the first load of gravel brought in two years ago for my drive. It's a pretty thin layer and I needed more from the start but my LP brings my gravel back up to the top. I probably drag my drive once every 4 to 6 months depending on how much rain we get. We had an exceptionally wet winter and spring so I drug my drive back in April, I think, and it still holding up really well now due to a return to a more normal rain pattern.
    rtgt likes this.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    How do you fix the never ending ruts from the z

I also use mine on my driveway often. Ballast for lighter stuff. And endless projects around the yard
    rtgt likes this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isn’t paying attention*

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    I have the 1160 LP as well. It's a great tool. In addition to my drive way, I use it on my never ending yard project to smooth out the dirt I spread. I have also used it on my trails in my woods, although it's a little cumbersome for that since the length makes the tractor a bit awkward to maneuver in the woods. Yes, it does sit for long periods of time but when I need it, I need it so worth the investment for me. I don't have a box blade that works on my 3E series so this also fills that role albeit not nearly as good as a box blade since it doesn't move as much dirt at once.

To the OP, you may not have to bring in gravel every year now with the LP. I am still on the first load of gravel brought in two years ago for my drive. It's a pretty thin layer and I needed more from the start but my LP brings my gravel back up to the top. I probably drag my drive once every 4 to 6 months depending on how much rain we get. We had an exceptionally wet winter and spring so I drug my drive back in April, I think, and it still holding up really well now due to a return to a more normal rain pattern.
    Thats a good point...i was very surprised at how much gravel it reclaimed and moved around to fill in pot holes. I'll need another load or two I think to fill in the deeper holes, and hopefully start to form a crown. After that, yeah I'll be surprised to see how long I can go between loads. I pay $270 per triaxle load...so if this things saves a load here and there, it'll start paying for itself rather quickly. Not that I dont mind investing in it...it'll be great to have it and use whenever I want.
    rtgt likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast