Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Skid Plate for a 1025R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-19-2019 @ 08:13 PM
    Thanks

Smile Skid Plate for a 1025R

I have a John Deere 1025R that I use in very rough terrain. So far I haven't hit anything to do damage, but I would like to prevent damage. I have been looking for a skid plate for the underside of my 1025R. A company called Bro-Tech makes a set of skid plates for a 1026R. I believe a 1026R is no longer made, but that it has the same frame as the 1025R. I contacted the Bro-Tech, but they were unable to tell me if their skid plates would fit a 1025R as well as the 1026R. Has anyone purchased the skid plates from Bro-Tech and has anyone tried them on a 1025R? Any thoughts regarding the skid plates would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Thanks
    Bump. Been looking for skid plates myself, am interested to hear if anyone has found any for the 1025r.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks
    Me as well.
    Contacted Richard at Bro Tek to see if any skidplates were planned for the 1025R around mid May
    His response
    "I wish.. it will b 2-3 months at best.."

Sounds encouraging but would not count on it . .

Asked whether the 1026 model works on the 1025R he stated the only JD model they make is for the 2305 which is not what the website states;
    not sure what's up with that response
    Bill
    2016 1025R, H120 FEL, 54" Auto Connect Deck, Kens Bolt on Hooks, Ballast Box
    Z10 Cyclone Rake

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Thanks
    Member Martincom posted this in another thread:

"Bro-tek has had the 1026R skid plate listed for a number of years on his web page, but not available to order. When I spoke with him a year or so ago, he indicated his web designer was a bit over ambitious. Also, the local dealership changed hands and the new owners were no longer willing to loan him tractors to develop prototypes from."

Thread source, post #6: 1025r broke steering hydraulic line
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I gave up looking for a skid plate and have designed my own. I took the plans for the plate to a local fabricator and should have a prototype in a week or two. I'll post photos when I have it installed.
    romcjr, theduke, Wj80 and 3 others like this.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Engineer View Post
    I gave up looking for a skid plate and have designed my own. I'll post photos when I have it installed.
    How about some photos & dimensions BEFORE you have it installed?
    W9GFO and romcjr like this.
    2013 - JD 1025r, 1952 Ford 8N 60" MMM, H120 FEL, 50" QA Loader Bucket, Home made Bucket Teeth, Titan QA loader fork back frame, Home made 66" Loader QA Snow Plow, Home made Land Plane. Home made loader QA Stump bucket. Home made loader boom pole attachment. Home made Landscape Rake. Modified HF Quick Hitch, Home made 3 point Ballast box. Betsco BX42-S Wood Chipper, Woods 60" Back Blade, 72" Befco Finish Mower. 5' Bush Hog Mower

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:29 PM
    Thanks
    Has anybody talked to KENNYD ? He has developed several accessories for our tractors that are very useful . May be worth a conversation .
    kylew likes this.
    Ron
    2016 1025R SILB (Self Installed Loader Backhoe)
    54 Autoconnect MMM
    JD Imatch
    Several homemade Mods
    Ken's bolt on grab hooks combo , Diff lock pedal , Oblong slings , Backhoe Steps
    Piranha tooth bar
    Artillian forks
    Armstong Ag 4' Box Blade
    Fimco 40 gal. 3 pt. sprayer
    Blue Hawk (?) Plug Aerator

2016 x580
    Power Flow 14 Bushel Bagger
    Brushguard
    Jeff's LED Taillights
    JD Mulch Kit
    42 Hyd. Tiller

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks

Prototype of Skid Plate

I finally got the steel plate back from the metal shop. The rear piece fit well, but the front piece needed a lot of modifications and I added a middle plate so everything underneath is protected. The only drawback I see so far is that it reduces the clearance by about 1.5" top 2" across the rear part of the tractor and I will need to add an access hole or two for greasing, although it is only 8 bolts to remove the plates for access to the grease fittings. With the skid plates, you cannot use the mid deck mover, but with the mid deck mower, you probably don't need a skid plate.

I still need to test the skid plate in some brush and rugged terrain to see how it performs (although I will not purposely hit things) I want to see if it will keep the brush from grabbing everything underneath the tractor.

I still need to modify my plans which I will share with anyone interested. (it may take me a month or so, so don't expect too soon) Here are a few photos of the skid plates installed. Overall cost so far is about $120 and three days of work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P7180028a.jpg   P7160011a.jpg  
    keane, romcjr, t2timmy and 6 others like this.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1Engineer For This Useful Post:

JD4044M (07-19-2019), Oscar Leroy (07-21-2019)

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Great job so far!

I do know someone that my be interested in the plans
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Engineer View Post
    I finally got the steel plate back from the metal shop. The rear piece fit well, but the front piece needed a lot of modifications and I added a middle plate so everything underneath is protected. The only drawback I see so far is that it reduces the clearance by about 1.5" top 2" across the rear part of the tractor and I will need to add an access hole or two for greasing, although it is only 8 bolts to remove the plates for access to the grease fittings. With the skid plates, you cannot use the mid deck mover, but with the mid deck mower, you probably don't need a skid plate.

I still need to test the skid plate in some brush and rugged terrain to see how it performs (although I will not purposely hit things) I want to see if it will keep the brush from grabbing everything underneath the tractor.

I still need to modify my plans which I will share with anyone interested. (it may take me a month or so, so don't expect too soon) Here are a few photos of the skid plates installed. Overall cost so far is about $120 and three days of work.
    You don't use your tractor for mowing, do you?
    keane and wentonbrown like this.
    'What's the point of being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes?' - Doctor Who

Sold - 1991 John Deere LX186 w/48" deck, 42" front plow, 1993 John Deere TRX26 snowblower
    Now own - 2018 John Deere 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Warning Light Brush Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, All States Ag Parts Mirrors, Ken's Hooks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast