Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By keefus

Thread: Frontier Land Plane

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks

Frontier Land Plane

Hi all, as mentioned in a previous post...I bought an LP1160 land plane with my 2025r, and couldn't be happier. I'm using it a lot more than I though...each time you make a pass it just reclaims more gravel and makes things that much smoother. Question though, in the photos online they have a black tube about 16" long attached to one of the 45degree uprights. I dont have one on mine, amd I missing a part or something? It seems like I have everything I need...and I can't think of anything I dont. What is that tube for, and do I need to call JD or something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 03:37 PM
    Thanks
    I think The tube holds the manual for the land plane.
    Last edited by keefus; 07-02-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    fdmars, theduke and Oscar Leroy like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by keefus View Post
    I think The tube holds the manual for the land plane.
    Correct. In some cases the tube must be installed by the dealer. Did the OP get the owner's manual? If so, I wouldn't worry about the tube. If not, I would definitely call and ask for the manual - it may still be in the tube on the mechanics work bench. :-)

I never keep any of my manuals in the tubes. On some equipment the tubes just get in the way so I remove them. They came about from the idea of always having the manual WITH the implement.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks
    Ah, ok. Yes I did get the manual. I can't imagine myself using that tube to store a manual...thanks guys!

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJFlores View Post
    Ah, ok. Yes I did get the manual. I can't imagine myself using that tube to store a manual...thanks guys!
    Then again, you PAID for that manual tube as the LP1160 is supposed to come with one. It costs $26 not including mounting hardware. Some guys use them to store extra hardware, etc. It's a nice water tight container.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements